Wiki Posts
Search

Chase Luxury Hotel Collection

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2013, 3:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
LH&R Collection

It won't accept SPG MC, only Visa. All my Chase Visa cards start with 4147-20..................... If your card (Freedom, or whatever) starts with the same 6 digits you should be able to access the site. Prices are not discounted AFAIK. I see lower prices on kayak, otel, olotel etc. But you have to decide if the benies are worth the extra bucks.
Old Jul 23, 2013, 3:56 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by philemer
...4147-20..................... If your card (Freedom, or whatever) starts with the same 6 digits
My Freedom card starts with 4266 84
Old Jul 18, 2014, 9:36 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold; IHG Spire Elite
MGM Grand Las Vegas Clueless about this program

I booked two nights at this hotel using the Chase deal: $75 night + $40 daily room service breakfast credit + $25 credit + upgrade + early/late checkout. When I checked in to the hotel they needed to look at documentation from Chase (good thing I brought a screen shot of the deal, as none of it is on the confirmation email they sent). The hotel told me that they knew nothing of the perks with the deal, only the rate. When I asked about the upgrade, they simply told me that they wouldn't give me one (I know, the t&c say, "if available"). The hotel, the 2nd largest in the world, told me that they did have lots of upgraded rooms, but I would not get one. Chase and its vendor should make hotels upgrade if they have one OR just remove that as one of the perks of their hotel program.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by Sterlingguy
I booked two nights at this hotel using the Chase deal: $75 night + $40 daily room service breakfast credit + $25 credit + upgrade + early/late checkout. When I checked in to the hotel they needed to look at documentation from Chase (good thing I brought a screen shot of the deal, as none of it is on the confirmation email they sent). The hotel told me that they knew nothing of the perks with the deal, only the rate. When I asked about the upgrade, they simply told me that they wouldn't give me one (I know, the t&c say, "if available"). The hotel, the 2nd largest in the world, told me that they did have lots of upgraded rooms, but I would not get one. Chase and its vendor should make hotels upgrade if they have one OR just remove that as one of the perks of their hotel program.
Darn. I just booked it too. I thought $75 - $40 - $12.50 = $22.50 + upgrade is a steal. So you are saying you don't get anything at all? Have you called Chase and asked about it?
Old Jul 23, 2014, 9:40 am

Programs: Hilton Gold; IHG Spire Elite
Originally Posted by Need
Darn. I just booked it too. I thought $75 - $40 - $12.50 = $22.50 + upgrade is a steal. So you are saying you don't get anything at all? Have you called Chase and asked about it?
Sorry, you get everything except don't count on an upgrade
Old Jul 23, 2014, 9:48 am

Does LHR offer good value on booking hotel stays entirely with UR points as compared to flight transfers or other uses of UR points? Ideally, I'd prefer to absorb the cost of hotel stays with UR points as I tend to book at expensive properties for extended periods. Does LHR + UR offer good value in this respect?

Also I think others have asked this question but I wasn't clear on the answer: if paying with UR points, would you still accrue the same loyalty benefits (SPG for example) at properties in which you're enrolled in their rewards program?
Old Jul 23, 2014, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by Sterlingguy
Sorry, you get everything except don't count on an upgrade
Ah okay that's better. I guess upgrade in Vegas is a $20 bill away.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 8:32 pm
jmw

I got an upgrade at Vdara (another MGM property) and all other benefits including late checkout. I did have to show the T&C of my specific reservation I printed out to get rid of the meals I charged to the room. The front desk can't tell when you got your meal especially if you spend comps to hide the meal cost, so you may be able to tell them the dinner was for breakfast. No guarantees that this will work for you.

Overall it was worth it, but I don't like having to show the reservation printout. They also don't like meals charged outside of Vdara/Aria, but gave it to me as a one-time exception. So if the hotel was MGM, they may not like it if you walked over to the Aria for a meal.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by jmw
I got an upgrade at Vdara (another MGM property) and all other benefits including late checkout. I did have to show the T&C of my specific reservation I printed out to get rid of the meals I charged to the room. The front desk can't tell when you got your meal especially if you spend comps to hide the meal cost, so you may be able to tell them the dinner was for breakfast. No guarantees that this will work for you.

Overall it was worth it, but I don't like having to show the reservation printout. They also don't like meals charged outside of Vdara/Aria, but gave it to me as a one-time exception. So if the hotel was MGM, they may not like it if you walked over to the Aria for a meal.
Vdara was not on LHR's list of Vegas hotels. Maybe they took it out? And my reservation print out for MGM doesn't even show the benefits.
Old Nov 7, 2014, 3:32 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt LT Global Elitist, Bonvyoed LT Titanium, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Everytime I try to check out with my Chase Sapphire Preferred card, I get a message "Upon review of this transaction, it cannot be processed with the information provided. Please validate the information and try again. If you’re still experiencing problems, contact the number on the back of your card."

I called and said this program ONLY applies to the United Mileage Plus Explorer card. Is this true? Am I missing something here?
Old Jan 27, 2015, 2:37 pm

I'm having issues getting in with both CSP, and MPExplorer card. Haven't called Chase yet ..pray for me!
Old Jan 27, 2015, 3:04 pm

Programs: Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by kmjunior04
I'm having issues getting in with both CSP, and MPExplorer card. Haven't called Chase yet ..pray for me!
I can't get in why my CSP, Hyatt or Freedom either.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 11:58 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, HA Plat
Originally Posted by Jerryf08
I can't get in why my CSP, Hyatt or Freedom either.
I can't get in either. I'd like to hope it's only messed up because they're in the process of upgrading to an actually functional website....
Old Jan 28, 2015, 8:21 am

CSP, MileagePlus Club, Freedom are not working for me either.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 5:06 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Best Western Diamond
My ritz card apparently isn't elligible for this program =/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.