Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Sign in using an external account

Old Aug 3, 12, 6:25 pm   #1

Chase Sapphire Preferred upgrade

Need assistance please.

I had a CSP last year and just this May I downgraded to the Chase Sapphire to avoid the annual fee. Today I received a letter for an offer to upgrade to CSP. I will receive 2500 bonus points and a $0 annual fee for the lst year than $95 afterwards....

I already received the lst year free with the CSP which I cancelled in May 2012. Will I receive another $0 annual fee plus the 2500 bonus points? Will there be a credit report pull?

What is the catch?
metoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 12, 6:41 pm   #2

Sounds like a retention bonus coming a little late. The typical retention bonus for the CSP is in the range of 2500-3500 points. Your offer is better in that it also waives the AF. Verify on phone with two different agents and go for it!
mojoshtudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 12, 7:00 pm   #3

When I call to confirm, should I let CSR know that I had CSP before?
metoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 12, 8:21 pm   #4

I wouldn't. Since you have the offer in writing and are confirming it over phone, there is no need to provide any more information than you need to.
mojoshtudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 12, 8:34 pm   #5

So I received the offer to upgrade my Sapphire to a Preferred card too, with the 2500 UR bonus and waived AF. But I just got the CSP card two months ago...any chance I can take the bonus? Or is that just getting too greedy?
Vhflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 12, 8:40 pm   #6

Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vhflyer View Post
So I received the offer to upgrade my Sapphire to a Preferred card too, with the 2500 UR bonus and waived AF. But I just got the CSP card two months ago...any chance I can take the bonus? Or is that just getting too greedy?
How would you go about doing that? You call in and say you got an offer and they are going to look at your account and see no reg just the pref. It sounds like who ever mailed it had an old list. Unless I'm not understanding you...
Altoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 12, 12:41 pm   #7

My first post here. My Sapphire reached the first anniversary this month. I'd like to consider upgrading to CSP if I receive an invitation with bonus, but not sure if Chase provides any offers for upgrade... Does anyone know?
cat2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 12, 5:38 pm   #8

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Quote:
Originally Posted by cat2010 View Post
My first post here. My Sapphire reached the first anniversary this month. I'd like to consider upgrading to CSP if I receive an invitation with bonus, but not sure if Chase provides any offers for upgrade... Does anyone know?
You could dig around the CSP benefits thread. There was a public looking link for a free upgrade to CSP for a year. I was going to downgrade and then try that for another year...
sam_goh is online now   Reply With Quote