Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Sign in using an external account

Old Jul 9, 12, 3:02 pm   #1

Chase Freedom Visa Signature

Does anyone have an actual Chase Freedom Visa Signature card? I want to use my Freedom Visa more, but I would like to have the extra protection (ex. extended warranty) that a Visa Signature provides. I was told earlier by a Chase CSR that the only requirement to move to a Signature card was a credit limit of at least $5000. I went ahead and had the limit increased, but now the CSR said it doesn't look like the option to upgrade to Signature level is available. The half dozen people I know with Freedom cards all have the traditional standard Visa. If you have the Chase Freedom Visa Signature, did you have to do anything special to get it? Thanks!
ZontarTheThingFromVenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 12, 3:11 pm   #2

Programs: UA,AA,BA,AS,HH,SPG,IHG
I have a World Mastercard, which I think is the rough MC equivalent of Visa Signature.
aarif1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 12, 4:08 pm   #3

Do you have the Sapphire preferred? That they only issue as a signature (I think) so you could just use that one for any purchases that required the extra protection.

PS my freedom had a 6k limit when approved and was not signature.
capitolm94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 12, 4:22 pm   #4

Yup, my Chase Freedom card is a Visa Signature.

Maybe you can try calling Chase and asking to have them upgrade your Visa card to a Signature card.
yOyOYoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 12, 4:30 pm   #5

I have the Sapphire Preferred (and it is a Visa Signature), but I am thinking of the times like earlier this year when the quarterly Freedom 5X bonus included purchases at Amazon. If that were the case again and I was going to buy, let's say, a $500 TV - I would like to have the extended warranty that the Visa Signature provides. Most of the time I will be using the Freedom card for small purchases ( < $50 ) where the Signature status wont matter.
Old Jul 9, 12, 4:35 pm   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by yOyOYoo View Post

Maybe you can try calling Chase and asking to have them upgrade your Visa card to a Signature card.
I did call and the CSR said the computer was not offering an option to upgrade to Signature status (even though my limit was now $5K).

I thought I remember reading a while back that after having the Freedom card for at least 1 year, some card holders were offered / given Signature status. If that is the case, I've only had the Freedom card since January - maybe I just have to wait?
Old Jul 9, 12, 4:39 pm   #7

Programs: AA, TY, UR, UA, US, WN, MR, SPG
I have the Chase Freedom and it's a Visa Signature. I don't have the CSP
roki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 12, 3:08 pm   #8

Programs: HHonors Gold
I have had a Freedom Visa Signature for about 3 years, didn't do anything special to get it.
allanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 12, 5:05 pm   #9

To OP, the Signature upgrade isn't automatic at $5k or higher. There seems to be other factors too, but no one knows what they are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yOyOYoo View Post

Silly question but is the VISA logo in silver or the standard one?
Nick92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 12, 5:28 pm   #10

Programs: Airline Kettle, SPG, Club Carlson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick92 View Post
To OP, the Signature upgrade isn't automatic at $5k or higher. There seems to be other factors too, but no one knows what they are.

Silly question but is the VISA logo in silver or the standard one?
Standard.
DallasEsq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 12, 8:34 am   #11

Programs: UA Platinum, DL Gold, BA Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZontarTheThingFromVenus View Post
I thought I remember reading a while back that after having the Freedom card for at least 1 year, some card holders were offered / given Signature status. If that is the case, I've only had the Freedom card since January - maybe I just have to wait?
I just sent a secure message and tried to upgrade my card to the Signature status as well. My account was originally opened in April. This is the response:

Thank you for contacting us. Please note we are unable to change your account to a Visa Signature product as your account is open less than 12
months. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause
you.

So looks like you have to wait a year from opening.
elbombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 12, 7:44 pm   #12
HCA

Programs: United Premier Gold, PC Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
I also have Freedom Visa Signature for years. If I remember correctly they kind of forced me to upgrade. I was not too happy back then because I want the reported credit line to have better credit score.
HCA is offline   Reply With Quote