Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

For INK Plus applied online, will Chase match the better terms of an in-Branch offer?

For INK Plus applied online, will Chase match the better terms of an in-Branch offer?

Old Feb 12, 2016, 7:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA-EXP, LATAM Gold+, BA-Blues

Hi,

I'm traveling now, and won't be back near a chase branch until March - by which time, rumor has it, the 5/24 rule will be in place.

To get my application in under the current (churn-lenient) rules, I applied using the online offer (60k bonus after $5k spend, $95 fee NOT waived), and was approved after a quick call to verify my address.

So, I have two questions:

a) Is there currently still an in-branch INK Plus offer for 60k bonus after $5k with the annual fee waived for the first year?

b) If so, if I were simply to call Chase customer service and point this out, is it still their habit to match recently-opened accounts to the slightly better terms of an in-branch offer?

Thanks for confirming,

Checkerboard
Old Feb 12, 2016, 5:16 pm

(a) is correct AFAIK. IDK about (b).
Old Feb 12, 2016, 6:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA-EXP, LATAM Gold+, BA-Blues
OK, thanks. When I call to activate the new cards, I'll mention the in-branch offer and see how it goes...
Old Feb 12, 2016, 7:55 pm

Programs: AA Gold Status, SPG Gold, Hilton Honnors Gold, Amex Platinum, Virgin Atlantic Gold
Talking INK Plus application Technique

Hello,

I have applied well over 15 credit cards over the past 2 years. So I am looking to apply for the INK Plus using EIN from a startup consulting agency that I am developing. Last year I was denied using my social security application. Any ideas how to apply to maximize the chance to get approved. 60K UR points can be very helpful to a trip to South Korea.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 8:13 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, AA Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Virgin America Elevate Gold
Originally Posted by SKY23
Hello,

I have applied well over 15 credit cards over the past 2 years. So I am looking to apply for the INK Plus using EIN from a startup consulting agency that I am developing. Last year I was denied using my social security application. Any ideas how to apply to maximize the chance to get approved. 60K UR points can be very helpful to a trip to South Korea.
There's not a lot to the application and it's based quite a bit on your personal credit so there's not much you can do to 'maximize' your chances. Look at the reasons they denied you last year and see if those have changed. Also if Chase has already extended you a lot of credit then consider either closing an existing card or lowering your credit limit in one or more cards before applying. Be prepared to answer questions about your business if called upon to do.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.