Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

All Ritz-Carlton Rewards Card offers [Consolidated]

Old Jul 21, 2014, 10:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
Moderator Note: This thread is now archived.

Please continue the discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1745852-ritz-carlton-rewards-card-2016-onward.html

===============================================Bes t public available offer:
Two free nights at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $3k spent. Annual fee of $395 NOT waived. https://www.theritzcarltonrewardscard.com/2CN

$300 Annual Travel Credit
"Make the most of your trip with a $300 annual travel credit to use for baggage fees, Global Entry fees, seat upgrades, access to your preferred airport lounge and more. Simply use your card for these expenses and call us at 1-855-896-2222, and we will refund the charges after your flight."

Actual T&C language, as of 08.22.15:"Only the following types of non-ticket Net Purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight internet/entertainment; in-flight meals; Global Entry fees."

As of 1/2/2015, Credit for these charges are based on TRANSACTION (purchase) date, not posting date. If you made an eligible purchase before the end of the year, even if it doesn't post until the following year, you can still receive credit for the previous year. See post #1268

DO NOT attempt to get all $300 in one transaction. Most CSRs will question what incedential charge would be so high. Instead, get multiple smaller gift cards which line up with fees that airline charges. Make sure that whatever amounts you choose, you have an explanation ready for each. For example, AA overweight baggage fee is $150. $50 is first checked bag for 2 ppl. $75 is in the range of upgrade fees, etc.

Reimbursed:

AA e-Giftcards
Southwest eGiftcards - As of 12/30/14 Chase can distinguish between "incidental" and gift card purchase. YMMV depending on CSR.
Delta Giftcards (YMMV)
$78 AA Award flight taxes reimbursed
$22 BA Award flight taxes reimbursed
~$150 AA award fees, taxes, fuel surcharge reimbursed
$246 AA award fees, booking fee, all reported as upgrading to busn award
United Flight Taxes
Spirit Big Front Seats
Spirit Onboard Food and Drinks
DL Ticket Change fee $300
$210 DL first class up-fare
$300 of a $525 AA Admirals Club annual membership
$50 DL Transfer miles fee (2k miles plus $30 fee)
~$160 SQ award fees (circa 2014)
$70 upgraded seats on AA
$34 US award fees
$34 BA Award fees
$90 oneway ticket on AA (paid additional $90 with AA e-gc from last year)
$84.50 x 2 AA award fees
$150 B6 change fees er...umm..."seat upgrades"
$75 UA gift registry (no longer works as of Summer 2015)
$49.95 Bags VIP charge. It surprised me that it went since it comes up as BagsVIP and not an airline. I told the CSR it was AA's partner for baggage delivery and that I was (honestly) unsure if it would work.
UA Gift Registry $150 (one worked, one didn't) -- no longer works as of Summer 2015
$274 BA seat selection for 2 J class seats, LAX-LHR (Jan 2016)

Not Reimbursed:
$315 Avianca ticket charge
United giftcards
$150 AA award redeposit fee (YMMV)
UA Gift Registry $150 (one worked, one didn't)

The deal for 140K points is dead. Chase has replaced it with a complimentary night stay at any Tier 1-4 Ritz-Carlton hotel after spending $2,000 in the first 3 months, available here. As of February 12, 2015, there IS A BETTER known public offer (see below).

The 70K offer is long gone.

[EXPIRED] Active link found on blog 12/16 for 140K offer: https://www.theritzcarltonrewardscard.com/offer140k
Many have applied through this link only to find the application was assigned to a different promo for 2 free nights instead of points. Calling JP Morgan Chase CS has indicated they are aware of this issue and CSRs are expecting the 140k points to be honored but no one in this situation has actually received the 140k points as of Dec 28, 2014.

[EXPIRED] As reported by ghitt87: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22807838-post16.html
Call 1-888-846-7004 to apply.
Mention these RSVP:
F5BP - 140k points after 2k spend in 3 months. Annual fee of $395 not waived first year. - DEAD 9/25
F53K - 70k points, $395 waived first year.

I wasn't targeted, but called and used the RSVP code (5/2). Just act like you got it in the mail.
See also post #483 and following: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23230523-post483.html
Print Wikipost

All Ritz-Carlton Rewards Card offers [Consolidated]

Old Aug 18, 2014, 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by mnscout
Here we go. Thanks for the update.
No prob. It's 100% what I was expecting, but wanted to clarify with them.

It's a great deal with the fee waiver, and I'll probably keep the card after the AF as well. I'm loving the card so far.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 10:04 pm

I called with offer code F53K and was told this is a secure application online only. I have to log into my Marriott or Ritz account to apply. Does anyone know if this offer is still valid? And if there is an online link for it. Thanks.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 1:08 am

Programs: AS MVPG, HA Plat
Originally Posted by jilkoruy
I called with offer code F53K and was told this is a secure application online only. I have to log into my Marriott or Ritz account to apply. Does anyone know if this offer is still valid? And if there is an online link for it. Thanks.
I applied by phone last Friday. Rep confirmed offer terms as 70K and first year annual fee waived. Application submitted fine but no instant approval. Tried calling recon over the weekend and was told it had to go to a group that only works weekdays. Called the same recon number this morning and got it approved by the rep who answered after a few questions and a credit line shift.
I'm not counting on it completely until I have the card in hand and points in my account, but looks exactly as it should so far. Given the inconsistency among reps noted in this thread, it's definitely worth another call or two to try to get someone who can make it work.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by WrightHI
I applied by phone last Friday. Rep confirmed offer terms as 70K and first year annual fee waived. Application submitted fine but no instant approval. Tried calling recon over the weekend and was told it had to go to a group that only works weekdays. Called the same recon number this morning and got it approved by the rep who answered after a few questions and a credit line shift.
I'm not counting on it completely until I have the card in hand and points in my account, but looks exactly as it should so far. Given the inconsistency among reps noted in this thread, it's definitely worth another call or two to try to get someone who can make it work.
Thank you for confirming this. I called twice last night and got the same answer. But then I tried again after your message, and I was able to apply on the phone and was approved. So weird. They are definitely not consistent.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 5:48 pm

Received the card, nice box...BUT..my name is misspelt, they allocated a new Ritz rewards #, did not use my Mariott Rewards #, rep said they will fix this and send a new card, I hope it can be done without hassles.

Another worry - the rep said its 2 free nights with the 140k points, I am hoping I can use the 140k points for cheaper mariott stays and squeeze 5 nights out of it, would be sad if I had to use it for 2 Ritz stays.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 5:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bobby21
Received the card, nice box...BUT..my name is misspelt, they allocated a new Ritz rewards #, did not use my Mariott Rewards #, rep said they will fix this and send a new card, I hope it can be done without hassles.

Another worry - the rep said its 2 free nights with the 140k points, I am hoping I can use the 140k points for cheaper mariott stays and squeeze 5 nights out of it, would be sad if I had to use it for 2 Ritz stays.
Same issue with misspeling and new # but i decided to just get the bonus and merge accounts later... any downside here?
Old Aug 19, 2014, 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by azepine00
Same issue with misspeling and new # but i decided to just get the bonus and merge accounts later... any downside here?
Not sure, I don't want a Ritz account, I want the points in my Marriott account.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 8:41 pm

Do you have your rewards number printed on the back of your card? Mine says rewards number but doesn't have a number listed next to that.

I was not a previous Ritz/Marriott member so is should have been assigned a new one.

Called customer service and was told "I don't think they're printed on those cards anymore" and that "she has no record of a rewards number on the account yet because they haven't been sent it from Ritz yet".

Uh, ok. But then what was going on for the week my account was "approved" but supposedly pending the input from Ritz to link the rewards before being completed?

Just wondering if this is normalish, or if the lack of a number on my card (where Ritz customer service told me to find it) indicates a potential issue in setting up the account and I should be concerned about everything properly posting.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 10:18 pm

Originally Posted by barbcole
Do you have your rewards number printed on the back of your card? Mine says rewards number but doesn't have a number listed next to that.

I was not a previous Ritz/Marriott member so is should have been assigned a new one.

Called customer service and was told "I don't think they're printed on those cards anymore" and that "she has no record of a rewards number on the account yet because they haven't been sent it from Ritz yet".

Uh, ok. But then what was going on for the week my account was "approved" but supposedly pending the input from Ritz to link the rewards before being completed?

Just wondering if this is normalish, or if the lack of a number on my card (where Ritz customer service told me to find it) indicates a potential issue in setting up the account and I should be concerned about everything properly posting.
Mine has it. I created the account the day I applied, FWIW.
Old Aug 20, 2014, 7:35 am

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum, HH Gold
Well change of plans. They re-reviewed my account and said that a $395 fee will be applied if I want to get the 140k bonus points. After posting on here earlier that I was not indicated about it. Chase must read these forums.

Last edited by fL1Pm0d3; Aug 20, 2014 at 10:00 am
Old Aug 20, 2014, 8:28 pm

Just applied for wife and I for the 140K version. If we both get approval, I'd consider this the best bonus available. Still pretty good if just one of us gets it, but value increases significantly if both of us get it.
Old Aug 20, 2014, 11:42 pm

Programs: AA, BA, UA, Spirit, Delta, PC Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by jilkoruy
Read my report a couple of pages back. The agent also said there wasn't such offer, and I was unfortunate to get her again when I called for the second time. Next agent found the offer in a heartbeat. Call again and again if needed.

I did a writeup on this card and some of its "hidden" bennies, too.

Last edited by mnscout; Aug 20, 2014 at 11:47 pm Reason: Added a link
Old Aug 21, 2014, 10:32 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Just want to mention I had the exact experience as jilkoruy above, from start to finish.

Last edited by italdesign; Aug 21, 2014 at 10:46 am
Old Aug 21, 2014, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by AveApostle
For those calling reconsideration, I was told it's a separate line for another division (and not open on weekends...): 800-527-7415
I called this and the guy who answered said "special services" (or something like that) asked me if I was calling from the branch. He is also doing a VERY thorough review of my app history. First decline ever (he cited my high volume of apps and credit).

Oh well, you win some, you lose some.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 11:59 am

The Miles Professor blog has a post summarizing exactly why I mentioned it being best to get 2 of the 140,000 point offers if doable. Basically, I will combine bonus points with my wife and redeem 270,000 points for a Marriott travel package.

Net for our two cards will be:

- 7 nights at the JW Marriott Beijing
- 132,000 UA miles
- $1,200 in travel reimbursements (2014 & 2015) minus $790 annual fees or net of $410
- Plus the leftover 14,000 points, Club level upgrades, etc.

Done this way, this card is the best signup bonus currently available in my opinion. At 66,000 UA miles per application it is the best way to get airline miles currently; significantly better than the signup bonus for the UA card and you get the 7 night hotel stay to boot.

Assuming we can save around $200 per night for the hotel stay and assuming a valuation on UA miles at around 1.5 cpm and a valuation of 0.5 cpp for the remaining Ritz points, I value this signup bonus at $$3,860 for the 2 cards or $1,930 per card. If I manage to make use of the club upgrade once or twice, the bonus is closer to $2,000 per card.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.