Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

All Ritz-Carlton Rewards Card offers [Consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 21, 2014, 10:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
Moderator Note: This thread is now archived.

Please continue the discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1745852-ritz-carlton-rewards-card-2016-onward.html

===============================================Bes t public available offer:
Two free nights at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $3k spent. Annual fee of $395 NOT waived. https://www.theritzcarltonrewardscard.com/2CN

$300 Annual Travel Credit
"Make the most of your trip with a $300 annual travel credit to use for baggage fees, Global Entry fees, seat upgrades, access to your preferred airport lounge and more. Simply use your card for these expenses and call us at 1-855-896-2222, and we will refund the charges after your flight."

Actual T&C language, as of 08.22.15:"Only the following types of non-ticket Net Purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight internet/entertainment; in-flight meals; Global Entry fees."

As of 1/2/2015, Credit for these charges are based on TRANSACTION (purchase) date, not posting date. If you made an eligible purchase before the end of the year, even if it doesn't post until the following year, you can still receive credit for the previous year. See post #1268

DO NOT attempt to get all $300 in one transaction. Most CSRs will question what incedential charge would be so high. Instead, get multiple smaller gift cards which line up with fees that airline charges. Make sure that whatever amounts you choose, you have an explanation ready for each. For example, AA overweight baggage fee is $150. $50 is first checked bag for 2 ppl. $75 is in the range of upgrade fees, etc.

Reimbursed:

AA e-Giftcards
Southwest eGiftcards - As of 12/30/14 Chase can distinguish between "incidental" and gift card purchase. YMMV depending on CSR.
Delta Giftcards (YMMV)
$78 AA Award flight taxes reimbursed
$22 BA Award flight taxes reimbursed
~$150 AA award fees, taxes, fuel surcharge reimbursed
$246 AA award fees, booking fee, all reported as upgrading to busn award
United Flight Taxes
Spirit Big Front Seats
Spirit Onboard Food and Drinks
DL Ticket Change fee $300
$210 DL first class up-fare
$300 of a $525 AA Admirals Club annual membership
$50 DL Transfer miles fee (2k miles plus $30 fee)
~$160 SQ award fees (circa 2014)
$70 upgraded seats on AA
$34 US award fees
$34 BA Award fees
$90 oneway ticket on AA (paid additional $90 with AA e-gc from last year)
$84.50 x 2 AA award fees
$150 B6 change fees er...umm..."seat upgrades"
$75 UA gift registry (no longer works as of Summer 2015)
$49.95 Bags VIP charge. It surprised me that it went since it comes up as BagsVIP and not an airline. I told the CSR it was AA's partner for baggage delivery and that I was (honestly) unsure if it would work.
UA Gift Registry $150 (one worked, one didn't) -- no longer works as of Summer 2015
$274 BA seat selection for 2 J class seats, LAX-LHR (Jan 2016)

Not Reimbursed:
$315 Avianca ticket charge
United giftcards
$150 AA award redeposit fee (YMMV)
UA Gift Registry $150 (one worked, one didn't)

The deal for 140K points is dead. Chase has replaced it with a complimentary night stay at any Tier 1-4 Ritz-Carlton hotel after spending $2,000 in the first 3 months, available here. As of February 12, 2015, there IS A BETTER known public offer (see below).

The 70K offer is long gone.

[EXPIRED] Active link found on blog 12/16 for 140K offer: https://www.theritzcarltonrewardscard.com/offer140k
Many have applied through this link only to find the application was assigned to a different promo for 2 free nights instead of points. Calling JP Morgan Chase CS has indicated they are aware of this issue and CSRs are expecting the 140k points to be honored but no one in this situation has actually received the 140k points as of Dec 28, 2014.

[EXPIRED] As reported by ghitt87: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22807838-post16.html
Call 1-888-846-7004 to apply.
Mention these RSVP:
F5BP - 140k points after 2k spend in 3 months. Annual fee of $395 not waived first year. - DEAD 9/25
F53K - 70k points, $395 waived first year.

I wasn't targeted, but called and used the RSVP code (5/2). Just act like you got it in the mail.
See also post #483 and following: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23230523-post483.html
Print Wikipost

All Ritz-Carlton Rewards Card offers [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2012, 8:20 am

Applied 6 days ago using the link posted above. Also have a Presidential Plus card that I have had for a couple years as well as some other Chase card that I never use. Never had a Marriott card. Also, not a RC residence owner.

After applying, got the message that my application needed further review, and I should receive a response within 30 days.

Noticed on my RC rewards page yesterday that my status changed to Gold and also saw the card profile jump up on Chase.com.

Will post again if and when I receive the 70k bonus, as well as confirmation as to whether or not the first year fee is waived. Of course, it says it may take the typical 6-8 weeks to post after my first purchase using the card, so we shall see. Hopefully worst case scenario is I get bumped down to the regular 50k point offer without having the fee waived. In that case, I'm just going dump my Amex Plat and save $55. Don't really use that card to its full potential.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 9:06 am

I am newbie, so bare with me.

If apply and get approved, would I be considered gold for marriott rewards? And have those benefits?
Old Jun 21, 2012, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by kelly0726
I am newbie, so bare with me.

If apply and get approved, would I be considered gold for marriott rewards? And have those benefits?
Yup, that's the case with me. I never had status with marriott or ritz, now both ritz and marriott websites state gold status.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 10:16 am

Programs: UA 1K, US LT Silver, AA Plat, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by NttDocomo
just wonder any words from anyone who have got the Marriott Visa already and still able to receive bonus with this card? Thanks very much
Probably too soon since this is a fairly new offer. Anyone who's been approved probably hasn't received their first statement yet, which would show the bonus. I just rolled the dice and applied. I have had the Marriott Premier Visa since it's inception, but don't think I got a bonus because it was an upgrade from the Marriott Signature Visa. I'm Lifetime Platinum with Marriott and have several Chase cards-United, Hyatt, Priority Club, Chase Freedom-so it will be interesting to see how they treat me on this application. I have a feeling they will approve me but want to reallocate some credit lines since I don't use all the cards. I'll let you know......
Old Jun 21, 2012, 11:05 am

So what`s the deal with residence req? In the application, I didn`t see anything about that, only the regular membership # field. Chase says "the computer verifies and links membership account with credit card" when I called backdoor number (I applied yesterday, but was anxious to know as lounge access will be needed soon)
Anybody got waved first year while being just a regular member?
Old Jun 21, 2012, 12:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NttDocomo
just wonder any words from anyone who have got the Marriott Visa already and still able to receive bonus with this card? Thanks very much
See 2 posts back.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 3:53 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanuim/Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Can I put my Marriott number in the application where it asks for Ritz Carlton number?
Old Jun 21, 2012, 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by holocker
Can I put my Marriott number in the application where it asks for Ritz Carlton number?
Yes, this is the number for both programs.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 10:10 pm

Programs: AA, BA, UA, Spirit, Delta, PC Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by romadaro
Probably too soon since this is a fairly new offer. Anyone who's been approved probably hasn't received their first statement yet, which would show the bonus. I just rolled the dice and applied. I have had the Marriott Premier Visa since it's inception, but don't think I got a bonus because it was an upgrade from the Marriott Signature Visa. I'm Lifetime Platinum with Marriott and have several Chase cards-United, Hyatt, Priority Club, Chase Freedom-so it will be interesting to see how they treat me on this application. I have a feeling they will approve me but want to reallocate some credit lines since I don't use all the cards. I'll let you know......
Obviously, if one with a previous Marriott account who has gotten the bonus before gets approved for Ritz they could call and verify that they will receive the bonus. You don't need to wait for the statement. I always do that and don't see any downside.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 7:22 am

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Wow, nicest presentation of a credit card I have ever seen. Typical of Ritz Carlton. Very elegant black card. They are very efficient too. Checked my account and was showing as a Gold before I even received the card. Same thing for my Marriott account. Showing Gold immediately.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mnscout
Obviously, if one with a previous Marriott account who has gotten the bonus before gets approved for Ritz they could call and verify that they will receive the bonus. You don't need to wait for the statement. I always do that and don't see any downside.
The only issue is, with Chase, even the front end CSR confirms the offer (which all s/he can see is what your application is attached to.), does not always mean you would receive it if you have the same bonus before. Chase can still deny you the bonus and send you a letter to inform you why is so, in no vague terms.

Until someone who has MR bonus before actually receive the bonus from this card, we would not know the real answer. Of course it means someone is willing to be the guinea pig to go first and report back the result... I am tempted but I just got the UA card less than 2 months ago... I also want the BA card which has proven result for previous cardholder - i.e. a sure shot versus still a crap shoot on this one... I would patiently wait and continue to monitor this thread for any useful data point.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cruisr
Wow, nicest presentation of a credit card I have ever seen. Typical of Ritz Carlton. Very elegant black card. They are very efficient too. Checked my account and was showing as a Gold before I even received the card. Same thing for my Marriott account. Showing Gold immediately.
Have you received MR bonus before? If so, please do report back if you receive bonus on this card. Thanks!
Old Jun 22, 2012, 1:07 pm

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by cruisr
Got mine today. Very posh. Too bad I;ll be using it 1 time only to buy myself a coke.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
After weighing the R-C (70K pts) vs the Fairmont card (two free nights + two lounge visits) we decided on the Fairmont. The Fairmont gives us two nights at the beautiful Fairmont Kai Lani in Maui & the RC card only gives us one night in Maui R-C (50K pts/night). I would like both but Chase is stingy with me.

Link: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/fairm...ture-card.html

Last edited by philemer; Jun 22, 2012 at 2:42 pm
Old Jun 22, 2012, 3:46 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Happy
Have you received MR bonus before? If so, please do report back if you receive bonus on this card. Thanks!
yes I would like to know too. I saw people got the 50k bonus version of this card even already have a Marriott card but don't know about this new version of the card.

Also I keep hearing experience with getting the bonus status posted with both the Marriott and RC account, now I wonder if the application is submitted without the Marriott account #, then wouldn't those points be under a totally new RC account and won't get associated with the old Marriott account hopefully allowing the RC sign-up bonus even after receiving the Marriott sign-up bonus? Just a though, any comment? Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.