Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

All Ritz-Carlton Rewards Card offers [Consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 21, 2014, 10:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
Moderator Note: This thread is now archived.

Please continue the discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1745852-ritz-carlton-rewards-card-2016-onward.html

===============================================Bes t public available offer:
Two free nights at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $3k spent. Annual fee of $395 NOT waived. https://www.theritzcarltonrewardscard.com/2CN

$300 Annual Travel Credit
"Make the most of your trip with a $300 annual travel credit to use for baggage fees, Global Entry fees, seat upgrades, access to your preferred airport lounge and more. Simply use your card for these expenses and call us at 1-855-896-2222, and we will refund the charges after your flight."

Actual T&C language, as of 08.22.15:"Only the following types of non-ticket Net Purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight internet/entertainment; in-flight meals; Global Entry fees."

As of 1/2/2015, Credit for these charges are based on TRANSACTION (purchase) date, not posting date. If you made an eligible purchase before the end of the year, even if it doesn't post until the following year, you can still receive credit for the previous year. See post #1268

DO NOT attempt to get all $300 in one transaction. Most CSRs will question what incedential charge would be so high. Instead, get multiple smaller gift cards which line up with fees that airline charges. Make sure that whatever amounts you choose, you have an explanation ready for each. For example, AA overweight baggage fee is $150. $50 is first checked bag for 2 ppl. $75 is in the range of upgrade fees, etc.

Reimbursed:

AA e-Giftcards
Southwest eGiftcards - As of 12/30/14 Chase can distinguish between "incidental" and gift card purchase. YMMV depending on CSR.
Delta Giftcards (YMMV)
$78 AA Award flight taxes reimbursed
$22 BA Award flight taxes reimbursed
~$150 AA award fees, taxes, fuel surcharge reimbursed
$246 AA award fees, booking fee, all reported as upgrading to busn award
United Flight Taxes
Spirit Big Front Seats
Spirit Onboard Food and Drinks
DL Ticket Change fee $300
$210 DL first class up-fare
$300 of a $525 AA Admirals Club annual membership
$50 DL Transfer miles fee (2k miles plus $30 fee)
~$160 SQ award fees (circa 2014)
$70 upgraded seats on AA
$34 US award fees
$34 BA Award fees
$90 oneway ticket on AA (paid additional $90 with AA e-gc from last year)
$84.50 x 2 AA award fees
$150 B6 change fees er...umm..."seat upgrades"
$75 UA gift registry (no longer works as of Summer 2015)
$49.95 Bags VIP charge. It surprised me that it went since it comes up as BagsVIP and not an airline. I told the CSR it was AA's partner for baggage delivery and that I was (honestly) unsure if it would work.
UA Gift Registry $150 (one worked, one didn't) -- no longer works as of Summer 2015
$274 BA seat selection for 2 J class seats, LAX-LHR (Jan 2016)

Not Reimbursed:
$315 Avianca ticket charge
United giftcards
$150 AA award redeposit fee (YMMV)
UA Gift Registry $150 (one worked, one didn't)

The deal for 140K points is dead. Chase has replaced it with a complimentary night stay at any Tier 1-4 Ritz-Carlton hotel after spending $2,000 in the first 3 months, available here. As of February 12, 2015, there IS A BETTER known public offer (see below).

The 70K offer is long gone.

[EXPIRED] Active link found on blog 12/16 for 140K offer: https://www.theritzcarltonrewardscard.com/offer140k
Many have applied through this link only to find the application was assigned to a different promo for 2 free nights instead of points. Calling JP Morgan Chase CS has indicated they are aware of this issue and CSRs are expecting the 140k points to be honored but no one in this situation has actually received the 140k points as of Dec 28, 2014.

[EXPIRED] As reported by ghitt87: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22807838-post16.html
Call 1-888-846-7004 to apply.
Mention these RSVP:
F5BP - 140k points after 2k spend in 3 months. Annual fee of $395 not waived first year. - DEAD 9/25
F53K - 70k points, $395 waived first year.

I wasn't targeted, but called and used the RSVP code (5/2). Just act like you got it in the mail.
See also post #483 and following: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23230523-post483.html
Print Wikipost

All Ritz-Carlton Rewards Card offers [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2014, 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by FederalFlyer
Does anyone know if primary user (or authorized user) must be staying in order to get the club upgrade? In other words, can I book someone else using this card and get them the club upgrade?
I'm pretty sure the answer is yes - they asked to see my card.

Benefit is definitely per calendar year.

Last edited by mia; Jan 3, 2014 at 11:54 am
Old Jan 3, 2014, 11:08 pm

Originally Posted by Ted King
I'm pretty sure the answer is yes - they asked to see my card.

Benefit is definitely per calendar year.
I don't think he was asking about the lounge club which has a separate card and you must be there, though it makes it free for you and a guest. I think he is asking about a upgrade on a Ritz room since the card comes with 3 certs...Im unsure, but if you are booking it for them and apply the cert at booking, I Don't see why not.

I used $200 on Southwest giftcard, since I know my wife will be getting the companion pass this year. no problem getting credit. I will probably order another as soon as she actually gets the pass.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 10:44 am

My card set off the metal detector yesterday at the airport. With TSA Pre, you can keep your wallet in your pocket, but this little beauty will slow you down if you don't put it on the belt.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 10:59 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by lkar
My card set off the metal detector yesterday at the airport. With TSA Pre, you can keep your wallet in your pocket, but this little beauty will slow you down if you don't put it on the belt.
1st world problems.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by austin_modern
1st world problems.
What an overused and silly expression that's turning out to be. I hope it goes the way of the dodo bird soon.

Anyway, Flyertalk is a web site devoted pretty much entirely to "first world problems" -- unless you think a minor tip about how to avoid a TSA pat down is somehow less valuable than someone posting about missing out on a precious 1,000 e-rewards points.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 1:06 pm
Used to be 'captainjeffrey'

Data point on 200$ credit - it's hit or miss. In December I used $170 worth on taxes/fees on a United award ticket. I ate up the $30 remainder with a United gift card. As I understand it, neither should qualify.

This year, I bought a $200 gift card outright. The charge apparently didn't come up as a "fee", so they declared they'd contact United to verify. I said I would find the receipt instead, but they indeed went back to my account and notated the fee as being based on an "e-gift," so no HUCB.

No worries on finding $200 in airline charges in the next 11 months, but gift cards (at least larger ones) are no panacea.

Blast!
-Jeff
Old Mar 23, 2014, 2:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
I have a Marriott Rewards card (recently opened) and I would like to apply to the Ritz-Carlton Club as I have an upcoming stay at a Ritz-Carlton coming. The club upgrades are something really valuable that I'd like to use. Question: would I be able to apply and receive the bonus if I have a Marriott Card already open?

thanks!

Also,
Would the club upgrades be applicable to a reservation made with points?

Last edited by philemer; Mar 24, 2014 at 9:26 am
Old Mar 24, 2014, 7:57 am

I was able to get both bonuses but that was over a year ago, things may have changed but it's not likely. Secondly, club upgrades only apply to paid reservations and they are capacity controlled, meaning it isn't automatic.
Old Mar 24, 2014, 2:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by tys90
I was able to get both bonuses but that was over a year ago, things may have changed but it's not likely. Secondly, club upgrades only apply to paid reservations and they are capacity controlled, meaning it isn't automatic.
But if the regular rate and club-level rooms are available, there should be no issue, right? I have two weekends in mind for the RC Grand Cayman, one of which is the weekend AFTER Memorial Day... Hopefully one of the two will work?
Old May 25, 2014, 5:09 pm

The promotion still works

This is my first post. But it said "Expired", so that's why I felt like I should post this info for those wanting to get this card.

After reading a lot of threads on flyer talk about Marriott, I came across a post on flyertalk which card gives me instant Gold status at Marriott. I decided to apply for this Ritz Carlton card. But the fee was too much. So I googled to find a code for annual fee waiver. I found that code on another flyertalk thread.

(On someone's blog I saw that they called in to apply but he was being honest that he didn't get an invitation but had the code so they didn't let him apply. He would have almost had a chance to apply if he didn't tell them the rest of the story. )

Anyway, found a code. The link was showing the annual fee was not waived. So I called the number instead, said I got an invitation via mail. Gave them the code F53K (if I remember correctly). I got approved!

I read this thread more and was worried that my application will get reversed because of the RC owner status but then saw more people getting approved. But I got my card rushed to me within a few days. So I am happy after I applied, credits of the 3 upgrades and gold status were applied to my account after 24 hours or so. I am happy.

I think it's better to call. The code F53k =70k points and $395 fee waived.

Hope this helps someone who still wants this card.
Old May 26, 2014, 9:42 pm

Programs: UA, VX, QF, EY, VA
Originally Posted by Sara Lee
This is my first post. But it said "Expired", so that's why I felt like I should post this info for those wanting to get this card.

After reading a lot of threads on flyer talk about Marriott, I came across a post on flyertalk which card gives me instant Gold status at Marriott. I decided to apply for this Ritz Carlton card. But the fee was too much. So I googled to find a code for annual fee waiver. I found that code on another flyertalk thread.

(On someone's blog I saw that they called in to apply but he was being honest that he didn't get an invitation but had the code so they didn't let him apply. He would have almost had a chance to apply if he didn't tell them the rest of the story. )

Anyway, found a code. The link was showing the annual fee was not waived. So I called the number instead, said I got an invitation via mail. Gave them the code F53K (if I remember correctly). I got approved!

I read this thread more and was worried that my application will get reversed because of the RC owner status but then saw more people getting approved. But I got my card rushed to me within a few days. So I am happy after I applied, credits of the 3 upgrades and gold status were applied to my account after 24 hours or so. I am happy.

I think it's better to call. The code F53k =70k points and $395 fee waived.

Hope this helps someone who still wants this card.
You don't need to be a RC owner to get this offer.

There's currently an offer that gives the 70k + $300 incidentals + $200 RC gift card and has the AF waived first year that was sent out to RC Rewards members.
Old May 27, 2014, 1:27 pm

Timing of Marriott and rc apps

I applied for Marriott summer of 2011 and Rc last week. I called for the free annual fee version. Will be buying AA GIFT Cards, seems to work from other FT'ers
Old May 31, 2014, 2:45 pm

Programs: WN CP & A-List, National ES
Originally Posted by patrick.barnes
You don't need to be a RC owner to get this offer.

There's currently an offer that gives the 70k + $300 incidentals + $200 RC gift card and has the AF waived first year that was sent out to RC Rewards members.
Can you please share the link or offer code. This seems like the best deal by far.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 1:22 am

Programs: UA, VX, QF, EY, VA
Originally Posted by kpott
Can you please share the link or offer code. This seems like the best deal by far.
Unfortunately this looked to be very targeted as there is no offer code, and the invitation code has my details hard coded into the form.

The invite did come in a very nice envelope. We had stayed at RC's a fair bit recently.

Apologies for getting people excited.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by patrick.barnes
Unfortunately this looked to be very targeted as there is no offer code, and the invitation code has my details hard coded into the form.

The invite did come in a very nice envelope. We had stayed at RC's a fair bit recently.

Apologies for getting people excited.
One of my colleages got this offer and the invitation code only worked for him. Interestingly, I stay at a lot of RC and Marriott properties, and he doesn't. I've had the MR card and he doesn't, so maybe you only get the RC offer if you don't already have a MR card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.