FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chase | Ultimate Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards-722/)
-   -   All Ritz-Carlton Rewards Card offers [Consolidated] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1356263-all-ritz-carlton-rewards-card-offers-consolidated.html)

5DMarkIIguy Jun 13, 2012 10:05 am

All Ritz-Carlton Rewards Card offers [Consolidated]

Moderator Note: For current application process, see the wiki at the top of this thread. The link discussed in this post is no longer active for the 70k offer.

Link

0 introductory fee
70k points after first purchase

Earn Exceptional Rewards
• Earn 5 Ritz-Carlton Rewards points per $1 spent at The Ritz-Carlton hotels. *
• Earn 2 Ritz-Carlton Rewards points per $1 spent on airline tickets purchased directly with the airline, and at car rental
agencies and restaurants. *
• Earn 1 Ritz-Carlton Rewards point per $1 spent on all other card purchases. *
Enjoy Special Hotel Privileges
• Upgrade to The Ritz-Carlton ClubŪ Level three times annually on stays of up to seven nights, subject to availability
at time of reservation. Advanced reservations and e-certificate are required. *
• Automatic Gold Elite status* in The Ritz-Carlton Rewards program your first year.
• Extra Hotel Experience with each two-night stay or longer at a Ritz-Carlton hotel. Celebrate with a $100 Hotel Credit to
be used toward your choice of dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities when reserving this offer. *
Experience Travel Benefits and Services
• Complimentary airport lounge access*
• $200 annual credit for airline incidentals*
• Premier Concierge Service and more*

Credit to Fatwallet.

pcharles Jun 13, 2012 10:09 am

Better than the 50K they were offering. ^

travelmi Jun 13, 2012 10:16 am

When I click the link provided, It states:

"For a limited time, experience the card with our compliments for your first year as a Ritz-Carlton ResidencesŪ Owner. "

Do you have to be a Ritz-Carlton ResidencesŪ Owner for the offer to apply? Anyone has experience as non-Ritz-Carlton ResidencesŪ Owner?

Thanks!

mikeef Jun 13, 2012 10:26 am

Also, what kind of airport lounge access do you get? Is it one of those Priority Passes where you have to pay for more than one person?

Mike

cyin Jun 13, 2012 10:28 am

Originally Posted by travelmi (Post 18749633)

"For a limited time, experience the card with our compliments for your first year as a Ritz-Carlton ResidencesŪ Owner. "

Do you have to be a Ritz-Carlton ResidencesŪ Owner for the offer to apply? Anyone has experience as non-Ritz-Carlton ResidencesŪ Owner?

Thanks!

Was thinking about this card too, until I saw this post. I dug further into the T&C's and noticed: "Previous and existing Ritz-Carlton or Marriott RewardsŪ Credit Card cardmembers/accounts are not eligible for this bonus offer"

Looks like if you already have a Marriott Credit Card, you won't get the bonus on this one. Bummer.

Long Islander Jun 13, 2012 10:33 am

I'm not surprised that they had to sweeten the original deal. When the card first came out, I thought about it but the high annual fee and the limited benefits kept me away. At least with 70k points and 1st year fee waived, I might consider it.

travelmi Jun 13, 2012 10:34 am

Originally Posted by mikeef (Post 18749698)
Also, what kind of airport lounge access do you get? Is it one of those Priority Passes where you have to pay for more than one person?

Mike

Here is the list of the club. https://www.loungeclub.com/en/
When I called them, they acturally said that you do not have to pay for guests. I found that it is hard to believe that there is unlimited guests, but one or two should be fine. I never brought guests in though. So double check on this

cfuss Jun 13, 2012 11:05 am

Originally Posted by cyin (Post 18749717)
Was thinking about this card too, until I saw this post. I dug further into the T&C's and noticed: "Previous and existing Ritz-Carlton or Marriott RewardsŪ Credit Card cardmembers/accounts are not eligible for this bonus offer"

Looks like if you already have a Marriott Credit Card, you won't get the bonus on this one. Bummer.

I was thinking about getting the 70k marriott card.. Yall think i can get both on the same day?

5DMarkIIguy Jun 13, 2012 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by cyin (Post 18749717)

Not necessary. From the original RC thread, people who have the Marriott card got the bonus, too. Same T&C.

5DMarkIIguy Jun 13, 2012 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by Long Islander (Post 18749741)
I'm not surprised that they had to sweeten the original deal. When the card first came out, I thought about it but the high annual fee and the limited benefits kept me away. At least with 70k points and 1st year fee waived, I might consider it.

And the $200 airline credit to use on random things, including award ticket fee or whatever people are getting in the RC thread.

dabaobao Jun 13, 2012 8:36 pm

boo, for not valid for marriot credit card

MrHalliday Jun 13, 2012 8:44 pm

This looked interesting at first, but seeing that it is a Chase card,
I think I will wait and hopefully find another 50K+ UR someday.

I noticed the application now asks if you have EVER been denied by Chase;
I think it used to ask if within the last 3 months.
Yet I think some have reported answering
that question Yes, and they were approved.

traveling_newbie Jun 13, 2012 8:48 pm

I should have waited for this offer...I got the Marriott card. The airport lounge benefit would have been awesome for me

mnscout Jun 14, 2012 12:59 am

God, Chase again! Certainly would grab it otherwise without even thinking twice! Great find, OP.

Thunderroad Jun 14, 2012 1:19 am

Originally Posted by travelmi (Post 18749633)

Thanks!

I'm curious about this also. The link page seems to pretty indicate that the offer is just for owners of R-C Residences, though the application doesn't ask for any R-C-specific info beyond R-C Rewards #.