Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

All Ritz-Carlton Rewards Card offers [Consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 21, 2014, 10:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
Moderator Note: This thread is now archived.

Please continue the discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1745852-ritz-carlton-rewards-card-2016-onward.html

===============================================Bes t public available offer:
Two free nights at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $3k spent. Annual fee of $395 NOT waived. https://www.theritzcarltonrewardscard.com/2CN

$300 Annual Travel Credit
"Make the most of your trip with a $300 annual travel credit to use for baggage fees, Global Entry fees, seat upgrades, access to your preferred airport lounge and more. Simply use your card for these expenses and call us at 1-855-896-2222, and we will refund the charges after your flight."

Actual T&C language, as of 08.22.15:"Only the following types of non-ticket Net Purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight internet/entertainment; in-flight meals; Global Entry fees."

As of 1/2/2015, Credit for these charges are based on TRANSACTION (purchase) date, not posting date. If you made an eligible purchase before the end of the year, even if it doesn't post until the following year, you can still receive credit for the previous year. See post #1268

DO NOT attempt to get all $300 in one transaction. Most CSRs will question what incedential charge would be so high. Instead, get multiple smaller gift cards which line up with fees that airline charges. Make sure that whatever amounts you choose, you have an explanation ready for each. For example, AA overweight baggage fee is $150. $50 is first checked bag for 2 ppl. $75 is in the range of upgrade fees, etc.

Reimbursed:

AA e-Giftcards
Southwest eGiftcards - As of 12/30/14 Chase can distinguish between "incidental" and gift card purchase. YMMV depending on CSR.
Delta Giftcards (YMMV)
$78 AA Award flight taxes reimbursed
$22 BA Award flight taxes reimbursed
~$150 AA award fees, taxes, fuel surcharge reimbursed
$246 AA award fees, booking fee, all reported as upgrading to busn award
United Flight Taxes
Spirit Big Front Seats
Spirit Onboard Food and Drinks
DL Ticket Change fee $300
$210 DL first class up-fare
$300 of a $525 AA Admirals Club annual membership
$50 DL Transfer miles fee (2k miles plus $30 fee)
~$160 SQ award fees (circa 2014)
$70 upgraded seats on AA
$34 US award fees
$34 BA Award fees
$90 oneway ticket on AA (paid additional $90 with AA e-gc from last year)
$84.50 x 2 AA award fees
$150 B6 change fees er...umm..."seat upgrades"
$75 UA gift registry (no longer works as of Summer 2015)
$49.95 Bags VIP charge. It surprised me that it went since it comes up as BagsVIP and not an airline. I told the CSR it was AA's partner for baggage delivery and that I was (honestly) unsure if it would work.
UA Gift Registry $150 (one worked, one didn't) -- no longer works as of Summer 2015
$274 BA seat selection for 2 J class seats, LAX-LHR (Jan 2016)

Not Reimbursed:
$315 Avianca ticket charge
United giftcards
$150 AA award redeposit fee (YMMV)
UA Gift Registry $150 (one worked, one didn't)

The deal for 140K points is dead. Chase has replaced it with a complimentary night stay at any Tier 1-4 Ritz-Carlton hotel after spending $2,000 in the first 3 months, available here. As of February 12, 2015, there IS A BETTER known public offer (see below).

The 70K offer is long gone.

[EXPIRED] Active link found on blog 12/16 for 140K offer: https://www.theritzcarltonrewardscard.com/offer140k
Many have applied through this link only to find the application was assigned to a different promo for 2 free nights instead of points. Calling JP Morgan Chase CS has indicated they are aware of this issue and CSRs are expecting the 140k points to be honored but no one in this situation has actually received the 140k points as of Dec 28, 2014.

[EXPIRED] As reported by ghitt87: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22807838-post16.html
Call 1-888-846-7004 to apply.
Mention these RSVP:
F5BP - 140k points after 2k spend in 3 months. Annual fee of $395 not waived first year. - DEAD 9/25
F53K - 70k points, $395 waived first year.

I wasn't targeted, but called and used the RSVP code (5/2). Just act like you got it in the mail.
See also post #483 and following: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23230523-post483.html
Print Wikipost

All Ritz-Carlton Rewards Card offers [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2012, 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by saacman5033
I think this is a case of YMMV. I applied about a week after romadero applied but before he reported being denied for not being a RC residence owner. My card showed up last week without a hitch and indeed shows as being fee free the first year.
Interesting. I will apply myself within few days and report back!
Old Jul 9, 2012, 9:56 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by Happy
I believe either in this thread or some other threads about the Priority Club lounge access - that enough people reported that they had to sign slips for bringing in guests. In the cases where the guest number exceeded the allowed number, they received a charge on their cards weeks later. So, without "Source", just by reading various threads, there are empirical data points to indicate that the clubs do have the ability to bill you back, albeit may not be directly - but the charge does show up on your related card.
I think you and others are assuming that the RC Lounge Club arrangement is the same as other lounge cards. I don't believe it is.

Yes, you sign a slip when you enter, but that is only for LC accounting. There is no way to incur a charge with RC LC since there is no entrance fee or guest fee (all guests are free up to the lounge limit) so LC does not have a need for CC info.

I can find no mention in either the RC or LC terms indicating that one's CC is shared with LC.
Old Jul 10, 2012, 12:14 pm

Programs: WN A-list & CP, Delta GM
When RC Visa had Priority Pass Select before switching to Lounge Club, only one guest was free.

Now things may be different. But since it is not spelled out clearly on any of the materials (even though I was told by a LC rep over the phone), I was just suggesting watching out for unexpected charges.

Originally Posted by dayone
I think you and others are assuming that the RC Lounge Club arrangement is the same as other lounge cards. I don't believe it is.

Yes, you sign a slip when you enter, but that is only for LC accounting. There is no way to incur a charge with RC LC since there is no entrance fee or guest fee (all guests are free up to the lounge limit) so LC does not have a need for CC info.

I can find no mention in either the RC or LC terms indicating that one's CC is shared with LC.
Old Jul 10, 2012, 1:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K, US LT Silver, AA Plat, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by saacman5033
I think this is a case of YMMV. I applied about a week after romadero applied but before he reported being denied for not being a RC residence owner. My card showed up last week without a hitch and indeed shows as being fee free the first year.
Ironically, my wife applied last week and was APPROVED so I called the recon line at Chase to ask what the deal was because my wife isn't a RC owner (unless she's holding out on me!) Anyway, the rep looked at it and said that there had been some discussion about rejecting applications of non RC owners but then they decided not to. He said that my app must've been submitted around that time and got caught in the web. He apologized and approved my card with a $20K limit and told me that I should have the card in about a week. Reluctantly, I asked him about the bonus and he said that was under review, as well, and he wasn't sure what the final decision was but last he heard the card would be fee free for the first year but no points if you'd previously received a bonus for another Marriott or Ritz card. He told me not to hold him to that, however, and to enjoy them if I got them! So, the bottom line is that I guess we will all have to wait and see.....
Old Jul 12, 2012, 7:48 am

Some data points. Before applying I had 5 chase personal cards (including marriott) and 1 chase business. Last chase card was opened around 60 days ago. I applied last week and got "application under review" page. On thursday, card was showing up on chase page and they cancelled my marriott card and moved that credit over to the ritz-carlton card. Card was overnighted and delivered Friday. This week, I got email saying that I would receive 70,000 points upon first purchase.
Old Jul 12, 2012, 10:35 am

tpg reports on a public 70k offer which does not waive the first year fee and requires $2k spend in the first three months. i wonder if this is chase's response to the amount of non RC owner interest?
Old Jul 12, 2012, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cjpat44
Some data points. Before applying I had 5 chase personal cards (including marriott) and 1 chase business. Last chase card was opened around 60 days ago. I applied last week and got "application under review" page. On thursday, card was showing up on chase page and they cancelled my marriott card and moved that credit over to the ritz-carlton card. Card was overnighted and delivered Friday. This week, I got email saying that I would receive 70,000 points upon first purchase.
Please do report back if you actually get the 70K bonus points.

The welcome email is standard for anyone who gets this card.

It remains to be seen if one has Marriott bonus recently would still get the bonus from the RC card.
Old Jul 13, 2012, 2:04 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat
Hi I have just applied for this card and got approved through the reconsideration line. I asked the representative and she confirmed that I got the 70k bonus but cannot confirm that the yearly fee is waived. I have seen different posts about the fee not being waived for non-Riz residence and I am not one, is it likely that Chase found out and charge everyone the yearly fee while still giving the 70k bonus. Just wonder anyone has experienced the same? Thanks
Old Jul 13, 2012, 2:04 am

Programs: AA, BA, UA, Spirit, Delta, PC Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Gold
Wait a second, the canceled your Marriott without you asking them first?
Old Jul 13, 2012, 5:42 am

Originally Posted by mnscout
Yes, I thought it odd too. Before, Chase has called me (I don't always call the reconsideration line right away) and asked to move credit around. This time, however, they didn't call and just cancelled the card, moving the full credit line over. It was a 20k credit line, so they could have split if they wanted to. The Marriott card was the card I used least, so perhaps that is why they chose it.
Old Jul 13, 2012, 7:30 am

Programs: hilton gold,hyatt
Yes, I thought it odd too. Before, Chase has called me (I don't always call the reconsideration line right away) and asked to move credit around. This time, however, they didn't call and just cancelled the card, moving the full credit line over. It was a 20k credit line, so they could have split if they wanted to. The Marriott card was the card I used least, so perhaps that is why they chose it.
even when i applied 80k priority visa card the first card they wanted to cancel was marriot even though i had chase sapphire,hyatt and fairmont
Old Jul 13, 2012, 1:25 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, United Silver, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by mnscout
Ooh, not good. I was starting to get tempted, but that would be a problem. My Marriott Black (Premier) card is one of my older card accounts, and I do take advantage of the free night e-certificate each year. The Marriott card is one of my "keepers."

Would appreciate reports from others who have an existing Marriott credit card and also apply for the Ritz-Carlton card. What did Chase do about your Marriott card?
Old Jul 13, 2012, 3:42 pm

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Are Ritz-Carlton points and Marriott points the same - coming from the same pool? I noticed my Marriott number signs into RC.

Simpler question: If I have a Marriott account and apply for this credit card: will I get marriott points? (since you can't have both a ritz and marriott account). Im sure this was covered prior, but I can't find it in the search.

Last edited by austin_modern; Jul 13, 2012 at 3:48 pm
Old Jul 13, 2012, 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by austin_modern
Are Ritz-Carlton points and Marriott points the same - coming from the same pool? I noticed my Marriott number signs into RC.

Simpler question: If I have a Marriott account and apply for this credit card: will I get marriott points? (since you can't have both a ritz and marriott account). Im sure this was covered prior, but I can't find it in the search.
You will get "Ritz Carlton points", but you can redeem those points at a Marriott hotel.
Old Jul 13, 2012, 6:08 pm

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by crimson12
You will get "Ritz Carlton points", but you can redeem those points at a Marriott hotel.
so one would have both ritz carlton points and marriott points under the marriott account? (since you're only allowed to have one.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.