Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Sign in using an external account

Hide Wikipost
Old Jul 21, 14, 9:54 pm   -   Wikipost
FlyerTalk Forums Thread Wiki: [Active Again] 70000 points for The Ritz-Carlton Rewards Credit Card, first year free
Please read: this is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread.

Last edit by: MDtR-Chicago
Numerous reports that the signup offer of 70k with first year annual fee waived is available by phone.

See post #483: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23230523-post483.html

Print Wikipost

Old Jun 13, 12, 10:05 am   #1

[Active Again] 70000 points for The Ritz-Carlton Rewards Credit Card, first year free

Moderator Note: For current application process, see the wiki at the top of this thread. The link discussed in this post is no longer active for the 70k offer.

Link

0 introductory fee
70k points after first purchase

Earn Exceptional Rewards
• Earn 5 Ritz-Carlton Rewards points per $1 spent at The Ritz-Carlton hotels. *
• Earn 2 Ritz-Carlton Rewards points per $1 spent on airline tickets purchased directly with the airline, and at car rental
agencies and restaurants. *
• Earn 1 Ritz-Carlton Rewards point per $1 spent on all other card purchases. *
Enjoy Special Hotel Privileges
• Upgrade to The Ritz-Carlton ClubŪ Level three times annually on stays of up to seven nights, subject to availability
at time of reservation. Advanced reservations and e-certificate are required. *
• Automatic Gold Elite status* in The Ritz-Carlton Rewards program your first year.
• Extra Hotel Experience with each two-night stay or longer at a Ritz-Carlton hotel. Celebrate with a $100 Hotel Credit to
be used toward your choice of dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities when reserving this offer. *
Experience Travel Benefits and Services
• Complimentary airport lounge access*
• $200 annual credit for airline incidentals*
• Premier Concierge Service and more*

Credit to Fatwallet.

Last edited by MDtR-Chicago; Jul 21, 14 at 10:55 pm..
5DMarkIIguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 12, 10:09 am   #2

Programs: many
Better than the 50K they were offering.

Last edited by mia; Jun 13, 12 at 11:14 am.. Reason: Remove quotation
pcharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 12, 10:16 am   #3

Programs: HHonor Diamond, AA Gold, Hyatt Diamond
When I click the link provided, It states:

"For a limited time, experience the card with our compliments for your first year as a Ritz-Carlton ResidencesŪ Owner. "

Do you have to be a Ritz-Carlton ResidencesŪ Owner for the offer to apply? Anyone has experience as non-Ritz-Carlton ResidencesŪ Owner?

Thanks!
travelmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 12, 10:26 am   #4
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Also, what kind of airport lounge access do you get? Is it one of those Priority Passes where you have to pay for more than one person?

Mike
Old Jun 13, 12, 10:28 am   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelmi View Post

"For a limited time, experience the card with our compliments for your first year as a Ritz-Carlton ResidencesŪ Owner. "

Do you have to be a Ritz-Carlton ResidencesŪ Owner for the offer to apply? Anyone has experience as non-Ritz-Carlton ResidencesŪ Owner?

Thanks!
Was thinking about this card too, until I saw this post. I dug further into the T&C's and noticed: "Previous and existing Ritz-Carlton or Marriott RewardsŪ Credit Card cardmembers/accounts are not eligible for this bonus offer"

Looks like if you already have a Marriott Credit Card, you won't get the bonus on this one. Bummer.
cyin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 12, 10:33 am   #6

I'm not surprised that they had to sweeten the original deal. When the card first came out, I thought about it but the high annual fee and the limited benefits kept me away. At least with 70k points and 1st year fee waived, I might consider it.
Long Islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 12, 10:34 am   #7

Programs: HHonor Diamond, AA Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeef View Post
Also, what kind of airport lounge access do you get? Is it one of those Priority Passes where you have to pay for more than one person?

Mike
Here is the list of the club. https://www.loungeclub.com/en/
When I called them, they acturally said that you do not have to pay for guests. I found that it is hard to believe that there is unlimited guests, but one or two should be fine. I never brought guests in though. So double check on this
travelmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 12, 11:05 am   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyin View Post
Was thinking about this card too, until I saw this post. I dug further into the T&C's and noticed: "Previous and existing Ritz-Carlton or Marriott RewardsŪ Credit Card cardmembers/accounts are not eligible for this bonus offer"

Looks like if you already have a Marriott Credit Card, you won't get the bonus on this one. Bummer.
I was thinking about getting the 70k marriott card.. Yall think i can get both on the same day?
cfuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 12, 12:41 pm   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyin View Post

Not necessary. From the original RC thread, people who have the Marriott card got the bonus, too. Same T&C.
Old Jun 13, 12, 12:42 pm   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long Islander View Post
I'm not surprised that they had to sweeten the original deal. When the card first came out, I thought about it but the high annual fee and the limited benefits kept me away. At least with 70k points and 1st year fee waived, I might consider it.
And the $200 airline credit to use on random things, including award ticket fee or whatever people are getting in the RC thread.
Old Jun 13, 12, 8:36 pm   #11

Programs: hyatt
boo, for not valid for marriot credit card
dabaobao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 12, 8:44 pm   #12

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-HH-Carlson
This looked interesting at first, but seeing that it is a Chase card,
I think I will wait and hopefully find another 50K+ UR someday.

I noticed the application now asks if you have EVER been denied by Chase;
I think it used to ask if within the last 3 months.
Yet I think some have reported answering
that question Yes, and they were approved.

Last edited by MrHalliday; Jun 13, 12 at 11:31 pm..
MrHalliday is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 12, 8:48 pm   #13

Programs: United, Hyatt, American Air, US Airways
I should have waited for this offer...I got the Marriott card. The airport lounge benefit would have been awesome for me
ltabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 12, 12:59 am   #14

Programs: AA, BA, UA, US Air, Spirit, Delta, PC Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Gold, and more
God, Chase again! Certainly would grab it otherwise without even thinking twice! Great find, OP.
Old Jun 14, 12, 1:19 am   #15

Programs: UA 1K, AA Exec Plat, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Gold, PC Plat Amb, Fairmont Premier
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelmi View Post

Thanks!
I'm curious about this also. The link page seems to pretty indicate that the offer is just for owners of R-C Residences, though the application doesn't ask for any R-C-specific info beyond R-C Rewards #.

Last edited by Thunderroad; Jun 14, 12 at 1:45 am..
Thunderroad is offline   Reply With Quote