Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

All Ritz-Carlton Rewards Card offers [Consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 21, 2014, 10:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
Moderator Note: This thread is now archived.

Please continue the discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1745852-ritz-carlton-rewards-card-2016-onward.html

===============================================Bes t public available offer:
Two free nights at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $3k spent. Annual fee of $395 NOT waived. https://www.theritzcarltonrewardscard.com/2CN

$300 Annual Travel Credit
"Make the most of your trip with a $300 annual travel credit to use for baggage fees, Global Entry fees, seat upgrades, access to your preferred airport lounge and more. Simply use your card for these expenses and call us at 1-855-896-2222, and we will refund the charges after your flight."

Actual T&C language, as of 08.22.15:"Only the following types of non-ticket Net Purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight internet/entertainment; in-flight meals; Global Entry fees."

As of 1/2/2015, Credit for these charges are based on TRANSACTION (purchase) date, not posting date. If you made an eligible purchase before the end of the year, even if it doesn't post until the following year, you can still receive credit for the previous year. See post #1268

DO NOT attempt to get all $300 in one transaction. Most CSRs will question what incedential charge would be so high. Instead, get multiple smaller gift cards which line up with fees that airline charges. Make sure that whatever amounts you choose, you have an explanation ready for each. For example, AA overweight baggage fee is $150. $50 is first checked bag for 2 ppl. $75 is in the range of upgrade fees, etc.

Reimbursed:

AA e-Giftcards
Southwest eGiftcards - As of 12/30/14 Chase can distinguish between "incidental" and gift card purchase. YMMV depending on CSR.
Delta Giftcards (YMMV)
$78 AA Award flight taxes reimbursed
$22 BA Award flight taxes reimbursed
~$150 AA award fees, taxes, fuel surcharge reimbursed
$246 AA award fees, booking fee, all reported as upgrading to busn award
United Flight Taxes
Spirit Big Front Seats
Spirit Onboard Food and Drinks
DL Ticket Change fee $300
$210 DL first class up-fare
$300 of a $525 AA Admirals Club annual membership
$50 DL Transfer miles fee (2k miles plus $30 fee)
~$160 SQ award fees (circa 2014)
$70 upgraded seats on AA
$34 US award fees
$34 BA Award fees
$90 oneway ticket on AA (paid additional $90 with AA e-gc from last year)
$84.50 x 2 AA award fees
$150 B6 change fees er...umm..."seat upgrades"
$75 UA gift registry (no longer works as of Summer 2015)
$49.95 Bags VIP charge. It surprised me that it went since it comes up as BagsVIP and not an airline. I told the CSR it was AA's partner for baggage delivery and that I was (honestly) unsure if it would work.
UA Gift Registry $150 (one worked, one didn't) -- no longer works as of Summer 2015
$274 BA seat selection for 2 J class seats, LAX-LHR (Jan 2016)

Not Reimbursed:
$315 Avianca ticket charge
United giftcards
$150 AA award redeposit fee (YMMV)
UA Gift Registry $150 (one worked, one didn't)

The deal for 140K points is dead. Chase has replaced it with a complimentary night stay at any Tier 1-4 Ritz-Carlton hotel after spending $2,000 in the first 3 months, available here. As of February 12, 2015, there IS A BETTER known public offer (see below).

The 70K offer is long gone.

[EXPIRED] Active link found on blog 12/16 for 140K offer: https://www.theritzcarltonrewardscard.com/offer140k
Many have applied through this link only to find the application was assigned to a different promo for 2 free nights instead of points. Calling JP Morgan Chase CS has indicated they are aware of this issue and CSRs are expecting the 140k points to be honored but no one in this situation has actually received the 140k points as of Dec 28, 2014.

[EXPIRED] As reported by ghitt87: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22807838-post16.html
Call 1-888-846-7004 to apply.
Mention these RSVP:
F5BP - 140k points after 2k spend in 3 months. Annual fee of $395 not waived first year. - DEAD 9/25
F53K - 70k points, $395 waived first year.

I wasn't targeted, but called and used the RSVP code (5/2). Just act like you got it in the mail.
See also post #483 and following: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23230523-post483.html
Print Wikipost

All Ritz-Carlton Rewards Card offers [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2012, 11:49 am

Anybody got the lounge card? It is supposed to be sent within 4-6 weeks per rep, but I`m wondering if anybody got faster.
My "timeline": 20.06 applied, 21.06 approved, 23.06 status changed to gold (no card shows on chaseonline.come yet)
Old Jun 23, 2012, 4:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kat007
Anybody got the lounge card? It is supposed to be sent within 4-6 weeks per rep, but I`m wondering if anybody got faster.
My "timeline": 20.06 applied, 21.06 approved, 23.06 status changed to gold (no card shows on chaseonline.come yet)
Have you noticed 23.06 is a Saturday?
Old Jun 23, 2012, 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
Have you noticed 23.06 is a Saturday?
Have you noticed I didn`t complained or asked about that?
My question was about the lounge passes.
Old Jun 23, 2012, 6:17 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanuim/Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Do you need to wait and get a special lounge card with this or do you just show the AMEX card. I applied on Thursday- got a call on Friday to confirm income and then move around a crdit limit on another card and was approved and told I woudl receive the card in less than 2 weeks. Have a flight on Delta planned in a couple of weeks and was hoping to use it then for lounge access.
Old Jun 23, 2012, 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by holocker
Do you need to wait and get a special lounge card with this or do you just show the AMEX card. I applied on Thursday- got a call on Friday to confirm income and then move around a crdit limit on another card and was approved and told I woudl receive the card in less than 2 weeks. Have a flight on Delta planned in a couple of weeks and was hoping to use it then for lounge access.
Yes, you have to have a separate lounge card, I called Ritz card and a rep told me that. And she said they could not expedite the delivery. I will call that lounge program shortly to ask them if they could do it for me though, have a trip planned as well.
P.S. this is not AmEx card
Old Jun 23, 2012, 11:39 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, Continental, Emirates, BA, Virgin Atlantic, US Airways
Most people here have been asking the question on whether they can still receive the points if they have already received the bonus on a Marriott card - my question is if anyone knows the reverse can work. Apply for this card, get the RC bonus and then apply for Marriot Card and get that bonus?

Is that workable? I don't see anything stopping someone getting Marriot bonus from the Marriot 50K (or 70K) T&C - what do you think?

Anyone tried doing a two browser trick on these two cards?
Old Jun 24, 2012, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by floyd777
Most people here have been asking the question on whether they can still receive the points if they have already received the bonus on a Marriott card - my question is if anyone knows the reverse can work. Apply for this card, get the RC bonus and then apply for Marriot Card and get that bonus?

Is that workable? I don't see anything stopping someone getting Marriot bonus from the Marriot 50K (or 70K) T&C - what do you think?

Anyone tried doing a two browser trick on these two cards?
I don't think either scenario should be a problem. While Chase may prevent getting the bonus repeatedly for the exact same card, I have never heard of them denying bonus miles for the first time getting a UNIQUE card. For example, there have been a couple of different UA cards from Chase and an individual could get the bonus for each unique card type at least once. Also, the Ink Bold card allowed individuals to get bonuses for both their old version and their new version.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 5:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K, US LT Silver, AA Plat, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Starwood Gold
Well, I have the Marriott Rewards Premier card and applied for this card 6 days ago and it appears that I was approved since the status has been changed to GOLD on my Ritz Carlton account, even though I'm lifetime Platinum in the Marriott program. Not complaining, though, since they probably don't comp to Platinum. I will wait and see if I receive the 70K points. Doesn't do any good to call since I've been told by an agent before that I would receive the points and didn't. Even if I don't get the points I won't be disappointed because there are enough other benefits to make having the card worth it-especially since it's free!
Old Jun 25, 2012, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by saacman5033
I don't think either scenario should be a problem. While Chase may prevent getting the bonus repeatedly for the exact same card, I have never heard of them denying bonus miles for the first time getting a UNIQUE card. For example, there have been a couple of different UA cards from Chase and an individual could get the bonus for each unique card type at least once. Also, the Ink Bold card allowed individuals to get bonuses for both their old version and their new version.
The T&Cs specifically said Marriott Reward Cardholders are not eligible for this bonus (I dont remember the exact words but you can read them in the T&C section.)

Originally Posted by romadaro
Well, I have the Marriott Rewards Premier card and applied for this card 6 days ago and it appears that I was approved since the status has been changed to GOLD on my Ritz Carlton account, even though I'm lifetime Platinum in the Marriott program. Not complaining, though, since they probably don't comp to Platinum. I will wait and see if I receive the 70K points. Doesn't do any good to call since I've been told by an agent before that I would receive the points and didn't. Even if I don't get the points I won't be disappointed because there are enough other benefits to make having the card worth it-especially since it's free!
Exactly my point. Calling means nothing because CSR only knows what offer the application is attached to. Awarding the bonus is a back office function totally inaccessible by the front line CSRs. But if you haven't gotten and then inquire about why, the CSRs can then dig up the reason(s) Why - and you would be told what bonuses you have gotten on when, therefore you are not eligible on this one...
Old Jun 25, 2012, 6:04 pm

The T&Cs specifically said Marriott Reward Cardholders are not eligible for this bonus (I dont remember the exact words but you can read them in the T&C section.)
It's definitely a good idea to remind folks to read all T&C's and I have indeed read these T&C's

My point was not how Chase words their offer, rather how they function in practice. In the example I gave regarding UA cards, they had the same general language prohibiting current or previous cardholders of UA Visa from getting the bonus. Yet I have never heard of Chase denying bonus points on a person's first time owning a UNIQUE card.

Originally Posted by 5DMarkIIguy
Not necessary. From the original RC thread, people who have the Marriott card got the bonus, too. Same T&C.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by saacman5033
It's definitely a good idea to remind folks to read all T&C's and I have indeed read these T&C's

My point was not how Chase words their offer, rather how they function in practice. In the example I gave regarding UA cards, they had the same general language prohibiting current or previous cardholders of UA Visa from getting the bonus. Yet I have never heard of Chase denying bonus points on a person's first time owning a UNIQUE card.

They function in practice is, WHEN IT IS NOT EXPLICITLY EXCLUDE SOMETHING, works the way you describe - i.e. different types of the same Affinity cards would work, such as if you have a regular MR card before, you would still get bonus for the Premium version. However, when it is Explicitly described, then it would be UNTIL it is proven otherwise by someone who has owned / received MR bonus before to get this card AND the bonus is awarded. Getting the card has never been an issue as long as you are deemed qualified, credit-wise. Getting the bonus awarded is a whole different matter, especially when such wording is in place.

I will eagerly await the actual reports from those who are testing the water. Hopefully it would be good news. So far I have not read any ACTUAL posts about the MR cardholders got the bonus other than the one passing mentioning by 5DMarkIIguy you have quoted.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 8:42 pm

Don`t know what`s going on with Chase. Got approved on 6/21, then called today and they said it was closed because the mother`s maiden name doesn`t match in their system. Then I called another line, they said the account is fine. Then called again to speed up the lounge card, and again-"the account has beet closed, we tried to call you", nobody did. So how did they messed up my mother`s maiden name-have no idea, but I`m on the phone again trying to find out...So far, I`ve been pretty happy with Chase (sometimes too happy), but not so today.

After a long wait on the phone, a manager could not find the reason why an adviser decided to close my account, but promised to call me after he finds out. This Ritz Carlton card has been a nightmare so far.

Last edited by Kat007; Jun 25, 2012 at 9:05 pm Reason: add
Old Jun 25, 2012, 9:09 pm

They function in practice is, WHEN IT IS NOT EXPLICITLY EXCLUDE SOMETHING, works the way you describe - i.e. different types of the same Affinity cards would work, such as if you have a regular MR card before, you would still get bonus for the Premium version. However, when it is Explicitly described, then it would be UNTIL it is proven otherwise by someone who has owned / received MR bonus before to get this card AND the bonus is awarded.
I'll take your word for it as I have not seen points denied for cases as i described earlier. Taking a look again in light of this statement, we see that these T&Cs don't specifically preclude previous or current owners of the Marriott PREMIER card from getting the bonus. Thus, I'll go ahead and apply for the sake of the group and report back.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 5:16 pm

Anyone know specifically what the $200 airline incidental credit will cover?
Old Jun 26, 2012, 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by rwalia99
Anyone know specifically what the $200 airline incidental credit will cover?
See the original Ritz card thread for examples:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...l#post17302443

You're safe with the basics such as luggage fees, inflight F&B purchases, etc. Things like gift cards may qualify based on discussions in that thread.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.