Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

All Ritz-Carlton Rewards Card offers [Consolidated]

Old Jul 21, 2014, 10:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
Moderator Note: This thread is now archived.

Please continue the discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1745852-ritz-carlton-rewards-card-2016-onward.html

===============================================Bes t public available offer:
Two free nights at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $3k spent. Annual fee of $395 NOT waived. https://www.theritzcarltonrewardscard.com/2CN

$300 Annual Travel Credit
"Make the most of your trip with a $300 annual travel credit to use for baggage fees, Global Entry fees, seat upgrades, access to your preferred airport lounge and more. Simply use your card for these expenses and call us at 1-855-896-2222, and we will refund the charges after your flight."

Actual T&C language, as of 08.22.15:"Only the following types of non-ticket Net Purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight internet/entertainment; in-flight meals; Global Entry fees."

As of 1/2/2015, Credit for these charges are based on TRANSACTION (purchase) date, not posting date. If you made an eligible purchase before the end of the year, even if it doesn't post until the following year, you can still receive credit for the previous year. See post #1268

DO NOT attempt to get all $300 in one transaction. Most CSRs will question what incedential charge would be so high. Instead, get multiple smaller gift cards which line up with fees that airline charges. Make sure that whatever amounts you choose, you have an explanation ready for each. For example, AA overweight baggage fee is $150. $50 is first checked bag for 2 ppl. $75 is in the range of upgrade fees, etc.

Reimbursed:

AA e-Giftcards
Southwest eGiftcards - As of 12/30/14 Chase can distinguish between "incidental" and gift card purchase. YMMV depending on CSR.
Delta Giftcards (YMMV)
$78 AA Award flight taxes reimbursed
$22 BA Award flight taxes reimbursed
~$150 AA award fees, taxes, fuel surcharge reimbursed
$246 AA award fees, booking fee, all reported as upgrading to busn award
United Flight Taxes
Spirit Big Front Seats
Spirit Onboard Food and Drinks
DL Ticket Change fee $300
$210 DL first class up-fare
$300 of a $525 AA Admirals Club annual membership
$50 DL Transfer miles fee (2k miles plus $30 fee)
~$160 SQ award fees (circa 2014)
$70 upgraded seats on AA
$34 US award fees
$34 BA Award fees
$90 oneway ticket on AA (paid additional $90 with AA e-gc from last year)
$84.50 x 2 AA award fees
$150 B6 change fees er...umm..."seat upgrades"
$75 UA gift registry (no longer works as of Summer 2015)
$49.95 Bags VIP charge. It surprised me that it went since it comes up as BagsVIP and not an airline. I told the CSR it was AA's partner for baggage delivery and that I was (honestly) unsure if it would work.
UA Gift Registry $150 (one worked, one didn't) -- no longer works as of Summer 2015
$274 BA seat selection for 2 J class seats, LAX-LHR (Jan 2016)

Not Reimbursed:
$315 Avianca ticket charge
United giftcards
$150 AA award redeposit fee (YMMV)
UA Gift Registry $150 (one worked, one didn't)

The deal for 140K points is dead. Chase has replaced it with a complimentary night stay at any Tier 1-4 Ritz-Carlton hotel after spending $2,000 in the first 3 months, available here. As of February 12, 2015, there IS A BETTER known public offer (see below).

The 70K offer is long gone.

[EXPIRED] Active link found on blog 12/16 for 140K offer: https://www.theritzcarltonrewardscard.com/offer140k
Many have applied through this link only to find the application was assigned to a different promo for 2 free nights instead of points. Calling JP Morgan Chase CS has indicated they are aware of this issue and CSRs are expecting the 140k points to be honored but no one in this situation has actually received the 140k points as of Dec 28, 2014.

[EXPIRED] As reported by ghitt87: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22807838-post16.html
Call 1-888-846-7004 to apply.
Mention these RSVP:
F5BP - 140k points after 2k spend in 3 months. Annual fee of $395 not waived first year. - DEAD 9/25
F53K - 70k points, $395 waived first year.

I wasn't targeted, but called and used the RSVP code (5/2). Just act like you got it in the mail.
See also post #483 and following: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23230523-post483.html
Print Wikipost

All Ritz-Carlton Rewards Card offers [Consolidated]

Old May 21, 2015, 12:36 pm

Programs: AA - EP, Marriott - PP
Originally Posted by Need
There is no conversion. I applied with a Marriott account number and the Marriott account got the 140K points + gold status. I don't even know they have created a RC account for me or not.
Is this a recent change? Everything in the thread from 2012 - 2014 indicates that if you use an existing Marriott account it becomes a RC account. I get that the points are fungible, but the place this matters is the bonus promotions each program has separately throughout the year. I would never stay at a RC so losing out on 150k points from the various Marriott Megabonus promotions for the next year makes this a non-starter for me.
Old May 21, 2015, 12:55 pm

Programs: WN A-List, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by robbierob03
Is this a recent change? Everything in the thread from 2012 - 2014 indicates that if you use an existing Marriott account it becomes a RC account. I get that the points are fungible, but the place this matters is the bonus promotions each program has separately throughout the year. I would never stay at a RC so losing out on 150k points from the various Marriott Megabonus promotions for the next year makes this a non-starter for me.
I hope they don't convert Marriott accounts to RC. I was just approved for the Ritz card using my Marriott number. I'll report back with any issues.
Old May 21, 2015, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by robbierob03
Okay I just tried to log in at the RC webpage with my Marriott email and password and it put me to the same "Marriott" account page with the URL saying RC. I received promotions from both Marriott and RC including the megabonus promo. The points are the same. It seems like they are exactly the same program.

Try login at the RC webpage with your Marriott email and password. I think they both landed on the same page. There is probably no difference between the 2.
Old May 21, 2015, 1:00 pm
NDN

Programs: Marriott Titanium and LTP, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Originally Posted by ryanmcv
I hope they don't convert Marriott accounts to RC. I was just approved for the Ritz card using my Marriott number. I'll report back with any issues.
Why would you care
Old May 21, 2015, 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by ryanmcv
They didn't convert for me.
Old May 21, 2015, 1:46 pm

Programs: AA - EP, Marriott - PP
Thanks everyone for the more recent data points^

Guess I'm applying for this one and hoping for the best in getting switched to the 140k points promo!
Old May 21, 2015, 1:47 pm

Can you combine two peoples rewards into one account?

For example: Fiancé and myself get separate cards under different last names. Granted we can get the 2 free nights switched to the 140,000 points instead, would it be possible once we are married to merge the rewards accounts into one?

Trick being to get bonus points and $600 incidentals on Fiancé's card, then lower the CL and get the AF reimbursed. Than essential cancel the card after the first year once "rewards accounts are merged".
Old May 21, 2015, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by TGotts469
Can you combine two peoples rewards into one account?

For example: Fiancé and myself get separate cards under different last names. Granted we can get the 2 free nights switched to the 140,000 points instead, would it be possible once we are married to merge the rewards accounts into one?

Trick being to get bonus points and $600 incidentals on Fiancé's card, then lower the CL and get the AF reimbursed. Than essential cancel the card after the first year once "rewards accounts are merged".
You can combine rewards for a redemption but pretty sure it's at time of redemption and you can't just combine the accounts. That being said, you could convert the points into hotel cert at cat X and get the airline miles now and redeem hotel cert later.
Old May 21, 2015, 5:01 pm

Is breakfast, Wifi, Room upgrade & lounge access available at all the Marriot properties including, courtyard marriot, marriot, JW marriot worldwide with the Gold status? I tried an award reservation but it says wifi for a fee and no mention of any benefits in the room detail.

Last edited by Blueskyheaven; May 21, 2015 at 5:19 pm
Old May 21, 2015, 5:24 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Originally Posted by Blueskyheaven
Is breakfast, Wifi, Room upgrade & lounge access available at all the Marriot properties including, courtyard marriot, marriot, JW marriot worldwide with the Gold status? I tried an award reservation but it says wifi for a fee and no mention of any benefits in the room detail.
Why don't you just check the Marriott website dude
Old May 21, 2015, 6:05 pm
NDN

This is clearly stated in the Marriott Gold benefits. It would be easier to go there than explain the ins and outs.
Old May 21, 2015, 6:18 pm

Originally Posted by NDN
This is clearly stated in the Marriott Gold benefits. It would be easier to go there than explain the ins and outs.
No breakfast or lounge access at JW Marriots, Renaissance & Marriot resort hotels?

Lounge Access/Free Breakfast
Free daily continental breakfast, light snacks and beverages for members and one guest in the Executive Lounge*. In the U.S. and Canada, choose between 750 bonus points or breakfast in the hotel’s restaurant if the lounge is closed. Select hotels will provide 1,000 points in lieu of breakfast in the event the lounge is closed. Learn more

* At JW Marriott®, Autograph Collection®, Renaissance® and Marriott Hotels® (resorts excluded)
Old May 21, 2015, 6:41 pm
NDN

Exclamation

No breakfast or lounge access at JW Marriots, Renaissance & Marriot resort hotels?

Lounge Access/Free Breakfast
Free daily continental breakfast, light snacks and beverages for members and one guest in the Executive Lounge*. In the U.S. and Canada, choose between 750 bonus points or breakfast in the hotel’s restaurant if the lounge is closed. Select hotels will provide 1,000 points in lieu of breakfast in the event the lounge is closed. Learn more

* At JW Marriott®, Autograph Collection®, Renaissance® and Marriott Hotels® (resorts excluded)
Im waiting for the next question about some detail that is there then
Old May 24, 2015, 10:10 am

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
Red face

Originally Posted by NDN
So resorts are excluded??????????????
Old May 24, 2015, 10:30 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Originally Posted by bigshooter
Quote:

Originally Posted by NDN

So resorts are excluded??????????????

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.