Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

All Ritz-Carlton Rewards Card offers [Consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 21, 2014, 10:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
Moderator Note: This thread is now archived.

Please continue the discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1745852-ritz-carlton-rewards-card-2016-onward.html

===============================================Bes t public available offer:
Two free nights at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $3k spent. Annual fee of $395 NOT waived. https://www.theritzcarltonrewardscard.com/2CN

$300 Annual Travel Credit
"Make the most of your trip with a $300 annual travel credit to use for baggage fees, Global Entry fees, seat upgrades, access to your preferred airport lounge and more. Simply use your card for these expenses and call us at 1-855-896-2222, and we will refund the charges after your flight."

Actual T&C language, as of 08.22.15:"Only the following types of non-ticket Net Purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight internet/entertainment; in-flight meals; Global Entry fees."

As of 1/2/2015, Credit for these charges are based on TRANSACTION (purchase) date, not posting date. If you made an eligible purchase before the end of the year, even if it doesn't post until the following year, you can still receive credit for the previous year. See post #1268

DO NOT attempt to get all $300 in one transaction. Most CSRs will question what incedential charge would be so high. Instead, get multiple smaller gift cards which line up with fees that airline charges. Make sure that whatever amounts you choose, you have an explanation ready for each. For example, AA overweight baggage fee is $150. $50 is first checked bag for 2 ppl. $75 is in the range of upgrade fees, etc.

Reimbursed:

AA e-Giftcards
Southwest eGiftcards - As of 12/30/14 Chase can distinguish between "incidental" and gift card purchase. YMMV depending on CSR.
Delta Giftcards (YMMV)
$78 AA Award flight taxes reimbursed
$22 BA Award flight taxes reimbursed
~$150 AA award fees, taxes, fuel surcharge reimbursed
$246 AA award fees, booking fee, all reported as upgrading to busn award
United Flight Taxes
Spirit Big Front Seats
Spirit Onboard Food and Drinks
DL Ticket Change fee $300
$210 DL first class up-fare
$300 of a $525 AA Admirals Club annual membership
$50 DL Transfer miles fee (2k miles plus $30 fee)
~$160 SQ award fees (circa 2014)
$70 upgraded seats on AA
$34 US award fees
$34 BA Award fees
$90 oneway ticket on AA (paid additional $90 with AA e-gc from last year)
$84.50 x 2 AA award fees
$150 B6 change fees er...umm..."seat upgrades"
$75 UA gift registry (no longer works as of Summer 2015)
$49.95 Bags VIP charge. It surprised me that it went since it comes up as BagsVIP and not an airline. I told the CSR it was AA's partner for baggage delivery and that I was (honestly) unsure if it would work.
UA Gift Registry $150 (one worked, one didn't) -- no longer works as of Summer 2015
$274 BA seat selection for 2 J class seats, LAX-LHR (Jan 2016)

Not Reimbursed:
$315 Avianca ticket charge
United giftcards
$150 AA award redeposit fee (YMMV)
UA Gift Registry $150 (one worked, one didn't)

The deal for 140K points is dead. Chase has replaced it with a complimentary night stay at any Tier 1-4 Ritz-Carlton hotel after spending $2,000 in the first 3 months, available here. As of February 12, 2015, there IS A BETTER known public offer (see below).

The 70K offer is long gone.

[EXPIRED] Active link found on blog 12/16 for 140K offer: https://www.theritzcarltonrewardscard.com/offer140k
Many have applied through this link only to find the application was assigned to a different promo for 2 free nights instead of points. Calling JP Morgan Chase CS has indicated they are aware of this issue and CSRs are expecting the 140k points to be honored but no one in this situation has actually received the 140k points as of Dec 28, 2014.

[EXPIRED] As reported by ghitt87: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22807838-post16.html
Call 1-888-846-7004 to apply.
Mention these RSVP:
F5BP - 140k points after 2k spend in 3 months. Annual fee of $395 not waived first year. - DEAD 9/25
F53K - 70k points, $395 waived first year.

I wasn't targeted, but called and used the RSVP code (5/2). Just act like you got it in the mail.
See also post #483 and following: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23230523-post483.html
Print Wikipost

All Ritz-Carlton Rewards Card offers [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2014, 8:59 pm

Reimbursed:

$95 Southwest pet fee
$25 charge for two Southwest early-bird checkins
Various $5.60/$11.20 fees for Southwest points bookings

The agent only asked what the $95 fee was because he thought it might be an annual fee for a Southwest credit card. He was totally fine with reimbursing it when I explained that it was for taking a pet on the airplane though.
Old Dec 24, 2014, 2:06 am

where to buy aa giftcard? aa.com or airport?
Old Dec 24, 2014, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by visualage202
Anyone knows what this annual credit mean?

Is it by transaction date? or by transaction post date? or by reimbursement request date? or reimbursement post date?
I have the same question as above. Anyone know the answer? My assumption is it's transaction post date that determines the calendar year of the annual credit but would love to hear other thoughts.

Also, do expenditures that get reimbursed for travel credit count toward min spned?
Old Dec 24, 2014, 10:06 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Best Western Diamond
Originally Posted by creedcb
I have the same question as above. Anyone know the answer? My assumption is it's transaction post date that determines the calendar year of the annual credit but would love to hear other thoughts.

Also, do expenditures that get reimbursed for travel credit count toward min spned?
I've heard as long as it posts in 2014, it counts for 2014 reimbursement, but that is just word of mouth

Airline incidental reimbursements DO count towards min spend. That I have in writing from chase customer service.
Old Dec 24, 2014, 10:11 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Best Western Diamond
Originally Posted by Pager
Does anyone know if I convert my Marriott account to a ritz account to get this deal, will I loose the benefits from my chase Marriott cards (elite nights from purchases)?
According to marriott customer service on MRI: you do NOT need to convert your account to a ritz account, NOR will this do so automatically. You will not lose any benefits given to you by the marriot premier card

Originally Posted by DianaS
Evening folks,
I just got this (really fancy and heavy) card, and bought my southwest gift cards in $75.00 increments. I am assuming I can go ahead tomorrow and request the annual travel credit for this 2014 year….? Is it too soon to do this since we just activated the card today? Thanks!
(BTW, this card is in my hubby's name…the arrival package and box was sooooo NICE, he thought it was a Christmas gift for him!) They DO impress!

You need to wait for your transaction to actually POST, (stop pending and show up in your current balance) before you can request a credit against it according to the JPM executive office.

Also, for those of you interested, loungeclub cards should arrive within 3 weeks of being approved for the card according to the JPM EO.
Old Dec 24, 2014, 12:49 pm
Suspended

Evening folks,
I just got this (really fancy and heavy) card, and bought my southwest gift cards in $75.00 increments. I am assuming I can go ahead tomorrow and request the annual travel credit for this 2014 year….? Is it too soon to do this since we just activated the card today? Thanks!
(BTW, this card is in my hubby's name…the arrival package and box was sooooo NICE, he thought it was a Christmas gift for him!) They DO impress!
Did you do regular gift cards or egiftcards? Also, how did you decide on the $75 amount? Are you just planning to tell them early bird fees?
Old Dec 24, 2014, 2:32 pm

Just applied for this for fear it won't be around after the New Year. No basis for that concern, just could see that happening
Old Dec 24, 2014, 10:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
I stupidly forgot to put my Marriott # during the application. Not a big deal since I only have 10K Marriott points, but now that I have the card I have no idea what my RC # is, and Chase says they can't tell me.

Anyone have any clue how to get this? My first statement closes the 6th, and I want to make a booking for the 9th, so time is somewhat of the essence .
Old Dec 24, 2014, 11:27 pm

My RC# is printed on the back of the card.

Originally Posted by callmedtop
I stupidly forgot to put my Marriott # during the application. Not a big deal since I only have 10K Marriott points, but now that I have the card I have no idea what my RC # is, and Chase says they can't tell me.

Anyone have any clue how to get this? My first statement closes the 6th, and I want to make a booking for the 9th, so time is somewhat of the essence .
Old Dec 24, 2014, 11:32 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by callmedtop

Why would you call Chase? Check back of card, if not, then call Ritz.
Old Dec 25, 2014, 4:23 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Delta Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
So I am Marriott Platinum, and I also have the marriott premier credit card. Likewise, I would like these 140k points! I have read that I can apply for this ritz carlton card using my Marriott rewards #, which sounds great.

After scrolling through posts, I didn't get a clear answer to this:

1 - If I apply for the ritz card using my marriott rewards # and get approved, will these "ritz carlton points" just deposit into my marriott rewards account?

2 - I plan to continue using both ritz and marriott premier cards, so therefore would all the points earned on both cards simply deposit into my original Marriott rewards account?

3 - If yes to both questions above, then i assume these ritz points would count toward marriott lifetime status? (I'm on my way to lifetime gold!)

4 - Awhile back, I applied for the Marriott premier business which give you silver status (due to the 15 night credit). My account was downgraded from platinum to silver! Marriott said it was because of the credit card but then corrected the error. Strange huh...has any current Platinum had that happen to you after getting this ritz card?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Last edited by alrvd83; Dec 25, 2014 at 4:47 am
Old Dec 25, 2014, 10:24 am

I was approved of the 140K offer via the website offer and receive my card yesterday. I called in today to confirm the 140K as it wasn't included in my welcome package and was told that my offer was 'two complimentary nights' instead of 140K points. I am very confused about this as I wasn't even aware that there is a 'two complimentary nights' offer out there. I asked if they were the same thing since it does say 'enough for two complimentary nights' on the sign up website and she claimed that I had signed up for a different offer. Does anyone have any insight into this? The customer service rep said she is going to contact their marketing team and will get back to me to see if they can modify the offer.

Thanks in advance!
Old Dec 25, 2014, 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by TMM1982
Did you do regular gift cards or egiftcards? Also, how did you decide on the $75 amount? Are you just planning to tell them early bird fees?

I hope I didn't do this wrong…..I bought gift cards via Southwest.com.
$75.00 increments to use for 'oversized bags' in moving my daughter across country back to school.
Old Dec 25, 2014, 3:07 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by yuxiao3
I was approved of the 140K offer via the website offer and receive my card yesterday. I called in today to confirm the 140K as it wasn't included in my welcome package and was told that my offer was 'two complimentary nights' instead of 140K points. I am very confused about this as I wasn't even aware that there is a 'two complimentary nights' offer out there. I asked if they were the same thing since it does say 'enough for two complimentary nights' on the sign up website and she claimed that I had signed up for a different offer. Does anyone have any insight into this? The customer service rep said she is going to contact their marketing team and will get back to me to see if they can modify the offer.

Thanks in advance!
Threaten to cancel the card if they don't give you the 140K.
Old Dec 25, 2014, 3:08 pm
Suspended

I hope I didn't do this wrong…..I bought gift cards via Southwest.com.
$75.00 increments to use for 'oversized bags' in moving my daughter across country back to school.
I was just curious on your approach. People have reported success in getting reimbursement for Southwest egiftcards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.