Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

All Ritz-Carlton Rewards Card offers [Consolidated]

Old Jul 21, 2014, 10:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
Moderator Note: This thread is now archived.

Please continue the discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1745852-ritz-carlton-rewards-card-2016-onward.html

===============================================Bes t public available offer:
Two free nights at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $3k spent. Annual fee of $395 NOT waived. https://www.theritzcarltonrewardscard.com/2CN

$300 Annual Travel Credit
"Make the most of your trip with a $300 annual travel credit to use for baggage fees, Global Entry fees, seat upgrades, access to your preferred airport lounge and more. Simply use your card for these expenses and call us at 1-855-896-2222, and we will refund the charges after your flight."

Actual T&C language, as of 08.22.15:"Only the following types of non-ticket Net Purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight internet/entertainment; in-flight meals; Global Entry fees."

As of 1/2/2015, Credit for these charges are based on TRANSACTION (purchase) date, not posting date. If you made an eligible purchase before the end of the year, even if it doesn't post until the following year, you can still receive credit for the previous year. See post #1268

DO NOT attempt to get all $300 in one transaction. Most CSRs will question what incedential charge would be so high. Instead, get multiple smaller gift cards which line up with fees that airline charges. Make sure that whatever amounts you choose, you have an explanation ready for each. For example, AA overweight baggage fee is $150. $50 is first checked bag for 2 ppl. $75 is in the range of upgrade fees, etc.

Reimbursed:

AA e-Giftcards
Southwest eGiftcards - As of 12/30/14 Chase can distinguish between "incidental" and gift card purchase. YMMV depending on CSR.
Delta Giftcards (YMMV)
$78 AA Award flight taxes reimbursed
$22 BA Award flight taxes reimbursed
~$150 AA award fees, taxes, fuel surcharge reimbursed
$246 AA award fees, booking fee, all reported as upgrading to busn award
United Flight Taxes
Spirit Big Front Seats
Spirit Onboard Food and Drinks
DL Ticket Change fee $300
$210 DL first class up-fare
$300 of a $525 AA Admirals Club annual membership
$50 DL Transfer miles fee (2k miles plus $30 fee)
~$160 SQ award fees (circa 2014)
$70 upgraded seats on AA
$34 US award fees
$34 BA Award fees
$90 oneway ticket on AA (paid additional $90 with AA e-gc from last year)
$84.50 x 2 AA award fees
$150 B6 change fees er...umm..."seat upgrades"
$75 UA gift registry (no longer works as of Summer 2015)
$49.95 Bags VIP charge. It surprised me that it went since it comes up as BagsVIP and not an airline. I told the CSR it was AA's partner for baggage delivery and that I was (honestly) unsure if it would work.
UA Gift Registry $150 (one worked, one didn't) -- no longer works as of Summer 2015
$274 BA seat selection for 2 J class seats, LAX-LHR (Jan 2016)

Not Reimbursed:
$315 Avianca ticket charge
United giftcards
$150 AA award redeposit fee (YMMV)
UA Gift Registry $150 (one worked, one didn't)

The deal for 140K points is dead. Chase has replaced it with a complimentary night stay at any Tier 1-4 Ritz-Carlton hotel after spending $2,000 in the first 3 months, available here. As of February 12, 2015, there IS A BETTER known public offer (see below).

The 70K offer is long gone.

[EXPIRED] Active link found on blog 12/16 for 140K offer: https://www.theritzcarltonrewardscard.com/offer140k
Many have applied through this link only to find the application was assigned to a different promo for 2 free nights instead of points. Calling JP Morgan Chase CS has indicated they are aware of this issue and CSRs are expecting the 140k points to be honored but no one in this situation has actually received the 140k points as of Dec 28, 2014.

[EXPIRED] As reported by ghitt87: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22807838-post16.html
Call 1-888-846-7004 to apply.
Mention these RSVP:
F5BP - 140k points after 2k spend in 3 months. Annual fee of $395 not waived first year. - DEAD 9/25
F53K - 70k points, $395 waived first year.

I wasn't targeted, but called and used the RSVP code (5/2). Just act like you got it in the mail.
See also post #483 and following: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23230523-post483.html
Print Wikipost

All Ritz-Carlton Rewards Card offers [Consolidated]

Old Jun 14, 2012, 7:26 am

Programs: AA BA CO DL UA US
I would have grab this if it were not for Chase issued. I am saving my Chase inquires for even better deals than this.
Old Jun 14, 2012, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by mnscout
God, Chase again! Certainly would grab it otherwise without even thinking twice! Great find, OP.
+1 to this entire post.

Mike
Old Jun 14, 2012, 9:37 am

A poster on FW reports that he was told that if he is not a owner he will have to pay the annual fee.
But then again, don't belie half of what they tell you.
Old Jun 14, 2012, 9:50 am

Programs: Marriott, AAdvantage, United, Club Carlson
Originally Posted by cyin
Was thinking about this card too, until I saw this post. I dug further into the T&C's and noticed: "Previous and existing Ritz-Carlton or Marriott Rewards Credit Card cardmembers/accounts are not eligible for this bonus offer"

Looks like if you already have a Marriott Credit Card, you won't get the bonus on this one. Bummer.
Open up a new Marriott Rewards account, wait for the points to be added, transfer points from one account to the other, close CC after 1 year.

Done.
Old Jun 14, 2012, 10:04 am

I wonder if you could pull a "two browser trick" to get both the Marriott and RC cards...
Old Jun 14, 2012, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by ltabi
I should have waited for this offer...I got the Marriott card. The airport lounge benefit would have been awesome for me
Did you look at the list of airports? It's very limited. No lounge at La Guardia or DFW.
Old Jun 14, 2012, 10:43 am

anyone know if you can use the upgrades on award stays?

also do you get the hotel credit on a two-night award stay?

Last edited by esquish; Jun 14, 2012 at 10:55 am
Old Jun 14, 2012, 11:23 am

Programs: SPG Plat, CO Gold, AA Plat, Marriott Silver, HH Gold, Citigroup Chairman
Fabulous Deal

I think people are overlooking how good of a deal this is. This is a card they normally charge $395 for free the first year.

70k Bonus points is great

$200 airline credit

Lounge Pass

Marriott Gold Status for a Year

Ritz Carlton Upgrade Certs.

No Foreign Exchange Fee

JP Morgan Concierge

In my mind this is the best first year fee-free credit card available right now, I applied and was just accepted for the card. I don't know how long this backdoor will be open, so I encourage anyone thinking about applying to do so now.
Old Jun 14, 2012, 12:01 pm

Programs: Several dozen
If you have the Marriott Rewards card then you wuz robbed - no 70k.

Originally Posted by 5DMarkIIguy
Link

0 introductory fee
70k points after first purchase

Earn Exceptional Rewards
Earn 5 Ritz-Carlton Rewards points per $1 spent at The Ritz-Carlton hotels. *
Earn 2 Ritz-Carlton Rewards points per $1 spent on airline tickets purchased directly with the airline, and at car rental
agencies and restaurants. *
Earn 1 Ritz-Carlton Rewards point per $1 spent on all other card purchases. *
Enjoy Special Hotel Privileges
Upgrade to The Ritz-Carlton Club Level three times annually on stays of up to seven nights, subject to availability
at time of reservation. Advanced reservations and e-certificate are required. *
Automatic Gold Elite status* in The Ritz-Carlton Rewards program your first year.
Extra Hotel Experience with each two-night stay or longer at a Ritz-Carlton hotel. Celebrate with a $100 Hotel Credit to
be used toward your choice of dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities when reserving this offer. *
Experience Travel Benefits and Services
Complimentary airport lounge access*
$200 annual credit for airline incidentals*
Premier Concierge Service and more*

Credit to Fatwallet.
Old Jun 14, 2012, 12:06 pm

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by jayzee9
I think people are overlooking how good of a deal this is. This is a card they normally charge $395 for free the first year.

70k Bonus points is great

$200 airline credit

Lounge Pass

Marriott Gold Status for a Year

Ritz Carlton Upgrade Certs.

No Foreign Exchange Fee

JP Morgan Concierge

In my mind this is the best first year fee-free credit card available right now, I applied and was just accepted for the card. I don't know how long this backdoor will be open, so I encourage anyone thinking about applying to do so now.

Not credit.
Old Jun 14, 2012, 1:38 pm

Has anyone gotten an approval without being a Ritz Carlton Residences owner?
Old Jun 14, 2012, 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by Bored_Russian

Not credit.
True, although there may be ways to make this effectively "$200 cash back" as people have done with the Amex Platinum card.

IMO what makes this a good card is that there's no annual fee and no minimum spend. An easy card to run once at the grocery store and then toss in the "graveyard".
Old Jun 14, 2012, 2:03 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, CO Gold, AA Plat, Marriott Silver, HH Gold, Citigroup Chairman
Approved

Originally Posted by joshb
Yes, I applied this morning, got a call from Chase to reallocate my current lines of credit to accommodate this new card. There was no mention of the RC Residence Club Ownership, and the terms of the card say the fee is waved for the first year. I think it's a legitimate offer available to anyone with the link.
Old Jun 14, 2012, 2:10 pm

Programs: Some.
Originally Posted by joshb
I don't think there's any risk in getting approved, as Chase will gladly give you the card so long as they don't deem you a credit risk. However, I suppose there is a possibility of not getting the points if you don't qualify. AMEX has done this in the past with some of their offers, but I don't see Chase doing it.

As always, YMMV.
Old Jun 14, 2012, 9:24 pm

Is it confirmed that existing Marriott cardholders have indeed received the (50k) bonus for the RC card (despite the T/C)?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.