Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase application pending review [Consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 1, 2015, 9:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
The thread (and wiki) you should be reading instead of this one is Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015-Present. Do yourself a favor and go there now.
Print Wikipost

Chase application pending review [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2012, 9:56 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
Most of my Chase apps over the last year or so have taken around 3 weeks to get processed if left alone. All were approved.

If you want to push things along call the "reconsideration" number. They should hopefully get an answer there and then.
Old May 6, 2012, 10:29 am

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Originally Posted by User Name
Most of my Chase apps over the last year or so have taken around 3 weeks to get processed if left alone. All were approved.

If you want to push things along call the "reconsideration" number. They should hopefully get an answer there and then.
OK, that lowers my level of concern considerably. I couldn't figure out why they'd turn down my wife. ... or even delay approval. Her credit score is near 800, we have zero debt (rent our house; everything paid for, no credit card balances), quite a bit of savings, and she has a much better than average income.
I'll give it another week.

Originally Posted by muji
I would have. It seems that you live in Arizona; it is a "community property" state. See post #1229 here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...l#post18523500
Thanks; awesome information.
Old Jun 8, 2012, 2:45 pm

Chase/ BA Avios 100k Promotion - Was I approved?

Hey all. First post here. I've been lurking for awhile but now finally have a question. So I just started getting into all of this in the last month or so. So here's my question.

I know there's a common conception that Chase has a 6 month policy when it comes to getting cards from them. A couple months back I signed up for the Chase Priority Club Visa with the 80k signup bonus. Shortly after that I learned about the 100k Avios points offer and just figured I'd wait 6 months, cancel my couple year old (no rewards) chase card and sign up for the Avios offer. Then I saw that the Avios offer was going to be canned on the 7th. So I did some more reading and found that apparently their 6 month rule is a bit of a misconception. So I bit the bullet and apped just so I wouldn't miss the offer (then of course it was extended).

So of course I got the "we need to review your application" message and was told to stay tuned and that I'd either get a denial letter or a card. Fast forward to this morning, I get an email from British Airlines thanking me for joining the Avios program. I assume this means that the card was approved and they auto-enrolled me Avios? Is that assessment correct?

And that's my first question!
Old Jun 8, 2012, 2:52 pm

Programs: DL GM, BA Silver, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, PC Plat, Hyatt Gold, Accor Plat
Most likely you were approved. Just give Chase a ring and ask. It'll put your mind at ease.

Good luck!
Old Jun 8, 2012, 3:01 pm

Programs: HA, DL, UA, PC Gold, A/club Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Pl
u have a chase card now right? try login online and see if the card is there? my united card showed up being active online way before i got a email saying i was approved
Old Jun 8, 2012, 3:59 pm

I have to add my credit cards to my account manually... Maybe it's because I'm a banking customer too.
Old Jun 8, 2012, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Mike_K
I have to add my credit cards to my account manually... Maybe it's because I'm a banking customer too.
No. My cards automatically show up when they are approved and I have a Chase banking account.

I also had to add my card manually in the past - when that happened, I was told it was because for whatever reason, the "profile" of the owner of the new card did not match with the "profile" of the existing accounts. Sometimes it can be name with initial or without initial. Sometimes it can be there is a slightly different way your address appears in Chase system!
Old Jun 8, 2012, 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
No. My cards automatically show up when they are approved and I have a Chase banking account.

I also had to add my card manually in the past - when that happened, I was told it was because for whatever reason, the "profile" of the owner of the new card did not match with the "profile" of the existing accounts. Sometimes it can be name with initial or without initial. Sometimes it can be there is a slightly different way your address appears in Chase system!
Ah weird... My Priority Club card doesn't show either.
Old Jun 8, 2012, 10:30 pm

Welcome to Flyertalk!

You're likely approved. That has been my experience. I believe the T&C states that an Avios account will be open only if you had been approved.

Chase also has a application status checking line. I don't have the number with me, but I'll bet you can easily find it if you search for it here.
Old Jun 8, 2012, 10:50 pm

Thanks for the info. I called them and they say the app just shows that it's still pending. One agent said they'll open up an Avios account for me either way but that doesn't make any sense. So officially, I'm still up in the air (no pun intended).

I almost wonder if the app is approved and just hasn't posted in the system yet. I tried to see if canning my 4 year old, no benefit chase card would help/ hurt me but the status check phone number just redirects you to generic customer service now.

I want my 100k points!
Old Jun 8, 2012, 11:39 pm

Originally Posted by Mike_K
Hey all. First post here. I've been lurking for awhile but now finally have a question. So I just started getting into all of this in the last month or so. So here's my question.

I know there's a common conception that Chase has a 6 month policy when it comes to getting cards from them. A couple months back I signed up for the Chase Priority Club Visa with the 80k signup bonus. Shortly after that I learned about the 100k Avios points offer and just figured I'd wait 6 months, cancel my couple year old (no rewards) chase card and sign up for the Avios offer. Then I saw that the Avios offer was going to be canned on the 7th. So I did some more reading and found that apparently their 6 month rule is a bit of a misconception. So I bit the bullet and apped just so I wouldn't miss the offer (then of course it was extended).

So of course I got the "we need to review your application" message and was told to stay tuned and that I'd either get a denial letter or a card. Fast forward to this morning, I get an email from British Airlines thanking me for joining the Avios program. I assume this means that the card was approved and they auto-enrolled me Avios? Is that assessment correct?

And that's my first question!
You're most likely approved...I'd just wait a few more days and call back again. By then, they should be able to manually approve you if you weren't already.

Also, I'm not sure where you read about a 6 month rule, but in my experience, I've been getting Chase cards every 3 months or so. This is common for a lot of people who do App-O-Ramas. Usually 3 months is enough time in between Chase apps.
Old Jun 9, 2012, 7:35 pm

Programs: Marriott, Radisson, AA, UA
Getting a welcome email from British Airways doesn't necessarily mean you'll get approved for the cc. It just meant you got enrolled into BA Avios reward program when you applied for the cc.

Last year when I applied for Chase Continental card, I also got a welcome email from Continental. But about 10-14 days later i got a denied letter from Chase for the cc.

But Chase is very friendly if you call to re-allocate credit from your old card to the new card, or if you don't want your old non-reward card, simply ask to move the credit from the old card to the new card, then cancel your old non-reward card.
Old Jun 11, 2012, 11:47 am

Help: Chase Sapphire in review

Folks,
I applied for Chase Sapphire Preferred for my wife and it was put under review. She has score of 770, she doesn't own many CC and the last time she applied for a card was in Dec 11. I put in the credit application Job: as searching and Month: one. Could that have affected her application.
Thanks
Old Jun 11, 2012, 12:47 pm
wcj

newbie here so I'm unwilling to offer advice, but see these threads

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/archive/t-1283917.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/archive/t-1339299.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...ould-i-do.html

HTH
Old Jun 11, 2012, 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by Book08
Folks,
I applied for Chase Sapphire Preferred for my wife and it was put under review. She has score of 770, she doesn't own many CC and the last time she applied for a card was in Dec 11. I put in the credit application Job: as searching and Month: one. Could that have affected her application.
Thanks
It could be put under review for any number of reasons. A lot of people don't get instant approval, even with high credit scores. I wouldn't worry too much, as she could easily get approved still. Under review doesn't mean denied.

If you want to talk to Chase about it, I'd recommend calling them. They are really nice on the phone and someone will always pick up without having to go through telephone prompts. They may be able to tell you more, but since she just applied, they also might tell you that they don't have a decision yet. Can't hurt to call and see what they say though.

Phone number is: 1-888-245-0625

Good luck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.