Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

my worst fear when I logged into Chase tonight....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

my worst fear when I logged into Chase tonight....

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2012, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by GoGreen
That sounded worrisome, because recently people have been transferring UR points to other people's UR accounts or airline accounts. These things can be done at no charge and to an unrelated (even unknown) person. In some cases they're selling the points for 1.6 cents on the dollar (see FW for more info).
Well, turns out it was just maintenance, though the timing seems strange to me. I'm not at all worried about transferring UR points for free or for profit as I haven't done it. I value my UR points too much for personal use and recently paid my annual fee on it as well.

I was worried because I currently have 3 accounts with Chase (two of them are newish as of this year and I'm still waiting on the sign-up bonus on one of them), and the credit line extended to me on those card is quite generous. The most accounts I have had with Chase is 2 until now, and i think that could be pushing it a bit. So I had a bit of a scare, especially since I still have a decent balance on my UR account. And I actually use all three cards for their benefits so I'd want to keep all of them!
Old May 27, 2012, 11:21 am

Chase has a very inelegant way to handle site maintenance. I've certainly been led to believe that my accounts had been closed as well, and in one case one of my accounts simply disappeared entirely from the screen and there was no trace of it.

They should look into redesigning what is displayed when systems are offline.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 12:14 pm

Programs: AA, DL, Hyatt, Hilton
Sorry to bump this old thread but this just happened to me and I also nearly had a heartattack! - this thread consoled me
Old Apr 24, 2015, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by 46sky
Sorry to bump this old thread but this just happened to me and I also nearly had a heartattack! - this thread consoled me
This just happened to me, too. I Googled the issue and this thread was the first result. The only strange thing is that I don't recall seeing a maintenance notice this past week, and I log into my account almost daily. The message on top of the page also only says: "CHASE ONLINE Friday, April 24, 2015" with no other message concerning the missing credit card information. Sent Chase a message so will have to wait and see. Hopefully my credit card info comes back soon. I'm glad I'm not alone, though. So to anyone else out there around 4/24/15 who is experiencing the same issue, I hope this consoles you as well. I will update on what happens in case it helps anyone.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by whatevs
This just happened to me, too. I Googled the issue and this thread was the first result. The only strange thing is that I don't recall seeing a maintenance notice this past week, and I log into my account almost daily. The message on top of the page also only says: "CHASE ONLINE Friday, April 24, 2015" with no other message concerning the missing credit card information. Sent Chase a message so will have to wait and see. Hopefully my credit card info comes back soon. I'm glad I'm not alone, though. So to anyone else out there around 4/24/15 who is experiencing the same issue, I hope this consoles you as well. I will update on what happens in case it helps anyone.
^ me too! I definitely felt that feeling in the pit of my stomach.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 1:01 pm

I have this too right now. Hoping it's system maintenance.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 1:08 pm

LOL! Comfort in numbers I guess. Same thing happening to my account too. This thread is indeed comforting.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 1:15 pm

ok i feel better now !!! woooooooooh - i pay my bills and i saw all non available and i am like oh @#$# i dont' even MS what happened. first thing i do i check FT LOOL
Old Apr 24, 2015, 1:20 pm

I got my heart beat stopped for couple seconds...
Old Apr 24, 2015, 1:20 pm

Thanks FT buddies for setting my mind at ease
Old Apr 24, 2015, 1:33 pm

I almost have a blackout when I see the "Not available" message... (X_X)
Old Apr 24, 2015, 1:40 pm

Programs: AA, TY, UR, UA, US, WN, MR, SPG
Back up for me.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by roki
Back up for me.
Not for me.

All of this panic is a testament to how secure we all feel banking with Chase.

We could all be shut down any time, and we know it and fear it.

I don't have that fear with any other bank.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by roki
Back up for me.
Same here. Whew.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern
Not for me.

All of this panic is a testament to how secure we all feel banking with Chase.

We could all be shut down any time, and we know it and fear it.

I don't have that fear with any other bank.
Do you mind helping me understand what do you mean by this? Just because I never seem to be signed in when this happens.

But I know other companies like capital one or discover would not even let me in when they have a breakdown or maintenance..with capital one I was getting errors trying to sign in but they weren't saying it was a maintenance..I went on Twitter and surprise surprise they acknowledged that they were having technical difficulties and not just a system maintenance.

Discover does pretty often for me to notice when I try and log in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.