Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Now Dead]100,000 BA Avios Chase Card, $150 fee

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Now Dead]100,000 BA Avios Chase Card, $150 fee

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2012, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by koolr
So, what did you gain from calling Chase, jorbren??

I don't understand why people have to feel like they are going to be left out without trying and understanding much, and then call which may screw up the deal for everyone!!!?? Did anyone think that if the offer shows up for wife/friend/parents, etc. then you can still apply using your name on the application?? I have tried several times, and when you click on the offer (without logging in your BA account), the application page is blank... correct me if I am wrong.
Maybe before you lash out to rip on someone you should have your own facts straight. Im correcting you because you are wrong. If you are logged out and do the dummie booking for jon smith and the credit card app comes up, you can't change the name in the application, jon smith would already be loaded in there and not allow a change.

As for what I learned from calling chase. I learned that being an authorized user on an account should not eliminate you from a chance of receiving a targeted offer, which was the exact information I was looking for. Please read the follow ups and you would know that. I didn't give away any information at all about this offer and how people are trying to do this.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by jorbren
Maybe before you lash out to rip on someone you should have your own facts straight. Im correcting you because you are wrong. If you are logged out and do the dummie booking for jon smith and the credit card app comes up, you can't change the name in the application, jon smith would already be loaded in there and not allow a change.

As for what I learned from calling chase. I learned that being an authorized user on an account should not eliminate you from a chance of receiving a targeted offer, which was the exact information I was looking for. Please read the follow ups and you would know that. I didn't give away any information at all about this offer and how people are trying to do this.
This is exactly what I mean. This is changed now (how did they find out?). Only a few weeks ago, when you reserve a flight, there was a question if the traveler was paying for this ticket with radio buttons... Yes or No. Now it is asking to select the NAME of the traveler, which would then automatically be filled in the application. They already caught up with the blank form issue (anyone could have applied at that point).
Old Jun 25, 2012, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by koolr
This is exactly what I mean. This is changed now (how did they find out?). Only a few weeks ago, when you reserve a flight, there was a question if the traveler was paying for this ticket with radio buttons... Yes or No. Now it is asking to select the NAME of the traveler, which would then automatically be filled in the application. They already caught up with the blank form issue (anyone could have applied at that point).
So what is exactly what you mean? You quickly jumped on board to rip on me, while you were the one with your information mixed up.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 12:13 pm

Programs: UA, AA, BA, DL
Before this descends into further histrionics, lets just reiterate a flyertalk maxim that all users old and new could stand to hear again: DON'T CALL THE AIRLINE OR FINANCIAL INSTITUTION ABOUT A POTENTIALLY PRECARIOUS LIVE DEAL. Although well intentioned such inquiries may draw unnecessary attention to the "loophole" which may cause BA/Chase to otherwise rejigger the process to eliminate it altogether. If you are having trouble with the process, clear cookies, try a different browser, make sure you are following the general rules (don't sign in etc), and ask the board for help. If you can't get it, you can't get it. Don't take the rest of the ship down with you.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by jorbren
So what is exactly what you mean? You quickly jumped on board to rip on me, while you were the one with your information mixed up.
Please reread (and read again and again) my post. The facts were not mixed up, they were changed by Chase. That is what I meant, that they found out about that loop hole and closed it. If everone keeps calling, this deal might just disappear. REMEBER, this deal is meant to be for the people who are actually buying BA tickets!!

NO more discussion needed.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by 2stepsbehind
Before this descends into further histrionics, lets just reiterate a flyertalk maxim that all users old and new could stand to hear again: DON'T CALL THE AIRLINE OR FINANCIAL INSTITUTION ABOUT A POTENTIALLY PRECARIOUS LIVE DEAL. Although well intentioned such inquiries may draw unnecessary attention to the "loophole" which may cause BA/Chase to otherwise rejigger the process to eliminate it altogether. If you are having trouble with the process, clear cookies, try a different browser, make sure you are following the general rules (don't sign in etc), and ask the board for help. If you can't get it, you can't get it. Don't take the rest of the ship down with you.
THANK YOU!!
Old Jun 25, 2012, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
OK folks, let's quit chastising each other and stay on topic. We can help each other w/o being critical can't we? Yes, I think so.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled program.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 8:18 pm

Programs: Whatever's Cheapest, Accruing Miles, Redeeming for Premium Cabins, Not Chasing Status Unnecessarily
If I got the first 100k BA offer cc, and have since cancelled it,
Can I get this 100k?

Has anyone posted success on this scenario?
Old Jun 25, 2012, 11:21 pm

FYI Just got it to come up first try for my wife using a Chrome Incognito Window. No instant approval.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 11:51 pm

Originally Posted by tru2logan
Just wanted to update my situation as a previous (2009) 100k cardholder. I cancelled this card in 2011 and re-applied last month with an instant approval.

My first 50k posted 2 days ago!, as i suspected it would.
Here is someone who report that he got the bonus mile post to his account. I haven't get mine yet because I just use my card last week.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 11:54 pm

Originally Posted by aubreyfromwheaton
If I got the first 100k BA offer cc, and have since cancelled it,
Can I get this 100k?

Has anyone posted success on this scenario?
I would expect one with your post count to know better than ask a question like that without reading at the bare minimum at least two or three pages of the thread.... I guess I was wrong

Just to play along.....if you got in on the first 100k BA card (2009 or early 2010) and you cancelled that card at least 3 or 4 months ago, there have numerous positive reports of getting the miles again.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 2:47 am

just a heads up: MMS spoke with some banks and has this (among other things) to report:

"Banks are aware of unofficial links which offer a higher sign-up bonus (they read the blogs AND the message boards) and you may see them disappear faster than usual once their IT infrastructure is streamlined – so prioritize those offers when you apply for cards."

yes this is vague and we always know these deals are time sensitive and please let's not open up the discussion about what level of "giving away information" is okay. but just fyi if you want to get in on this deal you should do it sooner rather than later.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 6:11 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by esquish
just a heads up: MMS spoke with some banks
That shouldn't surprise us. It's just a reminder that for most of the newer bloggers the people who matter most are not the readers, but the credit card issuers who pay the bills. Thanks for passing it on, esquish.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by IMH
It's just a reminder that for most of the newer bloggers the people who matter most are not the readers, but the credit card issuers who pay the bills.
i have to say i strongly disagree with you. bloggers who don't use affiliate links are a tiny minority. the difference is which blogs post tons of useful content aside from affiliate links and give information on how to get non-affiliate deals. i think MMS is the most "for the readers" blog out there.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 1:42 pm
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by esquish
i strongly disagree with you
Fair enough. Let's agree to disagree and allow this thread to get back to the Chase BA Visa and your wise advice that anyone wanting to get in on the 100,000 Avios offer should do so without delay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.