Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Now Dead]100,000 BA Avios Chase Card, $150 fee

[Now Dead]100,000 BA Avios Chase Card, $150 fee

Old Apr 12, 2012, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by cyin
I guess you can always book a full-fare refundable ticket to get the app to process.
Originally Posted by mabramovich
Don't you also get 24 hour cancel? Apply, pay for ticket, cancel ticket?
Both seem like good ideas. Any sense of whether either option would work? Taking a quick look at the sign-up page, I don't see anything precluding this.

Note, however, this from para 4 of the T&Cs:

This one-time bonus offer is valid only for first-time cardmembers with new accounts. Previous and existing cardmembers/accounts are not eligible for this bonus offer.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 12:17 pm

What happens if you are trying to buy a First Class unrestricted ticket that costs $15,000 and you only get a credit line of $10,000? Would you get approved for the card and the transaction declined?
Old Apr 12, 2012, 12:18 pm

I was able to get this to come up without a problem as well. If I had an interest in going to London I would consider doing this.

Edit to add: Also, for those inclined to MRs this would be an incredible "extra" for an MR. Also, if a couple were doing this together - since BA avios can be shared for a family (i think?) you could book tickets separately and BOTH get 100,000 avios.

Last edited by CFFrost; Apr 12, 2012 at 12:28 pm
Old Apr 12, 2012, 1:30 pm

Programs: PC Pl, UA 1K, CC Gl
Just applied. Interesting, it only worked on refundable Economy tickets. Not business or First:
"Instant credit cannot be approved, but you can still pay
for your flights.

About your application

Chase is not able to immediately process your card application. You will be notified in writing about the status of your application within 30 days.

Please do not resubmit your application

How to pay for your flights

You can pay for your flights using one of your existing cards."
Old Apr 12, 2012, 1:43 pm

I got the following message:

"Chase is not able to immediately process your card application. You will be notified in writing about the status of your application within 30 days."
Old Apr 12, 2012, 1:53 pm

Cool

Originally Posted by al613
Just applied. Interesting, it only worked on refundable Economy tickets. Not business or First:
Are you planning on refunding the tickets as Cyin suggests here:

Originally Posted by cyin
I guess you can always book a full-fare refundable ticket to get the app to process.
If so, please keep us posted on if you get the bonus. Anyone have any insight on if this would work without a problem?

I would pay with my existing AMEX just to spite Chase for not processing more quickly!
Old Apr 12, 2012, 2:11 pm

Programs: PC Pl, UA 1K, CC Gl
Called reconsideration line and got approved by splitting my credit line with another card. Was told that I will get 50k for first purchase and 50k for "anniversary first purchase"
for your flights.

About your application

Chase is not able to immediately process your card application. You will be notified in writing about the status of your application within 30 days.

Old Apr 12, 2012, 2:16 pm

Drats
I really want this
but
a) I dont want to buy a ticket
and
b) I have had it before so will they screw me out of the miles as per T&C 4?
Old Apr 12, 2012, 2:18 pm

Very interesting offer. Good job Igor718.

I would love to keep track of everybody who will be canceling and see if they get the extra 50k at 1 year anniversary.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 2:21 pm

Denied. .....

I applied for Chase Marriott & Sapphire in January. Too many new cards on Equifax, also, they said. Wouldn't swap credit lines.

I feel rejected...
Old Apr 12, 2012, 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by CLTF
Drats
I really want this
but
a) I dont want to buy a ticket
and
b) I have had it before so will they screw me out of the miles as per T&C 4?
I feel you.

Some people won't be flying BA metal or n00b's who don't even read FT may find canceling their refund ticket too foreign.

This offer is better for people who aren't spending $20k on CC's a year but again you still need to book a flight.

b) I think it was the last two sentences of section 3. They said all existing and previous cardholders and accounts are not eligible for the bonus.

Don't think this can be churned.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 2:29 pm

for your flights.

About your application

What route did you buy it on?

I just tried JFK-LHR refundable fare in economy but didn't get the offer when I got to step 5.

Did it for non-refundable in economy and it shows up.

Anybody else getting that?
Old Apr 12, 2012, 2:37 pm

Programs: As many as I can!
Originally Posted by FlyingTonto
Denied. .....

I applied for Chase Marriott & Sapphire in January. Too many new cards on Equifax, also, they said. Wouldn't swap credit lines.

I feel rejected...
Call again!
Old Apr 12, 2012, 2:45 pm

if anyone has churned this
let us know asap!
Old Apr 12, 2012, 2:46 pm

I wonder if u can call in and get this offer?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.