Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Now 50K] 60k points, no fee 1st yr, Chase Ink Bold Business Card

[Now 50K] 60k points, no fee 1st yr, Chase Ink Bold Business Card

Old Apr 3, 2012, 9:09 pm
Suspended

sadly chase approves one card at a time and 2 browser trick for one HARD PULL doesn't work on chase, otherwise I would have applied for this and chase UR MILEAGE EXPLORER CARD
Old Apr 3, 2012, 9:10 pm

Sweet! I was planning to apply this week anyway! Thanks!
Old Apr 3, 2012, 9:20 pm

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by Frequent Miler
Sweet! I was planning to apply this week anyway! Thanks!
eh? don't you already have this!?

btw i used your referal link in applying for this card a week or two ago. i am going to try and get bumped up to this 60k improved offer. am pretty confident they will do so given it's public and my app was so recent
Old Apr 3, 2012, 9:26 pm
Suspended

any success in 2 browser trick with chase?

ink bold and united mileage explorer
Old Apr 3, 2012, 9:28 pm

Programs: All of the Above
Originally Posted by jimmy1

Search is your friend. Quick skinny is it only works with Citibank.
Old Apr 3, 2012, 9:47 pm

sadly chase approves one card at a time and 2 browser trick for one HARD PULL doesn't work on chase, otherwise I would have applied for this and chase UR MILEAGE EXPLORER CARD
I'm not sure about that. Unless they pulled from another bureau, my Experian report only shows one pull from Chase for SP and United cards applied on the same day. This is even with a call to reconsideration for the second card. I was told you can be approved for two cards in a 30-day period.

Last edited by Ducati; Apr 3, 2012 at 10:45 pm Reason: edited SPG with SP
Old Apr 3, 2012, 9:48 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Diamon, IHG Spire

Worth trying. I got 2 cards approved in 1 week. Kind of regret not trying. Just remember to have enough CL
Old Apr 3, 2012, 9:52 pm

You can apply for a biz and personal chase card at same time but they wont necessarily be combined into one Hard Pull.
Old Apr 3, 2012, 9:52 pm

Programs: All of the Above
Originally Posted by Ducati
I'm not sure about that. Unless they pulled from another bureau, my Experian report only shows one pull from Chase for SPG and United cards applied on the same day. This is even with a call to reconsideration for the second card. I was told you can be approved for two cards in a 30-day period.
Chase doesn't have the SPG card. Am Ex does.
Old Apr 3, 2012, 9:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: aa
Originally Posted by thetravelabstract
Awesome find. How did you do that? Are you a magician?

Definitely a great deal but the $5k would be hard to complete for me. I would need more points to take on that risk....or just more hours convincing myself $5k wouldn't be thaaaaaaat hard. Right?
See this post.
As far as spending $5k goes, apply in the middle of the month. Then you have 4 calendar months and amazon payments will take care of $4k. For the rest, staples rebates will easily take care of it. Frequent miler has some blog posts about it. I have been doing this for a couple of years. I haven't had a single rejection and the average turnaround time is 45 days. What's even better is that you can get 7 pts/$ for staples spending with ink bold. You can avoid sales tax by sending it to a store in CA( CA doesn't tax downloads) and avoid use tax by donating the keys. The only thing you lose is 45 days of interest but half of that is likely covered by credit card float and staples rewards deals more than makes up for the rest of it. It seems staples just wants to give you money for your purchases.

Originally Posted by civico
Awesome find! With the Sapphire taking a 10k hit, its nice to see the Ink Bold getting a 10k raise. Hopefully the deal holds up until my next app-o-rama!
Sapphire is still at 50k. See this post for working links. I find bloggers pretty useful but they have been doing a bit of disservice lately with all the credit card offers. So I ignore most of them when it comes to that. FT threads will have the best information and when a lot of points are at stake its worth spending time going through some threads.

Originally Posted by dshargorodsky
I applied for 2 Ink Bold cards for me and a friend approximately 3 weeks ago and received both cards last week. Do you think they would be willing to extend the bonus offer?
Send Chase a secure message with a pdf of the offer and they should match it. Chase is pretty good about matching offers for the first 90 days.

Originally Posted by mnscout
Interestingly enough, I can see it too now - in Chrome. IE9 opens only a topless application .
Maybe you have a flash blocker or something? The top part is a flash program.

You will not get instant approval on both. You can try applying and calling the reconsideration line. You will have better success if you have a credit card to trade.
Old Apr 3, 2012, 10:06 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe

The purpose of the 2 browser trick, as I understand it, is to try and get 2 personal cards e.g. visa/mastercard at the same time. 1 personal 1 biz should work either way.
Old Apr 3, 2012, 10:17 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Originally Posted by sun_aa
For the rest, staples rebates will easily take care of it. Frequent miler has some blog posts about it. I have been doing this for a couple of years. I haven't had a single rejection and the average turnaround time is 45 days. What's even better is that you can get 7 pts/$ for staples spending with ink bold. You can avoid sales tax by sending it to a store in CA( CA doesn't tax downloads) and avoid use tax by donating the keys. The only thing you lose is 45 days of interest but half of that is likely covered by credit card float and staples rewards deals more than makes up for the rest of it. It seems staples just wants to give you money for your purchases.
Also, you can really make money with the 20% software coupon available for instore use only on day 9 of the Staples app for IOS/Android. For instance a few weeks ago -

10 copies of Trend Micro crap $450 outlay.
4X Chase UR (now 2X) 1800 points
5X Chase Ink Bold Office 2250 points
Rebate of $450 in 5-6 weeks.

If you used 20% coupon in store $450 of software
$360 outlay
5X Chase Ink Bold Office 1800 points
Rebate of $450 in 5-6 weeks. So you make $90 + 1800 Chase points.

It takes a lot more work but it's worth it to me.
Old Apr 3, 2012, 10:47 pm

Originally Posted by DavidAL
Originally Posted by Ducati
I'm not sure about that. Unless they pulled from another bureau, my Experian report only shows one pull from Chase for SPG and United cards applied on the same day. This is even with a call to reconsideration for the second card. I was told you can be approved for two cards in a 30-day period.
Chase doesn't have the SPG card. Am Ex does.
Good catch. I meant SP (Sapphire Preferred). So used to typing SPG (which happens to be the most versatile CC around). I amended my post. Thank you.
Old Apr 3, 2012, 11:51 pm

Programs: All of em...
Great find sun_aa!! And thanks for pointing out the 50k Chase Sapphire Preferred links. I'll update my site.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 12:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: aa
Originally Posted by sam_goh
Also, you can really make money with the 20% software coupon available for instore use only on day 9 of the Staples app for IOS/Android. For instance a few weeks ago -

10 copies of Trend Micro crap $450 outlay.
4X Chase UR (now 2X) 1800 points
5X Chase Ink Bold Office 2250 points
Rebate of $450 in 5-6 weeks.

If you used 20% coupon in store $450 of software
$360 outlay
5X Chase Ink Bold Office 1800 points
Rebate of $450 in 5-6 weeks. So you make $90 + 1800 Chase points.

It takes a lot more work but it's worth it to me.
But the app coupons are in-store only. If you can find enough stock and manager willing to sell 10 copies, its great. The store near my place doesn't carry that kind of stock and the manager refused to sell me too many items back in Jan when they had 25% back in rewards. That one was worth more than a couple hundred bucks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.