Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

United MileagePlus Club Card, 1st Year Annual Fee Waived, Tied to United Status?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 25, 2015, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RNE
How do I get the first-year free offer for the United Club card?

There is no foolproof method. As of January 2016, anecdotal evidence strongly suggests that the first-year-free offer (as opposed to the standard offer with $395 AF, minus $100 credit with first purchase) is targeted at UA elites and former paid Club members.

In prior years, some of the following links gave non-elites access to the first-year-free offer. Current odds of success appear to be low.
Regardless of the method used, you will need to log into your UA account to see the offer available to you.

How do I find/apply for the United MileagePlus Club Business Card?

https://www.theexplorercard.com/Club50kAF

Go to www.theexplorercard.com, then either
  • Click "Are you a business owner?" in the top right then "Learn about the MileagePlus Club Business Card" in the right column.
  • Click "Compare to the MileagePlus Club Card" in the right column then "Compare to the MileagePlus Club Business Card" in the right column.

After logging into your United account, you may be targeted for the annual fee waiver on the business version of the card.
Print Wikipost

United MileagePlus Club Card, 1st Year Annual Fee Waived, Tied to United Status?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2015, 1:40 pm

Programs: Milege+, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by takeshi74
MileagePlus Explorer cardholders also board in Group 2 as well as Premier Gold, Star Gold, Premier Silver & Star Silver.
Just received two more one visit club passes courtesy Explorer Card. Now I have four good through 2015 or Sept. 2016. That's enough for my two round trip flights this summer. So, will hold off on upgrading to Club card until Autumn at least. Hopefully I will be good boarding in group 2. Otherwise might want to upgrade sooner.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 7:38 pm

Data point: my card was used in Italy - but I wasn't there. They sent me a replacement card. This has a new design and has the Chip
Old Apr 27, 2015, 8:28 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K, *A Gold
FYI: Chase is redesigning the United Explorer/Club cards to account for the EMV chip that messed up the old design. I like this design a lot better than the old design.

Old Apr 27, 2015, 8:35 pm

Ah nice! Hopefully it remains metal.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 9:32 pm

Programs: WN A-List, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by xfisgsm
FYI: Chase is redesigning the United Explorer/Club cards to account for the EMV chip that messed up the old design. I like this design a lot better than the old design.
Interesting. Thanks for sharing. Where did you come across this news?
Old Apr 28, 2015, 12:27 am

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
Originally Posted by GrnLantern
Ah nice! Hopefully it remains metal.
Well if there are no numbers on the front, I assume it'll be a metal card…? So looks like the Explorer card is going metal too?
Old Apr 28, 2015, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by xfisgsm
The old design actually has a blank space where the chip would go, so I am not sure how the chip would mess up the old design? Although the new design looks nice.. less like my CSP card.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 4:11 pm

Programs: WN A-List, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National Executive Elite
A poster in the United forum just received a Club card with the new design and reported that it is still metal.

Also of note: it appears that the business versions of Explorer and Club cards are now available with the new design & EMV chip.

Old Apr 28, 2015, 10:41 pm

My husband qualified for the $0 annual fee card but I could only get the statement credit. Neither of us have status.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 9:45 am

Given the new report in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...irst-year.html, I've updated the wiki to include the newer 2015 link.

As before, this will work for some people but not all. (I'm redirected to the no-AF-waiver, $100 credit offer instead.) YMMV.

(And yes, I've suggested to mods for both forums that the threads be merged.)
Old Apr 30, 2015, 1:23 pm

Programs: Milege+, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Will be getting new Club card soon. Look forward to the new design. I used the secure message center on the website. It took then five days to respond to my request. Should have just called them.

Last edited by eajusa; May 1, 2015 at 1:35 pm
Old Apr 30, 2015, 1:53 pm

Data Point: Was able to get MP Club card 1st year free screen. However, I got the explorer plus 50k deal instead.
Old May 5, 2015, 9:45 am
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
I have no UA status. I have tried multiple links on multiple browsers and I only get offered the club card with $100 rebate, or the regular Explorer card with 50K bonus miles and first year waived. No first year free Club Card for me

Oh well.
Old May 5, 2015, 11:09 am

Programs: AA
I have no status with UA (I had low-tier status for one year back in 2007 or something) and have only flown them maybe two times in the last year, and yesterday I got this targeted offer in the mail. I was surprised. I don't anticipate flying UA in the near future.
Old May 5, 2015, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by uncflyer16
Out of curiosity, has any non-elite called Chase and asked for the no annual fee promo?
I didn't call, but I see the no-fee offer for the Club Card after logging in. I have no status but was Gold last year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.