Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Questions about Ultimate Rewards 7% annual bonus, awarded in February [Consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 19, 2014, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
You'll receive a 7% Annual Points Dividend on all new points earned on purchases made with your Chase Sapphire Preferred card during the previous year. ("Year" means, for your first year as a cardmember, the period beginning with your Enrollment Date through your billing cycle with a December closing date of that same year. For each year thereafter, "Year" means the twelve billing cycle period beginning the day after your billing cycle with a December closing date through your billing cycle with a December closing date of the next year.) Your 7% Annual Points Dividend will appear on your January or February billing statement. You will not earn the 7% Annual Points Dividend on new account bonus points, previous Annual Points Dividends awarded, or points transferred into your account. There is no maximum number of points that you can accumulate in the program. Bonus/Promotional offers may have a maximum accumulation. See Rewards Program Rules and Regulations which will be mailed after your account is established.
Even though the terms specify that the 7% Dividend will be awarded on the January or February statement, this has been pushed forward to March in 2014 for some accounts. See discussion beginning at post 206.
Print Wikipost

Questions about Ultimate Rewards 7% annual bonus, awarded in February [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2012, 5:51 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, PC Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by josephstern
Anyone transfer points between accounts last year?
My wife was targeted for the 100k offer last year, I'd just applied for the card so I sent in the targeted letter and they gave me the 100k as well - don't know if that "bump" would get the bonus, waiting to receive my email.

My wife did subsequently apply for the card too and I transferred her ~103k points to my account, so I better receive the full 7k bonus points due her.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 6:09 pm

We also failed to get the 7% on the 50k bump. But we did get a bonus on points transferred from the Chase Freedom.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by emmygofly
We also failed to get the 7% on the 50k bump. But we did get a bonus on points transferred from the Chase Freedom.
You sure? I transferred 100K points from my Freedom to my Sapphire, none of those points got counted... neither did my parents.
Old Feb 4, 2012, 10:16 am

Programs: WN A-list & CP, Delta GM
I can confirm that I have received 7% on my 50K bump. However the language in the email is very intriguing:

7% Annual Points Dividend earned: 9,515 points

Your 7% annual points dividend has posted to your account and can be viewed on your January or February 2012 statements.

Points Balance as of December 2011 statement: 85,929 points
As you can see my balance as of December 2011 shall be 85929+50000=135,929 and 7% of that is indeed 9,515. Chase excluded 50K bump in determining my end of year balance but then included it in the 7% calculation.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 4:58 pm

I just checked my statement and did NOT get a 7% bonus on my 50,000 original bonus.

I sent a secure message inquiring about this and the customer service rep stated that the 7% bonus does NOT apply to a 50,000 sign on bonus points that I received.

Am I the only one who was unlucky enough not to get those points?!

I only recently got the card, so I'm hoping that the points will have posted in my bonus for next year...
Old Feb 7, 2012, 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by yOyOYoo
I just checked my statement and did NOT get a 7% bonus on my 50,000 original bonus.

I sent a secure message inquiring about this and the customer service rep stated that the 7% bonus does NOT apply to a 50,000 sign on bonus points that I received.

Am I the only one who was unlucky enough not to get those points?!

I only recently got the card, so I'm hoping that the points will have posted in my bonus for next year...
I have received no email about the annual bonus. Neither has a number of my friends that all signed up at the same time. I am waiting for my Feb statement to post.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by keirnna
I have received no email about the annual bonus. Neither has a number of my friends that all signed up at the same time. I am waiting for my Feb statement to post.
I didn't get any specific email about the bonus, but on my statement, there's a section that states annual 7% bonus points, mine was a measily 3 points!!
Old Feb 7, 2012, 5:09 pm

I didn't get any specific email about the bonus, but on my statement, there's a section that states annual 7% bonus points, mine was a measily 3 points!!
Wow, that's crazy!
Old Feb 7, 2012, 5:26 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Are you a relatively new cardholder and did your 50,000 bonus points post after December 31, 2011?

Since the promotion was a 50,000 point bonus after spending $3,000, you should have at least received a 7% bonus totaling 210 points, unless much of your spending took place during calendar year 2012, in which case you won't get the 7% bonus until next year.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by dw
Are you a relatively new cardholder and did your 50,000 bonus points post after December 31, 2011?

Since the promotion was a 50,000 point bonus after spending $3,000, you should have at least received a 7% bonus totaling 210 points, unless much of your spending took place during calendar year 2012, in which case you won't get the 7% bonus until next year.
I think you're right. I am a new cardholder, my first purchase was made on 12/3/2011. I signed up for the Sapphire Preferred card under a targeted 50,000 points after FIRST purchase, so I got my 50,000 points right away.

I am hoping that I get this bonus for next year and the customer service rep was INCORRECT in telling me that I was not eligible for the 7% bonus off the 50,000 bonus points that everyone else seemed to be eligible for.
Old Feb 8, 2012, 9:33 pm

Programs: WN A-list & CP, Delta GM
When did you statement close? If in January then the 50K is counted as 2012 earning.
I think you're right. I am a new cardholder, my first purchase was made on 12/3/2011. I signed up for the Sapphire Preferred card under a targeted 50,000 points after FIRST purchase, so I got my 50,000 points right away.

I am hoping that I get this bonus for next year and the customer service rep was INCORRECT in telling me that I was not eligible for the 7% bonus off the 50,000 bonus points that everyone else seemed to be eligible for.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 5:07 pm

Programs: Marriott, SW, United
9/1/11 Signed up for 50K
11/1/11 Received bonus, no bump
2/3/12 7% bonus applied to entire account
Old Feb 9, 2012, 9:26 pm

Originally Posted by leonard016
When did you statement close? If in January then the 50K is counted as 2012 earning.
Mystery solved! You are right, January 2012 statement. I will patiently wait for the 7% bonus next year!

Love this card!
Old Feb 11, 2012, 11:28 am

Programs: AA, Delta, Continental, Emirates, BA, Virgin Atlantic, US Airways
Received 7% on bumped points as well

Originally Posted by superking
65k, read my prior post
Received the bonus on 115K not 65K
Old Feb 14, 2012, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Another one - got the 7% on everything, including the bonus and the bump.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.