Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Questions about Ultimate Rewards 7% annual bonus, awarded in February [Consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 19, 2014, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
You'll receive a 7% Annual Points Dividend on all new points earned on purchases made with your Chase Sapphire Preferred card during the previous year. ("Year" means, for your first year as a cardmember, the period beginning with your Enrollment Date through your billing cycle with a December closing date of that same year. For each year thereafter, "Year" means the twelve billing cycle period beginning the day after your billing cycle with a December closing date through your billing cycle with a December closing date of the next year.) Your 7% Annual Points Dividend will appear on your January or February billing statement. You will not earn the 7% Annual Points Dividend on new account bonus points, previous Annual Points Dividends awarded, or points transferred into your account. There is no maximum number of points that you can accumulate in the program. Bonus/Promotional offers may have a maximum accumulation. See Rewards Program Rules and Regulations which will be mailed after your account is established.
Even though the terms specify that the 7% Dividend will be awarded on the January or February statement, this has been pushed forward to March in 2014 for some accounts. See discussion beginning at post 206.
Print Wikipost

Questions about Ultimate Rewards 7% annual bonus, awarded in February [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2012, 9:02 am

Has anyone gotten the 7% end of year bonus? Looks like a lot of these should hit soon, if they haven't already...
Old Jan 28, 2012, 3:26 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, Continental, Emirates, BA, Virgin Atlantic, US Airways
Question on annual bonus

Originally Posted by aviator33
Automatically get a 7% Annual Points Dividend on all the points you've earned throughout the year – even if you've redeemed them. The more points you earn, the greater your year-end bonus.
Does anyone know what is the 7% bonus applied on? I got a 100K bonus UR points for sign up last year and spent an additional 15K. Will the 7% bonus be on 115K or on 15K?
Old Jan 28, 2012, 3:33 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by floyd777
Does anyone know what is the 7% bonus applied on? I got a 100K bonus UR points for sign up last year and spent an additional 15K. Will the 7% bonus be on 115K or on 15K?
Old Jan 28, 2012, 7:09 pm

My January statement posted and still no 7% bonus. Maybe February?
Old Jan 29, 2012, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by keirnna
My January statement posted and still no 7% bonus. Maybe February?
Did you originally get the card in January of 2011?

I think the year is by YOUR anniversary, not a calendar year.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 9:15 am

You will receive a yearly bonus of 7% of all points you earned in the previous Year.

I found this:

"....You will receive a yearly bonus of 7% of all points you earned in the previous Year....."

My wife got the 7% .... she did spent some $$$ in 2012.
I did not get (yet) the 7%. I did NOT spent any $$$ in 2012. Question: Do I have to spent some $$$ in 2012, or just wait for the next closing in February 2012?
Old Feb 2, 2012, 1:42 pm

Programs: JL JMB Diamond 1.4 MM, UA 1P 1.2 MM
Originally Posted by USAFAN
I found this:

"....You will receive a yearly bonus of 7% of all points you earned in the previous Year....."

My wife got the 7% .... she did spent some $$$ in 2012.
I did not get (yet) the 7%. I did NOT spent any $$$ in 2012. Question: Do I have to spent some $$$ in 2012, or just wait for the next closing in February 2012?
I think you just need to wait till your next statement closes. My wife's statement just closed and she got a big jump in points even though she didn't spend much in Jan. I have to assume it is the 7% bonus.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by Goosh
I think you just need to wait till your next statement closes. My wife's statement just closed and she got a big jump in points even though she didn't spend much in Jan. I have to assume it is the 7% bonus.
Thanks Goosh:
I believe you are correct! Anyway: I had not spend anything on Jan. 2012, so I just paid a little to my Chase Sapphire account.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 3:11 pm

Programs: DL PM, AA Gold, A3 Gold, WN CP, and lots of points everywhere.
From an email I received moments ago from Chase:

7% Annual Points Dividend earned: 7,xxx points

Your 7% annual points dividend has posted to your account and can be viewed on your January or February 2012 statements.
Yep, 7k+. That means those that were as lucky as I was to bump from 50k to 100k will get 7% on the entire points earned.

Also, just checked and I did not have a statement in mid-January as I hadn't spent anything in that period. The points are not showing yet in my account but very nice to see written confirmation.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by msp2msy
From an email I received moments ago from Chase:

Yep, 7k+. That means those that were as lucky as I was to bump from 50k to 100k will get 7% on the entire points earned.

Also, just checked and I did not have a statement in mid-January as I hadn't spent anything in that period. The points are not showing yet in my account but very nice to see written confirmation.
You will not get the 7% on the 50k bump, I can confirm this. The 50k bump shows up as an adjustment, while the 50K after $3000 shows up as an bonus, entirely different.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by floyd777
Originally Posted by sfgiants13

65k, read my prior post
Old Feb 2, 2012, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by superking
You will not get the 7% on the 50k bump, I can confirm this. The 50k bump shows up as an adjustment, while the 50K after $3000 shows up as an bonus, entirely different.
I can confirm no points on bump. I just got an email telling me my 7% bonus equates to 3,877 points, which is 7% of 55,385 points. That 55,385 reflects my base 50k bonus for signing up + approx $5k in 2012 spend, and does not include the extra 50k pts from bump the bonus.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 5:16 pm

Programs: DL PM, AA Gold, A3 Gold, WN CP, and lots of points everywhere.
Originally Posted by mberlew
I can confirm no points on bump. I just got an email telling me my 7% bonus equates to 3,877 points, which is 7% of 55,385 points. That 55,385 reflects my base 50k bonus for signing up + approx $5k in 2012 spend, and does not include the extra 50k pts from bump the bonus.
My email is very clear that my 7% dividend appears to be applying to bonus+bump+spend. Trust me, there's no way I accidentally earned 50k Ultimate Rewards from spending that I don't remember.

So, it seems that we are having different experiences. Not totally unexpected given the bump process.

Originally Posted by superking
Unless you got an email showing 7% on bump+bonus+spend (as I did) and then did not actually get the 7% on the bump, I wouldn't be so fast to jump to that conclusion.

See the quote above and the differing treatment between me and mberlew.

Nonetheless, it's only 3500 points we talking about here. It's nothing I'm going to get on the phone with Chase about if I don't get it.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Daggett76
It seems I also received the dividend on the points I transferred from my Chase Freedom card. Nice!
This is very intriguing. I moved some points to my wife's account as a test, but it was year, so that won't tell me anything anytime soon.

Anyone transfer points between accounts last year?
Old Feb 2, 2012, 5:43 pm

Programs: CX Silver
Originally Posted by mberlew
Wrong. My dividend is 7,717, which is including the 50K bump I got.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.