Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Points not crediting at the Ultimate Rewards Mall [Technical: OS, Browser, Cookies]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Points not crediting at the Ultimate Rewards Mall [Technical: OS, Browser, Cookies]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2013, 8:21 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus (Premier Gold); Hilton HHonors (Gold); Chase Ultimate Rewards; Amex Plat
Just confirmed with Chase customer service that my first purchase with third party cookies enabled has gone through automatically, so that was the issue.

They really need to redesign this site to use only first party cookies, or things are going to get a whole lot more difficult for their reps. Firefox is going to start blocking third party cookies by default with the next release.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 2:41 pm

Programs: AGR Executive, UA Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum, HH Diamond
I have the third party cookies enabled in Chrome and I'm still having problems with the UR Mall. It's getting difficult getting manual credit from Chase even though I'm putting my purchases on my Sapphire Preferred card. They seem to think that the problem is on my side and stress that they are making exceptions to give me the points and that they will no longer honor my requests. I really don't know what the problem is?

Very frustrating!
Old Mar 25, 2013, 6:27 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, Club Carlson Gold, National EE, *G
Originally Posted by MrChu
I have the third party cookies enabled in Chrome and I'm still having problems with the UR Mall. It's getting difficult getting manual credit from Chase even though I'm putting my purchases on my Sapphire Preferred card. They seem to think that the problem is on my side and stress that they are making exceptions to give me the points and that they will no longer honor my requests. I really don't know what the problem is?

Very frustrating!
Agreed. I and others are having the same exact issue. I guess I'll have to start using the United Mall, that seems to be working fairly well. CHASE, fix your UR mall!
Old Mar 28, 2013, 12:19 pm

Programs: Work in progress.
So...
I make a purchase of $250 through the UR mall at Retailer X, offering 1x points. I get 250 points.
But when i make a purchase of $2000, in exactly the same way, at Retailer Y offering 10x points, suddenly it's "your transaction didn't track"...

I call BS. Cartera needs to stop this nonsense.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 10:34 am

Programs: National EE, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
I discovered that having my Norton Internet Security turned off while I make the purchase through the UR mall solved 99% of my point posting problems.
Old Mar 30, 2013, 12:05 am

Originally Posted by MrChu

Very frustrating!
Originally Posted by PointsNmiles
Agreed. I and others are having the same exact issue. I guess I'll have to start using the United Mall, that seems to be working fairly well. CHASE, fix your UR mall!
Double agree! I haven't had a successful point posting/email in months and I haven't changed anything in my UR Mall purchase habits. It's quite a hassle keeping track and asking for manual credits.
Old May 2, 2013, 3:32 pm

Programs: HA, DL, UA, PC Gold, A/club Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Pl
so i've got all no blocking of 3rd parties...using chrome at work and at home and i've got mix reviews..i've also disabled ......./....... plus extensions in chrome...do all my purchases incognito and i have some that hit and some that don't..

i'm thinking it has more to do with the actual vendors...

my sears gift card purchase goes thru no problem (on same computer/settings)..but then a month later i go and buy sears microwave and i don't get the points....

i've heard all the talk of how chase/UR customer svc agents are better then other portals...but i really don't think so...i better go try chase supports social media team...
Old Jul 5, 2013, 10:23 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat, Delta Gold, SPG Platinum
I too have have been having problems and it appears to be vendor specific. Some merchants post like clockwork within 5-7 days, others not so much.

I had to manually request points a few months back for 2 purchases and was given a generic response about cookies and browser configuration (despite having had 10-15 purchases from other vendors properly credited while using the same computer/browser).

A few weeks ago I made 2 purchases from different vendors back-to-back and took screenshots of the whole process. One purchase credited within a few days, the other nothing. I sent a secure message asking about the second transaction (and attached the screenshots/receipts for both purchases, several minutes apart) and got an unhelpful response about not seeing the transaction and merchants taking up to two billing cycles to post points... I'll have to set a calendar reminder and chase these down later.
Old Jul 9, 2013, 6:46 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
Data point:

Chrome, default settings, UR mall, purchase made before Chase logged me off my account, no bonus points given. Called CSR, rep told me Chase will investigate and communicate with me via mail. Got the letter a few days later saying I did not use the Chase link, which, if I did, I would have received a confirmation of bonus points with 4-5 days of transaction posting.
Old Jul 9, 2013, 10:50 am

I had numerous issues with points not posting in the past (always using Chrome) and now I just open up a Chrome incognito window, log into Chase, click to the UR mall, make my purchase and close the window. Points post as they should, even using non-Chase cards. I highly recommend using an incognito window to eliminate any possible issues.
Old Jul 9, 2013, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by agp423
Data point:

Chrome, default settings, UR mall, purchase made before Chase logged me off my account, no bonus points given. Called CSR, rep told me Chase will investigate and communicate with me via mail. Got the letter a few days later saying I did not use the Chase link, which, if I did, I would have received a confirmation of bonus points with 4-5 days of transaction posting.
I would call them up and complain again. I had a merchant claw back points once for no apparent reason (I hadn't returned anything) and they sent me a similar form letter. When I called back the rep was kind of a jerk (tried to tell me its only a few bucks and not worth it anyway, when in reality it was thousands of points on a large purchase) but he ultimately manually credited the points.

Out of curiosity, how much have you used the UR mall? I would suspect that if you have a lot of transactions through UR you could point to your past transaction history and just say "look, I clearly know how it works, I didn't do anything wrong here . . . "
Old Jul 9, 2013, 4:04 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
I haven't used UR mall in the last few months. This is the first time since the spring, and haven't used it again since after that purchase.
Old Jul 10, 2013, 8:13 am

I've used UR mall 25 times this year. 15 purchases were with one vendor, all posted within a week; 5 with another vendor, within a week; 2 with separate vendors, within a week; 3 with other separate vendors, never posted- manually credited for 2 of them, still fighting for the last 1.
Old Jul 10, 2013, 11:59 pm

Im in the same boat. For the past few months, many of UR mall purchases have not been crediting. I'm getting SO frustrated. I spoke to a rep who was SUPER rude, and ended up hanging up on me, when I tried to explain/debate/question the T&C regarding using a non-Chase card for a purchase. I hope he gets fired. The next rep was really nice and escalated my issue. I've been communicating with someone who called me to tell me that, as a courtesy, Chase has issue me points in the past, and thusly, will not be issuing me anymore 'courtesy' adjustments. I told him I'd be happy to send my screenshots, and he said thats fine, but there is no guarantee that Chase is going to credit my missing points (and that actually, they probably won't credit them).

Its infuriating and just motivates me to not use my CSP.

I will use the Chrome incognito browser next time I make a purchase to see if that works any better. Its frustrating that I have to screenshot everything from start to finish (although, apparently the screenshots won't help me get my points).
Old Aug 25, 2013, 9:58 pm

Wanted to close the loop on my old post.

I reached back out via secure message 2+ months later for my missing credit. After an initial response saying no eligible transaction was found, I re-sent my screenshots of the process and receipts and was then finally given a manual credit.

In the end, I'm whole, but the experience was pretty frustrating and I wouldn't have chased it this far if it weren't a large purchase / reward.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.