Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Oct 18, 2013, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
[This thread is now archived.
Please continue the discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...rd-2016-a.html

[/B][/SIZE]

============================================

[/b] 50 + 5k offer for personal card. Requires MileagePlus login; redirects to https://www.theexplorercard.com/50kAFW
  • 50k miles after $3000 spend within first 3 months
  • 5k miles for adding an authorized user
  • No annual fee first year
  • No FTF
  • Each calendar year, you are eligible to receive one 10,000-mile bonus after you reach $25,000 in net purchases on your Card.

For discussion of card benefits, see the master thread in the United forum.
My math says a 50K offer. Where do the extra points come from?
The extra 5000 points come from adding an authorized user after you have been approved for the card.
Is there a business card?
Yes, and Flyertalk has a thread devoted to the business card: United business card: 50k+10k united miles
Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?
See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015-Present
Print Wikipost

[Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2014, 12:35 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, AAPlatinum
Are people still having luck getting this card for the 'first time' without a fight if they were a part of the Continental Onepass Mastercard merger/rollover? I had the SM confirming that I would still be eligible for the bonus but didn't archive it and now does not show in my Chase SM inbox because so much time has passed.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 10:46 pm

Anyone see offer at bank for 50k in past month?
Old Apr 16, 2014, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by martinplas
I recieved a postcard saying my 50000 bonus was not applicable since I have had the same card in the prior two years. Any had luck getting this rescinded ?
Unfortunately, there is not much you could do on this. Need a minimum of 24 months from your previous approval.

Based on one recent post, it seems 24 months from application are no longer enough. However, how the system is programmed, may not match with the interpretation of the SM reps.

Therefore, if we can get the exact wording on the postcard, we can then have a better picture on how the system may work.

Could you post the exact language so we can better interpret the "rules", when the "clock" started?

The community would really appreciate it.

Last edited by Happy; Apr 16, 2014 at 10:24 am
Old Apr 16, 2014, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tomprc
I think I probably applied for the card a few days too earlier than the 2-year mark -- I don't remember exactly. I sent a generic message to CS and got this response as below. What should I do now? Shall I still go ahead with my spending?
Since you have gotten the previous bonus in May 2012, then you probably had gotten the card in Apr 2012. Yes, you have jumped the gun for a couple weeks and now would cost you.

Given they have made specific reference to your previous card and the date you got the bonus, chances are, if you do not get the bonus, there is nothing to fall back on.

I do notice now Chase has added the new customer only clause even in boiler plate whenever one asks for clarification of spend requirement to earn bonus. The bank has become a lot tougher in recent months. They are looking ways to cut costs no doubt.

If the opportunity cost to meet the spend is bearable, you could go ahead to spend and see what happens. You would still get the UA miles on the spend. However given the chance of getting the 50K seems to be quite dim, may be you would just close it.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by webazoid
I applied end of March. The offer wasn't out in public view but found the branch manager (she was up helping customers) and asked her what offers they had for the United Explorer Card. She showed me the United Explorer with 50k ater 2k spend and 5k for AU. The offer's terms and conditions had just been updated March 15, 2014, so would guess the offer is still up and live at the branches.

Edit: Just looked at my paperwork, the terms were updated March 23, 2014 and I applied a few days after that.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 8:18 pm

Is this offer still available? I tried going there by both links and and can't seem to get above a 30K offer.

My current United Mileage balance is 0 if that matters
Old Apr 17, 2014, 9:26 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by OklaFlyer
I applied end of March. The offer wasn't out in public view but found the branch manager (she was up helping customers) and asked her what offers they had for the United Explorer Card. She showed me the United Explorer with 50k ater 2k spend and 5k for AU. The offer's terms and conditions had just been updated March 15, 2014, so would guess the offer is still up and live at the branches.

Edit: Just looked at my paperwork, the terms were updated March 23, 2014 and I applied a few days after that.
I just had my girlfriend apply in-branch on Saturday, so it is definitely still active. It wasn't an odd back-door method either to get the 50K, they have it printed on literature sitting on the agent's desk
Old Apr 17, 2014, 10:27 am

Damn, I'm too lazy to go in person...I may wait a month and hope for it to come up online again...or maybe I should stop being lazy. Can't figure that part out.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by martinplas
I recieved a postcard saying my 50000 bonus was not applicable since I have had the same card in the prior two years. Any had luck getting this rescinded ?
I posted my story previously. I got the same postcard and got the 50k miles anyways. (16months between applies)
Do not contact them in regards to this issue. Ask them generic questions about your card and your sign up offer and what date you have to meet the required spend by etc etc.
If they reply and give details on the 50k mile offer and spend requirements, then you can use that Secure message later to help plead your case. If it is even needed. You may still get the miles added automatically.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 5:31 pm

Programs: Hilton Plastic, Delta Silver Emeritus
Originally Posted by webazoid
Originally Posted by OklaFlyer

50K today (4/17/2014) in branch. It didn't mention the 5K for an AU, but my wife added me anyway just in case.

I couldn't get the 50K online to work in any browser so we just stopped in when we were eating out across from a branch.

The personal banker didn't know all the details of the card since not many people ask for it. I was happy to train her.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by oyouno
I posted my story previously. I got the same postcard and got the 50k miles anyways. (16months between applies)
Do not contact them in regards to this issue. Ask them generic questions about your card and your sign up offer and what date you have to meet the required spend by etc etc.
If they reply and give details on the 50k mile offer and spend requirements, then you can use that Secure message later to help plead your case. If it is even needed. You may still get the miles added automatically.
Not going to work now because it seems Chase now put in the boiler plate language in every SM reply on the inquiries about sign up bonus.

This is in the SM reply to the inquiry on the Marriott card:

Please keep in mind that all enrollment incentives are
reserved for new Marriott Rewards credit card members
only. This means we reserve the right to withhold adding
any enrollment points if you have previously received them
on the same product on a previous date.

The boilerplate is obviously a copy and paste type as it appears on 2 different SM replies.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 11:13 pm

Programs: CO Plat
Hi all,

I am in a unique situation and after spending quite some time reading different posts, i would like to get your expertise on this. Over 8+ years ago (when it was still Continental Airlines), i opened the One Plus Card, i believe that was the name of it, which probably gave me the some bonus (30k miles probably). 3 plus years ago i decided to upgrade (no bonus involved) to the UA Presidential Plus card in order mainly to gain access to the lounge. As i am not traveling anymore (cut of work budget), i decided to cancel this card (now UA presidential plus card) on November of last year. During all this time, i never received or applied for the UA Explorer card.

After this introduction, i am wondering if I could apply for the UA explorer and get the sign up bonus of 50k miles. Thanks guys again!
Old Apr 24, 2014, 4:04 am

Programs: Hilton Plastic, Delta Silver Emeritus
Originally Posted by kuwaito
Hi all,

I am in a unique situation and after spending quite some time reading different posts, i would like to get your expertise on this. Over 8+ years ago (when it was still Continental Airlines), i opened the One Plus Card, i believe that was the name of it, which probably gave me the some bonus (30k miles probably). 3 plus years ago i decided to upgrade (no bonus involved) to the UA Presidential Plus card in order mainly to gain access to the lounge. As i am not traveling anymore (cut of work budget), i decided to cancel this card (now UA presidential plus card) on November of last year. During all this time, i never received or applied for the UA Explorer card.

After this introduction, i am wondering if I could apply for the UA explorer and get the sign up bonus of 50k miles. Thanks guys again!
It's a different product. You should get the bonus.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by downluda
good news! i applied w/ the 30k link that was in my account and was approved. i logged in shortly thereafter on chase's website and sent a SM requseting to be enrolled in the 50k + $50 credit offer instead w/ the 2k spend. I got a message today saying that I have been enrolled into the new offer and to call them once i do the 2k spends for the extra 20k points. i will also get an additional 5k points for the authorized user. thanks! hope this helps someone as well
I did the exact same thing as downluda and got the exact same email. It still works!
Old Apr 25, 2014, 3:00 pm
Used to be ' simz '

Programs: Does it matter..??? It doesn't matter to them
Is it just me, or the miles from the CC spend are not taking forever to post.. earlier it used to post the day after the statement date.. last 2 months it took 3-4 days.. and this time it's been over a week, but no miles on account..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.