Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Oct 18, 2013, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
[This thread is now archived.
Please continue the discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...rd-2016-a.html

[/B][/SIZE]

============================================

[/b] 50 + 5k offer for personal card. Requires MileagePlus login; redirects to https://www.theexplorercard.com/50kAFW
  • 50k miles after $3000 spend within first 3 months
  • 5k miles for adding an authorized user
  • No annual fee first year
  • No FTF
  • Each calendar year, you are eligible to receive one 10,000-mile bonus after you reach $25,000 in net purchases on your Card.

For discussion of card benefits, see the master thread in the United forum.
My math says a 50K offer. Where do the extra points come from?
The extra 5000 points come from adding an authorized user after you have been approved for the card.
Is there a business card?
Yes, and Flyertalk has a thread devoted to the business card: United business card: 50k+10k united miles
Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?
See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015-Present
Print Wikipost

[Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2012, 10:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CFFrost
I tried PDF, JPEG, DOC, DOCX, PNG . . .

I usually am pretty good at technology, too. Go figure.
PDF or PNG should work.

I dont know about DOC or DOCX - because they require Microsoft's software which may or may not be installed in the system the Chase reps use.

However your issue is the Chase system would not even accept your attachment - that is quite strange considering nobody seems to have such issue except at work due to security blocking.

May be your own computers have security setting that is causing this type of errors.
Old Apr 3, 2012, 11:13 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Happy
PDF or PNG should work.

I dont know about DOC or DOCX - because they require Microsoft's software which may or may not be installed in the system the Chase reps use.

However your issue is the Chase system would not even accept your attachment - that is quite strange considering nobody seems to have such issue except at work due to security blocking.

May be your own computers have security setting that is causing this type of errors.
do you lose the united miles if i close the card when annual fee kicks in?

what is good with advantage mile is close the citi aadvantage card but keep the miles.

thanks for any answer
Old Apr 3, 2012, 11:31 pm

I think inititing this $50 statement credit pm voided out my club passes to arrive "after account opening." I'm positive I applied for the offer to initate club passes to arrive around 8 to 10 weeks after account opening and upon 1st anniversary. I checked the T&C at least 4 times before submitting my app details (and yes, I completely cleared my cache/cookies and reset modem that day as I did a 5 card apporama). Unfortunately I only made a screen print of the splash page and not the T&C's which doesn't indicate the club passes to arrive after account opening (just the " * " to refer to T&C's).

Also upon initating the card activation the rep even stated I would get them sometime when I'm gone in China around June. However, Today, all reps are telling me I never applied for such offer and I must wait for the anniversary. Coincidentally these rules seemed to have changed after pm'ing for the statement credit match.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 6:56 am

The offer letter that was posted here early doesn't indicate the united club passes. I can't say I'm upset if that's the case though. I intend on only using my miles to fly internationally in biz and above, so thoes tickets will auto-grant lounge access, and flying 2 - 3 hours for US destinations, the lounge seems overkill (especially since DCA isn't gangbusters crazy)
Old Apr 4, 2012, 7:19 am

Asked for the extra $50 added to the Explorer card I applied and 3 days later, no reply through SM. Asked for the bump for extra 10k since I opened Chase Ink Bold several weeks ago, and got the denial SM....

Honoring within 90 days rule sure doesn't apply to me
Old Apr 4, 2012, 7:20 am

If anyone needs it, here's a screenshot of the T/Cs that say you should get your passes on account opening.

Old Apr 4, 2012, 7:53 am

Programs: aa
Originally Posted by scwam
I think inititing this $50 statement credit pm voided out my club passes to arrive "after account opening." I'm positive I applied for the offer to initate club passes to arrive around 8 to 10 weeks after account opening and upon 1st anniversary. I checked the T&C at least 4 times before submitting my app details (and yes, I completely cleared my cache/cookies and reset modem that day as I did a 5 card apporama). Unfortunately I only made a screen print of the splash page and not the T&C's which doesn't indicate the club passes to arrive after account opening (just the " * " to refer to T&C's).

Also upon initating the card activation the rep even stated I would get them sometime when I'm gone in China around June. However, Today, all reps are telling me I never applied for such offer and I must wait for the anniversary. Coincidentally these rules seemed to have changed after pm'ing for the statement credit match.
You are being given wrong information. See the offer details here
https://www.theexplorercard.com/disc...ein_60k50.aspx

They mention that you receive 2 passes after opening and every anniversary thereafter.

The plain 50k offer has the same wording
https://www.theexplorercard.com/disc...urein_60k.aspx
Old Apr 4, 2012, 8:02 am
Suspended

got approved for this card but it is not showing in my CHASE online account.

normally you see approved cards online right away
Old Apr 4, 2012, 8:07 am

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
Originally Posted by jimmy1
got approved for this card but it is not showing in my CHASE online account.

normally you see approved cards online right away
No, it takes 1-2 days after approval.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 9:02 am

Originally Posted by txrose86
I sent a SM on Friday and was also told they'd get back to me in 3-5 days.
Just heard back:

Thank you for your recent inquiry on your MileagePlus Explorer credit card account.

As you requested, I have applied a $50.00 statement credit to your account. You will see this adjustment on your next billing statement.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by Happy
PDF or PNG should work.

Yea, I only tried DOC / DOCX after everything else failed. Tried again this morning with a PDF (again) and once again got an error message, then as I began typing out my message to say "I attempted to attach . . . " rather than "I attached . . . " I tried one more time, and sure enough it worked. Go figure! Now I will just wait to find out what happens . . .

Thanks for all the help!
Old Apr 4, 2012, 10:21 am

I applied for this card yesterday and got the "further review" page. I checked application status this morning using the automated phone system and it told me I was approved with a credit limit of $3,400. Before applying for this card I had 5 Chase credit cards: 1 business and 4 personal. HTH

Edit to add: I have never had to call Chase reconsideration line to move credit around, but it seems this card may be the last one for me to go through without reconsiderations.

Last edited by michael_v; Apr 4, 2012 at 10:27 am
Old Apr 4, 2012, 12:24 pm

Just got the 3-5 day message. We'll see what happens . . .
Old Apr 4, 2012, 3:17 pm

After getting the 3-5 day message over the weekend, I just received confirmation that they will be posting the $50 credit. I was also able to do this for a $75 credit on the Hyatt card. Thanks FT community!
Old Apr 4, 2012, 3:18 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by michael_v
I applied for this card yesterday and got the "further review" page. I checked application status this morning using the automated phone system and it told me I was approved with a credit limit of $3,400. Before applying for this card I had 5 Chase credit cards: 1 business and 4 personal. HTH

Edit to add: I have never had to call Chase reconsideration line to move credit around, but it seems this card may be the last one for me to go through without reconsiderations.
whats the chase automated line for app status?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.