Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit

Wikipost is Locked  
Old Oct 18, 2013, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
[This thread is now archived.
Please continue the discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...rd-2016-a.html

[/B][/SIZE]

============================================

[/b] 50 + 5k offer for personal card. Requires MileagePlus login; redirects to https://www.theexplorercard.com/50kAFW
  • 50k miles after $3000 spend within first 3 months
  • 5k miles for adding an authorized user
  • No annual fee first year
  • No FTF
  • Each calendar year, you are eligible to receive one 10,000-mile bonus after you reach $25,000 in net purchases on your Card.

For discussion of card benefits, see the master thread in the United forum.
My math says a 50K offer. Where do the extra points come from?
The extra 5000 points come from adding an authorized user after you have been approved for the card.
Is there a business card?
Yes, and Flyertalk has a thread devoted to the business card: United business card: 50k+10k united miles
Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?
See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015-Present
Print Wikipost

[Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit

Old Mar 31, 2012, 9:20 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by JohnnyT
Existing Mileage Plus Visa cardholders are eligible. I have one and got this last week, and confirmed for the 50k miles at first spend. Also, the CSR said the miles should be in my account within a month.

Sending Chase a SM now - Thanks OP

*first post! - hey*
Are you sure about existing MileagePlus Visa cardholders being elgible?
Old Mar 31, 2012, 10:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by quixx23
Just applied for the 60K offer (did it after logging into my Mileage Plus accounted on united.com) and got "Decision Pending." I think I'll approved based on my credit history and my relatively light existing credit limit with Chase.

Is it worth calling the reconsideration line now? Or wait and see what answer I get in the mail, before I do anything else?
I also had decision pending, and I called the reconsideration number the next day to get it approved. So yeah, I would recommend calling tomorrow.
Old Mar 31, 2012, 11:44 pm

Programs: JL JMB Diamond 1.4 MM, UA 1P 1.2 MM
Sent in SM for 2 separate accounts. Got the $50 on one account within an hour. Got a "will get back to you within 5 days" on the other. YMMV.
Old Apr 1, 2012, 1:14 am
In memoriam

Helped a friend apply for this today. Couldn't get the 60K offer using firefox or explorer--presumably because of the cookies in each.

Switched to chrome and up it popped, 60K. A quick screen shot and app is on its way.
Old Apr 1, 2012, 11:29 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, a bunch of junk on a bunch of airlines
Originally Posted by biggestbopper
Helped a friend apply for this today. Couldn't get the 60K offer using firefox or explorer--presumably because of the cookies in each.

Switched to chrome and up it popped, 60K. A quick screen shot and app is on its way.

Yup, good call. In my last post I forgot to mention that I was only getting the 40K offer, but then switched to another browser, logged into united.com using that, and then was able to get the offer.
Old Apr 1, 2012, 4:24 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1MM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold/SVN 3 Star Elite, ICG Plat Ambassador
Can anyone post a freestanding link for the 60K bonus? I have an existing MP Visa Signature card and so when I log on to my mielage plus account there is no promo to apply for the Explorer. I am also awaiting a response to an SM clarifying wheter or not I will be able to get the 50K on the new card and keep )(or not) my existing one.

Thanks in advance...
Old Apr 1, 2012, 4:48 pm

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by psfcfa
Can anyone post a freestanding link for the 60K bonus? I have an existing MP Visa Signature card and so when I log on to my mielage plus account there is no promo to apply for the Explorer. I am also awaiting a response to an SM clarifying wheter or not I will be able to get the 50K on the new card and keep )(or not) my existing one.

Thanks in advance...
I don't think that's possible. This is a semi-targeted offer so to speak. Did you try logging into your United account and then clicking on the OP's link in a new window?

EDIT: I posted this process earlier, What I did was use the 2nd link posted, signed in, closed out of that window since it's only the 60k offer (no $50), then clicked the link in the OP. There's probably a less complicated way to do it, but I couldn't find another way.
Old Apr 1, 2012, 7:40 pm
Suspended

the link shows 40k only. how do i get the 60k bonus? and can someone tell me if i can use it for UNITED flights only and how many domestic flights is 60k?

is it good like the ADVANTAGE MILES ?

thanks

update
I just opened (enrolled) a united mileage account online and clicked on the card link, it says 50k bonus miles after first purchase, and if you spend $25k in a year, i get 10k bonus miles on top of that.
How do you guys get 60k bonus miles after first purchase?
i don't spend $25k a year to get the 10k additional miles.
thanks

Last edited by jimmy1; Apr 1, 2012 at 7:52 pm
Old Apr 1, 2012, 8:00 pm

Regarding my SM for the $50 credit, Chase said they'd get back to me in 3-5 days. Curse all of you who got the credit right away!
Old Apr 1, 2012, 8:16 pm

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by jimmy1
How do you guys get 60k bonus miles after first purchase?
i don't spend $25k a year to get the 10k additional miles.
thanks
There is no offer with 60k 1st purchase. Only 50k and 10k after you spend 25k during the year.
Old Apr 1, 2012, 10:00 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by longhorn11
There is no offer with 60k 1st purchase. Only 50k and 10k after you spend 25k during the year.
i can use it for UNITED flights only or there are other united partner airlines like AMERICAN AIRLINES does ? how many domestic roundtrip flights is 60k?

is it good like the ADVANTAGE MILES ? like you know good for american airlines and its partner airlines, hotel stays, car rentals?
Old Apr 1, 2012, 10:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jimmy1
i can use it for UNITED flights only or there are other united partner airlines like AMERICAN AIRLINES does ? how many domestic roundtrip flights is 60k?

is it good like the ADVANTAGE MILES ? like you know good for american airlines and its partner airlines, hotel stays, car rentals?
You will find the answers to all your questions by going to United website and read about "Redeem Miles".

Do some homework on your own by reading up the readily available information - far better than asking many questions that you can find answers simply by reading up on United website.
Old Apr 1, 2012, 10:19 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Who do we send an SM to (i.e. which department)? The rewards area says their not the ones responsible.
Old Apr 2, 2012, 12:12 am

Originally Posted by mabramovich
Regarding my SM for the $50 credit, Chase said they'd get back to me in 3-5 days. Curse all of you who got the credit right away!
No need to curse, most likely you are getting the 3-5 days message because it's the weekend
Old Apr 2, 2012, 5:04 am

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mabramovich
got the same response from chase.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.