Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Oct 18, 2013, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
[This thread is now archived.
Please continue the discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...rd-2016-a.html

[/B][/SIZE]

============================================

[/b] 50 + 5k offer for personal card. Requires MileagePlus login; redirects to https://www.theexplorercard.com/50kAFW
  • 50k miles after $3000 spend within first 3 months
  • 5k miles for adding an authorized user
  • No annual fee first year
  • No FTF
  • Each calendar year, you are eligible to receive one 10,000-mile bonus after you reach $25,000 in net purchases on your Card.

For discussion of card benefits, see the master thread in the United forum.
My math says a 50K offer. Where do the extra points come from?
The extra 5000 points come from adding an authorized user after you have been approved for the card.
Is there a business card?
Yes, and Flyertalk has a thread devoted to the business card: United business card: 50k+10k united miles
Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?
See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015-Present
Print Wikipost

[Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2013, 3:00 pm

Programs: Ex CO/ UA Gold, Hotels.. TBD
This is what I got. Is this normal?

Thank you for applying.We need to review your application to make a decision.

Here's what you can expect:

Our goal is to notify you in writing within 10 days; however, in some circumstances it may take up to 30 days.
If we approve your application, we'll send your card and other important information in the mail.
Please do not resubmit this application.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 3:02 pm

Programs: Ex CO/ UA Gold, Hotels.. TBD
Duplicate post!
Old Nov 18, 2013, 4:44 pm

Programs: Krisflyer PPS Club, BA Silver, Marriott Gold
How long before UA miles post after statement closes on MP Explorer card?

Hi all,

My Chase United MP Explorer statement just closed and I was wondering how long before the miles post? Also, if min. spend was met in the last couple of days before statement close, can I request sign-up bonus miles to be posted even if technically, they usually post after the next statement closes in such situations?

Thanks!
Old Nov 18, 2013, 8:31 pm

data point

cancelled personal UA explorer card 8 months ago
received Hyatt card and Fairmont card in last 60 days
applied last night for UA explorer card using links in wiki and got further consideration needed message

called recosideration line tonight and moved 10k credit from business card to secure new personal UA explorer. asked about bonus details and was told 5k for additional user and 50k after $1k spend.

chase cards currently held

business
2x plus, UA Explorer

personal
BA, Sapphire, Hyatt, Fairmont, and now UA Explorer

fear that I may be chased out for a while now. ymmv
Old Nov 18, 2013, 8:43 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by g8trgr8t
cancelled personal UA explorer card 8 months ago
received Hyatt card and Fairmont card in last 60 days
applied last night for UA explorer card using links in wiki and got further consideration needed message
Please report back if the 50k actually posts. (The rep will tell you that's the bonus, without knowing if you'll actually be ruled a previous cardholder or not.)
Old Nov 19, 2013, 1:53 am

Hi everyone, I hope you can help me out with this one.

I was using google chrome with 2 tabs open.

One tab was an application for the Chase Sapphire Preferred

Second tab was for this United Explorer promotion. I enrolled in the United MP program this evening for the first time and then followed the wiki.

I filled both applications and hit submit on the Sapphire first and was instantly approved for $13k

Then within seconds I hit submit for the United Explorer card and received

"Thank for your application, Watch your mailbox; we'll contact you within 7 to 10 days to let you know what we've decided. If we approve your application, we'll also send your card and other important information in the mail. Please note that, in some circumstances, it can take up to 30 days to reach a decision. There's no need to resubmit your application; we'll contact you as soon as we can."

I only have a Freedom card (2011) with Chase $3k limit as well as a checking account.

FICO score is 752 as of 10/15/2013 (surprising as I thought it would be higher)

Amex Gold Premier February 2013
Barclays NFL card Late 2012 $7K
Bank Of America Platinum Visa 2005 $300 then increased automatically $1500 in 2008

I never missed a payment and I always pay on time, in full. Barclays card is hardly used, Bank Of America card hasn't been touched since 2012.

I was surprised to receive that message from chase regarding the United Mileage card because I thought I would be approved instantly like the other cards.

I really would like the United Explorer card. Any advice on how I can get approved? I dont need $13k for my sapphire preferred.

Thank you.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 4:57 am

Originally Posted by emilyk
Hi everyone, I hope you can help me out with this one.

I was using google chrome with 2 tabs open.

One tab was an application for the Chase Sapphire Preferred

Second tab was for this United Explorer promotion. I enrolled in the United MP program this evening for the first time and then followed the wiki.

I filled both applications and hit submit on the Sapphire first and was instantly approved for $13k

Then within seconds I hit submit for the United Explorer card and received

"Thank for your application, Watch your mailbox; we'll contact you within 7 to 10 days to let you know what we've decided. If we approve your application, we'll also send your card and other important information in the mail. Please note that, in some circumstances, it can take up to 30 days to reach a decision. There's no need to resubmit your application; we'll contact you as soon as we can."

I only have a Freedom card (2011) with Chase $3k limit as well as a checking account.

FICO score is 752 as of 10/15/2013 (surprising as I thought it would be higher)

Amex Gold Premier February 2013
Barclays NFL card Late 2012 $7K
Bank Of America Platinum Visa 2005 $300 then increased automatically $1500 in 2008

I never missed a payment and I always pay on time, in full. Barclays card is hardly used, Bank Of America card hasn't been touched since 2012.

I was surprised to receive that message from chase regarding the United Mileage card because I thought I would be approved instantly like the other cards.

I really would like the United Explorer card. Any advice on how I can get approved? I dont need $13k for my sapphire preferred.

Thank you.
You will get the pending message when you apply more than 1 Chase cards at the same time, for most people even within 90 days. Call the reconsideration line at 888-245-0625 and see if they could approve your pending application.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 5:07 am

Programs: AS MVP
Call Chase reconsideration, tell them you need two different cards to keep expenses separate. Be prepared to ask them to move some of the 13K to the United card.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 7:23 am

I've read in this thread that the club passes are linked to the card so you can show your card instead of bringing the CC-sized paper passes they mailed you. However, if you cancel the card, can you still use them to get access?

My AF is coming up and want to close the account but I haven't used the passes yet.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by KennyBSAT
Call Chase reconsideration, tell them you need two different cards to keep expenses separate. Be prepared to ask them to move some of the 13K to the United card.
I applied at 12:50am Tuesday. Should I wait 24 hours (Wednesday) before calling or call today?

When I call the reconsideration line 1-888-245-0625 (thxn summerdayshopping) should I wait for them to offer to separate the limit on my Sapphire Preferred $13k or should I just tell right off the bat that I wan to keep my expenses separate and please take some of the limit from my Sapphire to approve the United explorer card.

Will the associate over the phone know immediately that the application was for the current offer on this thread wiki or should I confirm it with them?

Sorry for the many questions. I've never called the reconsideration line at chase.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 3:25 pm

Wow! How odd. I called the reconsideration line and the rep told me there was no record of a second application for the UA Explorer card. He only saw the Sapphire Preferred which was approved. He stated this could me 1 of 2 things:

My ss# was incorrect so I might have mis keyed it.
There was a computer glitch.

He wanted to make sure so he dug around for about 5 more minutes and confirmed nothing was submitted. He then asked what message I recevied after I submitted my application and I stated verbatim (I took a snapshot) and he confirmed that is the messege I would've received. So he recommended that I make a second attempt and apply again.

Thats the updat so far. Any insight would be appreciated.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 4:41 pm

Programs: AS MVP
Originally Posted by emilyk
I applied at 12:50am Tuesday. Should I wait 24 hours (Wednesday) before calling or call today?

When I call the reconsideration line 1-888-245-0625 (thxn summerdayshopping) should I wait for them to offer to separate the limit on my Sapphire Preferred $13k or should I just tell right off the bat that I wan to keep my expenses separate and please take some of the limit from my Sapphire to approve the United explorer card.

Will the associate over the phone know immediately that the application was for the current offer on this thread wiki or should I confirm it with them?

Sorry for the many questions. I've never called the reconsideration line at chase.
Call now, play it by ear, and be ready to offer to split up the CL. You can confirm the bonus but I would wait until activation for that. The goal right now is approval. Good luck!
Old Nov 19, 2013, 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
Please report back if the 50k actually posts. (The rep will tell you that's the bonus, without knowing if you'll actually be ruled a previous cardholder or not.)
will do. the 5k bonus for added user should be first to post and if it does then I will do spend.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 7:02 pm

Have Amazon, Freedom, Hyatt, and BA cards along with an Ink Bold. Last time I had a Chase app was 12/12, and I had to move credit around to open a new card. Figured I was just about maxed out with Chase. Applied in a branch two weeks ago for the 50k offer (couldn't get the offer to show online), expecting to have to close one of the older cards, which would have been no problem. Instead they approved me instantly with a 20k line of credit (slightly more than all the other Chase cards combined). Has anyone had a similar experience getting a much larger line of credit than usual when applying for cards in person?

Sent a SM to match the $50 statement credit and it posted within a day.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 9:50 pm

I got the UA card in early August and added an authorized user, but I didn't make the purchase using the added card within the first 3 months. I thought the first purchase was for the primary card. Can I still get the 5k miles?

Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.