FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chase | Ultimate Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards-722/)
-   -   [Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1330475-limited-availability-ua-mp-explorer-up-55k-possible-50-stmt-credit.html)

ASUDan130 Oct 2, 2015 1:03 pm

Is there anyway once the min spend is hit to get the points to reflect in the account quickly or do you just have to wait out the billing cycle?

Bob Cox Oct 2, 2015 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by ASUDan130 (Post 25509581)
Is there anyway once the min spend is hit to get the points to reflect in the account quickly or do you just have to wait out the billing cycle?

Several years ago, I got the bonus for my Explorer card posted to my UA balance quickly by calling and having the billing date of my card moved up to the next day. The Chase rep didn't KNOW that would work, but it did. Still took a few days to make it over to United, though.

ASUDan130 Oct 2, 2015 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by Bob Cox (Post 25510030)
Several years ago, I got the bonus for my Explorer card posted to my UA balance quickly by calling and having the billing date of my card moved up to the next day. The Chase rep didn't KNOW that would work, but it did. Still took a few days to make it over to United, though.

That is a great idea! I will give that shot see if that speeds it up. Thanks!

Meilenmann Oct 16, 2015 8:58 am

Targeted Chase United MileagePlus 50,000 Miles Offer With $50 Statement Credit

Targeted Chase United MileagePlus 50,000 Miles Offer With $50 Statement Credit

50K miles, 5K for AU, AF waived the first year and a $50 statement credit after your first purchase.

dublin487 Oct 19, 2015 10:00 am

Hi all,

Tried searching for this answer but was unsuccessful, apologies if I missed it.

If you complete the $25K in calendar year spending but then cancel before the 10k bonus miles post, will you still get them?

Thanks

Meilenmann Oct 19, 2015 10:29 am

Originally Posted by dublin487 (Post 25585849)
Hi all,

Tried searching for this answer but was unsuccessful, apologies if I missed it.

If you complete the $25K in calendar year spending but then cancel before the 10k bonus miles post, will you still get them?

Thanks

To be safe, you should at least wait until the statement closes after you hit $25K. They post when the statement closes after you hit the $25K, not at the end of a year.

dublin487 Oct 19, 2015 11:54 am

Originally Posted by Meilenmann (Post 25585978)
To be safe, you should at least wait until the statement closes after you hit $25K. They post when the statement closes after you hit the $25K, not at the end of a year.

Thanks, yeah, the issue is I have until the end of this month to cancel if I want to get the annual fee back and my next statement won't close until mid-Nov...

Hmm...

ylord789 Oct 20, 2015 11:14 pm

UA Chase 50K bonus back. How can I correct wrong info with TU?

[Moderator note: The Business card offer of 50K has been around for awhile and has it's own thread.]

This is the link:

https://www.theexplorercard.com/Business50kAFW

Get 50,000
Bonus Miles
after you spend $2,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open*
The Explorer Card for Small Business
Make business expenses add up to vacations.

TU got my address wrong, how should I correct it?

garykung Oct 21, 2015 6:56 am

1. The correct link for personal card is as follow:

https://www.theexplorercard.com/50kAFW

2. See here for TU's procedure:

https://www.transunion.com/personal-...justments.page

At the minimum, you must have an active report in order to fix issues.

bobert24 Oct 29, 2015 7:23 am

I've been trying for about a year and a half to pick up a UA card with a 50k bonus. But no matter what I do, I can't seem to qualify for anything more than 30k. My flights with US are admittedly limited (probably less than a half dozen in the past 5 years), so I'm guessing I just may not be their target audience. Any tips on finding a 50k offer that will work? I need to do a personal card, as I'm pretty sure I'm maxed out on Chase business cards at the moment.

EtoileFilante Oct 29, 2015 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by bobert24 (Post 25632672)
I've been trying for about a year and a half to pick up a UA card with a 50k bonus. But no matter what I do, I can't seem to qualify for anything more than 30k. My flights with US are admittedly limited (probably less than a half dozen in the past 5 years), so I'm guessing I just may not be their target audience. Any tips on finding a 50k offer that will work? I need to do a personal card, as I'm pretty sure I'm maxed out on Chase business cards at the moment.

I'm in the same boat, and curious to hear if there's a way to solve this (and get the 50k personal card).

pallhedge Oct 30, 2015 7:24 am

Originally Posted by bobert24 (Post 25632672)
I've been trying for about a year and a half to pick up a UA card with a 50k bonus...

The 50k offer was publicly available for an entire month this past May. Why didn't you pull the trigger then?

psychoandy Oct 31, 2015 1:14 pm

anyone know when the 1K statement credit hits? i was 1k at the beginning of the year, first got the card this march but don't recall getting the credit. prior FT threads from 2013 mentioned April, but I haven't been able to find anything.

the UA elite website says "Credit will be posted once a year, in the second calendar quarter. Limit one per member. Eligibility for credit is based on Premier status at time of posting."

Quarantine Oct 31, 2015 8:50 pm

I received a targeted offer for 50k and applied, but unfortunately, got a decision pending notice: "We'll let you know our decision in writing as soon as we can. If we approve your application, you'll receive your card in the mail in 7-10 business days."

I've heard that you're not supposed to call in for UR-earning cards, but what about co-branded cards like UA?

ninim2200 Nov 1, 2015 1:20 am

Originally Posted by Quarantine (Post 25644562)
I received a targeted offer for 50k and applied, but unfortunately, got a decision pending notice: "We'll let you know our decision in writing as soon as we can. If we approve your application, you'll receive your card in the mail in 7-10 business days."

I've heard that you're not supposed to call in for UR-earning cards, but what about co-branded cards like UA?

The consensus these days not to call for any chase card.