FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chase | Ultimate Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards-722/)
-   -   [Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1330475-limited-availability-ua-mp-explorer-up-55k-possible-50-stmt-credit.html)

Happy Apr 14, 2015 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by ranjanrocks (Post 24664018)
here is my situation with UA MP Explorer card....i had this card back in 2012 when i got the 50k bonus, i closed my account on 11/13

Applied for new card in 3/15 as it has been over 24months since i got my previous bonus...my statement closed on 4/6 and i only see 5k bonus miles for adding authorized user posted to my UA account :(

Called chase and they say that i should probably receive it next statement and i should get the bonus unless i had an account open in past 2yrs.....i told them that the terms and conditions said 24months since last time i got the bonus awarded....she was a bit confused and mentioned that i should wait until next statement? I met the 2k spend well before statement closed....i am a bit worried...

Did i screw up the 50k bonus since i got the new card within 24months of CLOSING the previous account? Anyone with similar experience?

Do you know EXACTLY when your previous bonus is earned? Hint: Bonus usually is posted on Statement close date, that is the earned date.

You would need to earn that bonus in 02/2013 in order to be eligible for another bonus in 03/15 app.

Chase usually would send out a postcard if you are not eligible for a bonus. That usually comes very conveniently / inconveniently at the statement closing on the cycle when you met the spend. If you have not received such postcard, chances are it is a timing issue. With Chase you need to meet spend 7 to 10 days before statement close. If there are holidays, it may need more days still. Else it would be on the next statement. Exactly how long you have met the spend before the statement closing date?

ranjanrocks Apr 14, 2015 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by Happy (Post 24665575)
Do you know EXACTLY when your previous bonus is earned? Hint: Bonus usually is posted on Statement close date, that is the earned date.

You would need to earn that bonus in 02/2012 in order to be eligible for another bonus in 03/15 app.

Chase usually would send out a postcard if you are not eligible for a bonus. That usually comes very conveniently / inconveniently at the statement closing on the cycle when you met the spend. If you have not received such postcard, chances are it is a timing issue. With Chase you need to meet spend 7 to 10 days before statement close. If there are holidays, it may need more days still. Else it would be on the next statement. Exactly how long you have met the spend before the statement closing date?

Thanks for the reply....but, i thought the eligibility criteria is "you have not received a new card member bonus for this product in past 24months "

That will put me around 2/13 to be eligible again not 2/12. Am i missing something? I can't check when exactly i got the bonus last time...in my UA statements i can only go as far back as 12/01/2012 and i don't see the bonus posted anytime after 12/01/2012..i guess its time to start a AoR google docs sheet to keep track!

Just went back to my transactions....my statement closed on 4/6 and i hit the 2k mark on 4/2

I will probably wait until the next statement close before i freak out....

Happy Apr 14, 2015 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by ranjanrocks (Post 24665675)
Thanks for the reply....but, i thought the eligibility criteria is "you have not received a new card member bonus for this product in past 24months "

That will put me around 2/13 to be eligible again not 2/12. Am i missing something? I can't check when exactly i got the bonus last time...in my UA statements i can only go as far back as 12/01/2012 and i don't see the bonus posted anytime after 12/01/2012..i guess its time to start a AoR google docs sheet to keep track!

Just went back to my transactions....my statement closed on 4/6 and i hit the 2k mark on 4/2

I will probably wait until the next statement close before i freak out....

Sorry for the typo which I corrected it - yes 02/2013.

You met spend too close to the statement close date. You will see your bonus next statement because Chase cut off date for tally up eligible spend for sign up bonus purpose, is at least 7 days, and longer if there are holidays there.

diclemeg Apr 20, 2015 9:28 am

hi folks,
id like to get this card again..havent had it over two years... but i want the 50,000 version... i logged in and its showing me 30,000... and i dont find any targeted email.. i recall chase honors the best available offer if you ask them.. so...if i apply for the 30,000, do you think i can get the upgraded bonus? someone please advise. thanks.

ryanmcv Apr 20, 2015 10:23 am

Originally Posted by diclemeg (Post 24692198)
hi folks,
id like to get this card again..havent had it over two years... but i want the 50,000 version... i logged in and its showing me 30,000... and i dont find any targeted email.. i recall chase honors the best available offer if you ask them.. so...if i apply for the 30,000, do you think i can get the upgraded bonus? someone please advise. thanks.

Did you try these links?

http://unitedexplorercard.com/B17
http://www.theexplorercard.com/55
https://www.theexplorercard.com/50kAFW

If those don't show the 50,000 offer, then the best you can do is apply for the 30,000 offer and then request a match via secure message or telephone. Chase is usually pretty good about matching offers, but there's no guarantee.

st0ne Apr 20, 2015 11:27 pm

any working 50k+50 link? looks like all the `cell` parameter are expired right now. need someone to extract the latest `cell` parameter

bobby21 Apr 21, 2015 11:45 am

I got the united personal card 50k personal card bonus on 4/2013, and the united business card bonus on 4/2014, so can I apply now for the personal card again, or do I need to wait 1 year more as personal and business cards are treated as the same product for the 2 year rule.

MikailSJ Apr 21, 2015 11:53 am

Do we need to present our chase card if we use the one-time lounge passes? I am planning to cancel my card but I just received new club passes in the mail. Never used them before...

OklaFlyer Apr 21, 2015 12:31 pm

Wrong thread.... Sorry

ryanmcv Apr 22, 2015 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by MikailSJ (Post 24698594)
Do we need to present our chase card if we use the one-time lounge passes? I am planning to cancel my card but I just received new club passes in the mail. Never used them before...

Nope, all you need is the pass itself.

MikailSJ Apr 22, 2015 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by ryanmcv (Post 24706633)
Nope, all you need is the pass itself.

Thanks for the info!

diseased Apr 28, 2015 11:19 pm

this link shows 50k+5k for me: http://www.united.com/web/en-US/cont...e/default.aspx

GrnLantern Apr 28, 2015 11:21 pm

Originally Posted by diseased (Post 24737098)

Me too. Thanks for the heads up!

Looks like the personal Explorer card is now at 50k standard, and the business card remains 50k.

Doctor of Credit Apr 29, 2015 12:12 am

Possible to get the 55k + $50 offer simply by making a dummy booking on United site. Should show on the first page after you click search to the right a bit.

This was originally posted on my blog here.

This post contains a link to my website, I've included all the relevant information so nobody needs to actually visit it as per flyertalk rules.

st0ne Apr 29, 2015 1:05 am

Originally Posted by Doctor of Credit (Post 24737215)
Possible to get the 55k + $50 offer simply by making a dummy booking on United site. Should show on the first page after you click search to the right a bit.

This was originally posted on my blog here.

This post contains a link to my website, I've included all the relevant information so nobody needs to actually visit it as per flyertalk rules.

Thanks DoC, just applied but `Decision Pending`