Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit

Wikipost is Locked  
Old Oct 18, 2013, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
[This thread is now archived.
Please continue the discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...rd-2016-a.html

[/B][/SIZE]

============================================

[/b] 50 + 5k offer for personal card. Requires MileagePlus login; redirects to https://www.theexplorercard.com/50kAFW
  • 50k miles after $3000 spend within first 3 months
  • 5k miles for adding an authorized user
  • No annual fee first year
  • No FTF
  • Each calendar year, you are eligible to receive one 10,000-mile bonus after you reach $25,000 in net purchases on your Card.

For discussion of card benefits, see the master thread in the United forum.
My math says a 50K offer. Where do the extra points come from?
The extra 5000 points come from adding an authorized user after you have been approved for the card.
Is there a business card?
Yes, and Flyertalk has a thread devoted to the business card: United business card: 50k+10k united miles
Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?
See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015-Present
Print Wikipost

[Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit

Old Feb 17, 2015, 5:55 pm

Programs: United
Originally Posted by Happy
Try another method - do a dummy reservation, if your accounts are targeted, you will see the 50K offer popped up and stays in 50K. If it reverts to 30K that means your accounts are NOT targeted. If you are not targeted, currently there is no known mechanism to make it work.
I can confirm this after some experimenting with other methods. Just did a dummy rez, clicked on the ad and got the 50K offer/$50 credit/2K spend offer.

Immediate approval.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 1:29 am

Originally Posted by Wendigo
I can confirm this after some experimenting with other methods. Just did a dummy rez, clicked on the ad and got the 50K offer/$50 credit/2K spend offer.

Immediate approval.
Was ur acct targeted though? Or did the dummy res actually give u a 50k link that u couldn't otherwise get?
Old Feb 18, 2015, 7:46 am

Originally Posted by duranza
I was approved for the card.. it's in the mail.. but I have quite a big amount of travel expenses ( cruise and trip bookings) for later this year .
I just have to use this card and not get the best benefit from using CSP or WArrival.
I guess I have to sort out which bills to pay with this and other purchases that don't give 2pts per $ like the others for dining , travel, gas.
The first $2000 you spend on your new MP Explorer card will earn over 28pts per $ after factoring in all the bonuses. 28 > 2.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 6:15 am

I just received an offer in the mail for this card...50+5 for $2k spend in three months. The first year's fee is waived and $95 thereafter. All that's missing seems to be the statement credit. It says its invitation only at unitedexplorercard.com/92. I haven't traveled United in some time but I have about 50k points already and this offer seems as good as it gets. Is there anything better out there to use a Chase hard pull? I already have two SW credit cards, Hyatt and IHG all from Chase and I fear I'm reaching my limit. I don't think I'll keep this over a year when the fee hits next year. Thoughts?

Thanks,

Mike (Da Bears)
Old Feb 21, 2015, 4:30 pm

Programs: Dirt Status w/ All
Originally Posted by Dbears
I just received an offer in the mail for this card...50+5 for $2k spend in three months. The first year's fee is waived and $95 thereafter. All that's missing seems to be the statement credit. It says its invitation only at unitedexplorercard.com/92. I haven't traveled United in some time but I have about 50k points already and this offer seems as good as it gets. Is there anything better out there to use a Chase hard pull? I already have two SW credit cards, Hyatt and IHG all from Chase and I fear I'm reaching my limit. I don't think I'll keep this over a year when the fee hits next year. Thoughts?

Thanks,

Mike (Da Bears)
I got a similar card in the mail today, but my URL is unitedexplorercard.com/77.
* 50K points for $2000 spend in three months
* 5000 points for adding an authorized user
* 10K bonus points for $25K spend in a calendar year
* Two United Club passes each year
* No FTF
* $95 annual fee waived first year.
* Offer good until April 15, 2015.

Just yesterday I tried the /55 link in the wiki and the dummy reservation but kept getting the 30K offer. I just now ran all of the numbers from 75 to 99 and got nothing but 30K offers along with some bad URLs. Looks like you have to be targeted by account, but also know the right URL. For the record my account is only a month or two old with zero balance - I've never flown UA.

When I couldn't get a hit on this one yesterday I went ahead and applied for the Sapphire Preffered and got approved instantly with my highest limit ever from Chase. I already have a Slate, Disney, SW, and IHG. I don't like to poke Chase too often, so I think I will hold onto this offer until April 15 while hoping for something better. I don't really have a use for the miles that fast anyway.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 6:19 am

Are you saying that when logged in, if you use the url ending in /77 you get the 50k offer and every other url shows you 30k? In my experience, various url endings are just a marketing tool so the company knows what ad you are responding to. Beyond that, the functionality is the same. What you're saying--that chase is requiring a specific url to identify a targeted MP account in addition to logging in--seems like overkill to me.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 6:45 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hyatt GP, Starwood
Same for me

Originally Posted by Dbears

Thanks,

Mike (Da Bears)
Got same mailer but url ends in /76.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 10:56 am

Programs: AA Gold, Bonvoy Gold, DL Gold
Same but mine ends in /88, I only get the 50k offer with my targeted URL, the others give me 30.

This is probably the best use of the Chase HP in your situation. CSP would be the runner-up but the 40K offer is always available so get it in a year or two.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 11:18 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Just applied after making a dummy reservation on United.com...got 50K miles with a $50 statement credit. Received my last United 50K bonus about 25 months ago and closed my last United card in December. Hopefully this offer is still around when I try to do it again in another 24 months!
Old Feb 27, 2015, 5:42 pm

Programs: LFFRS BOD
Should I be spending $50 above the $2k minimum requirement to get the 50k miles?
I too applied with the $50 statement bonus.

Answering my own answer as the $50 credit now is showing my total to be $1950 plus some pending purchases.

Last edited by duranza; Mar 3, 2015 at 6:29 pm
Old Mar 3, 2015, 12:56 pm

I used the /77 link, and when I logged in I did get the 50k offer.

Instantly approved--last got the card about 2.5 years ago.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 8:12 am

How often does the 50k offer come around? I know the last time it was found widely available was Aug/Sept 2014. Does anyone have reason to believe it will pop up again in the next 2-3 months?
Old Mar 10, 2015, 10:31 am

Programs: AA Gold, Bonvoy Gold, DL Gold
You can try logging into your United account and then pricing out a paid flight and a reward flight, get all the way to the purchase screen then don't purchase. I got a 50K offer in the mail about a week after that. It may be a coincidence, but I don't think so because I almost never receive targeted offers.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 10:47 am

I've been getting targeted mail for the 50k offer for the UA Explorer card since November 2014, and finally decided it was time to grab the offer, but I wanted the $50 statement credit. As other users have described, I was able to get the offer by logging into my MP account and started the booking process. All I did was START the process (chose airports and dates), and got an ad at the top of screen for the 50k +$50 statement credit. Applied and Approved. ^
Old Mar 10, 2015, 5:55 pm

Tried everything to get 50+5k+$50 online but no go. Went in to Chase branch today and got 50+5k automatically on adding add'l user, they couldn't do a statement credit though but I'm happy with the extra miles.

Banker said the card should be here in 7-10 business days... is there any way to expedite that?

Last edited by ferric; Mar 10, 2015 at 6:02 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.