FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chase | Ultimate Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards-722/)
-   -   [Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1330475-limited-availability-ua-mp-explorer-up-55k-possible-50-stmt-credit.html)

MarkMColo Apr 5, 2012 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by jonny1 (Post 18343419)
i got approved for the UME card and will get 50k bonus, if My wife applies, can she transfer her 50k miles to mine and make it 100k miles?

or it's not transferable?

Can it also be transferred to Sapphire preferred or other cards?

No, she can't. Yes, it is not transferable. No, it can't be transferred to other programs or cards.

jonny1 Apr 5, 2012 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by MarkMColo (Post 18343426)
No, she can't. Yes, it is not transferable. No, it can't be transferred to other programs or cards.

maybe she should get the CITI THANK YOU PREMIER CARD with 50 bonus instead of this?

Farfel Apr 5, 2012 9:09 pm

Just got an e-mail with an offer of 60K miles for a United, Chase, Explorer card. Curious which is a better deal the Explorer card of the 60K with the Chase Ink Bold card. Or are they basically the same?

garkman Apr 5, 2012 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by Farfel (Post 18343883)
Just got an e-mail with an offer of 60K miles for a United, Chase, Explorer card. Curious which is a better deal the Explorer card of the 60K with the Chase Ink Bold card. Or are they basically the same?

There's a lot of knowledge on the site you can read through already, but key difference would be the Explorer card will give you UA miles/UA benefits, whereas the Ink Bold will give you UR points which you can redeem or xfer to UA, but also has some nice category spend bonuses. The 60k Ink Bold deal is also dead - it's 50k like usual now. Any more detail on the cards can easily be found on this site or Chase's.

Farfel Apr 5, 2012 10:11 pm

UR points

UR points??? Sorry I don't know all of the lingo? The rest I figured out.

AggieTraveler Apr 5, 2012 10:14 pm

Originally Posted by Farfel (Post 18344098)
UR points??? Sorry I don't know all of the lingo? The rest I figured out.

Ultimate Rewards, Chase's rewards program

TheCollector Apr 5, 2012 10:35 pm

I cancelled my Chase/United Card 6 month ago (had it for more than 5 years). Is there a chance to get the miles again?

Thanks!

DBCme Apr 5, 2012 10:45 pm

Existing (but new) cardholders may find value in the response I received from Chase today. I opened this card EOM December 2011 and requested the *$50 rebate.
*They refer to the $50 statement credit as 25,000 miles in the email :confused::confused:

Dear DBCme

Thank you for your recent inquiry regarding your
MileagePlus credit card account.

Enrollment incentives offered to new Mileage Plus
cardmembers are always changing. Chase is aware that upon
opening a new MileagePlus credit card account, you may be
resolicited for an enrollment incentive that you find more
appealing. Based on this, enrollment incentives you are
resolicited for are honored, as long as the request comes
within 90 days of opening. This account was opened in
December 2011, which unfortunately is past the 90 day
timeframe. For this reason, I regret to inform you that I
am unable to honor your request for an additional 25,000
bonus miles.

amolkold Apr 5, 2012 10:57 pm

Originally Posted by DBCme (Post 18344225)
Existing (but new) cardholders may find value in the response I received from Chase today. I opened this card EOM December 2011 and requested the *$50 rebate.
*They refer to the $50 statement credit as 25,000 miles in the email :confused::confused:

Dear DBCme

bonus miles.

Copy + paste error. But true that Chase doesn't really honor bumps outside of 90 days.

Happy Apr 5, 2012 10:59 pm

Originally Posted by DBCme (Post 18344225)

Dear DBCme

bonus miles.

The rep was confused your request with those who had the 40K (25K on first purchase, 15K after spend a boatload of $$$) and then asked to match the 60K (50K after first purchase, and 10K after spend a boatload of $$$). That is where the 25,000 miles coming from.

Regardless, the 90 days would preclude you anyway though sometimes we saw folks got lucky and still received the bump long after 90 days.

devastor Apr 5, 2012 11:26 pm

Originally Posted by wilsliu (Post 18306369)
I have had a continental one pass card since 2010. Just called chase and the csr confirmed that if I cancel my current card and apply for the new offer I would receive the bonus miles etc. Not sure if it's because my original card was a continental vs a united one.

Originally Posted by hotelmotel (Post 18321478)
Am I correct that people who have had OnePass cards converted over to Explorer are getting the sign-up bonus on a new Explorer?

I would like to confirm this can be done as well. I would like to close or downgrade my continental one pass card so I can receive the new 60K bonuses on the UMEC card.

gablaze23 Apr 6, 2012 11:25 am

Where do you guys send your PM?

I sent a PM to CHASE, under credit cards and "rewards inquiry." I keep getting "transferred to the right department."

skymatty Apr 6, 2012 12:06 pm

I sent a secure message on Sunday and got the "we've sent to the appropriate department for review" message. It also said would take 3-5 days to hear back.

Today is day 4 and just got approved for the extra $50:

"Thank you for contacting Chase about your MileagePlus
account.

We are pleased to inform you that have honored your
request and issued a $50.00 statement credit. The credit
will be reflected on your next billing statement.

If you have any further questions, please reply using the
Secure Message Center."

philemer Apr 6, 2012 2:55 pm

It took 6 days but I was finally approved for the $50 credit. :) Will post on next stmt.

freeloader Apr 6, 2012 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by philemer (Post 18348050)
It took 6 days but I was finally approved for the $50 credit. :) Will post on next stmt.

ditto me... requested sunday, got news today that i got it on the next statement. nice!