FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chase | Ultimate Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards-722/)
-   -   [Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1330475-limited-availability-ua-mp-explorer-up-55k-possible-50-stmt-credit.html)

CreditRocks Mar 30, 2012 8:46 pm

Cool, thanks for answering! So probably a dumb question, but I just need to make an account with United and sign in?

sun_aa Mar 30, 2012 9:02 pm

Thanks OP. Took a printout and attached it to a SM. I managed to get 55k+$50 for the CO card by getting a bonus for adding an authorized user too. I am going to try that next.

TorontoSingh Mar 30, 2012 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by sun_aa (Post 18306632)
Thanks OP. Took a printout and attached it to a SM. I managed to get 55k+$50 for the CO card by getting a bonus for adding an authorized user too. I am going to try that next.

Very interesting that you are able to combine 2 offers as one is the 50K AFP + $50 and the other is the 50K+5K additional user offer. If you don't mind sharing. what did you write in the secure message to get 55K + $50?

jimmy1 Mar 30, 2012 10:09 pm

this looks like a junk offer with lots of terms

"you have to have united account", you have to have some miles"

longhorn11 Mar 30, 2012 11:52 pm

Originally Posted by jimmy1 (Post 18306857)
this looks like a junk offer with lots of terms

"you have to have united account", you have to have some miles"

How is this a "junk offer" if you need to have a United account to open a United credit card?? :confused: All along this has been tagged as a semi-targeted offer with very easy requirements. Quite frankly this is an excellent offer, 50k miles with no spend requirement.

blackmamba Mar 31, 2012 8:51 am

Did anyone have any recent success with a SM?

Jerichohill Mar 31, 2012 8:57 am

I'm awaiting a response...

AsanteSana Mar 31, 2012 9:02 am

Chase responded to my SM saying that they will give me the $50 statement credit.. I am yet to see if get reflected on my account though

scwam Mar 31, 2012 9:42 am

Man, I got a notice that they will refer mine to upper mgmnt and wait 3-5 days. I used the millionmile template and wonder if that was a bad idea (too much info). I knew I should have just kept it simple.

jpgisbd Mar 31, 2012 10:39 am

Just sent a SM. Got the card in January with the 50,000 miles after first purchase. Fingers crossed.

quixx23 Mar 31, 2012 6:05 pm

Just applied for the 60K offer (did it after logging into my Mileage Plus accounted on united.com) and got "Decision Pending." I think I'll approved based on my credit history and my relatively light existing credit limit with Chase.

Is it worth calling the reconsideration line now? Or wait and see what answer I get in the mail, before I do anything else?

AsanteSana Mar 31, 2012 6:18 pm

Originally Posted by scwam (Post 18308750)
Man, I got a notice that they will refer mine to upper mgmnt and wait 3-5 days. I used the millionmile template and wonder if that was a bad idea (too much info). I knew I should have just kept it simple.

scwam: That is the message I received initially too. However, later that day, I received another message stating that I will be receiving the $50 credit

apolloms Mar 31, 2012 6:44 pm

just got the card two weeks ago, sent a SM asking for the $50.

rookie10 Mar 31, 2012 7:00 pm

Received my card the first week of Feb. just sent a SM. Let's see what happens.

LordByran Mar 31, 2012 8:13 pm

Same here, received card early last month. Sent an SM, I'll post back the reply I get from Chase about the statement credit.