Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Oct 18, 2013, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
[This thread is now archived.
Please continue the discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...rd-2016-a.html

[/B][/SIZE]

============================================

[/b] 50 + 5k offer for personal card. Requires MileagePlus login; redirects to https://www.theexplorercard.com/50kAFW
  • 50k miles after $3000 spend within first 3 months
  • 5k miles for adding an authorized user
  • No annual fee first year
  • No FTF
  • Each calendar year, you are eligible to receive one 10,000-mile bonus after you reach $25,000 in net purchases on your Card.

For discussion of card benefits, see the master thread in the United forum.
My math says a 50K offer. Where do the extra points come from?
The extra 5000 points come from adding an authorized user after you have been approved for the card.
Is there a business card?
Yes, and Flyertalk has a thread devoted to the business card: United business card: 50k+10k united miles
Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?
See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015-Present
Print Wikipost

[Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2014, 8:43 am

Looking for a screenshot of the 50,000 point offer with the $50 credit that expired 9/2/14. Anybody know where I can find one?
Old Oct 4, 2014, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by TwoShipps
Looking for a screenshot of the 50,000 point offer with the $50 credit that expired 9/2/14. Anybody know where I can find one?
I uploaded the following partial screenshots I saved when I applied. Just a note it took 2 statements before the miles credited (today). I completed the spend before the first statment.

Try http://postimg.cc/image/sruskgu07/
and
http://postimg.cc/image/vgljr3dl5/

Last edited by 2RETIREDTRAVELERS; Oct 4, 2014 at 12:27 pm
Old Oct 5, 2014, 10:38 am

Thanks crzn! Miles posted on mine, but no $50 credit. My wife got the $50 credit, but no miles. I'll give it another billing cycle and then call.
Old Oct 5, 2014, 3:22 pm

I got the $50 statement credit about 2-3 weeks ago.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 9:23 am

I can confirm that business bonus does not preclude personal bonus.

I just got my 55k after getting the business bonus less than a year ago, with that business card still open. My last personal bonus was earned more than 24 months ago, but that card was closed only a few months ago. So, at least for me, the T&C of the offer worked to the letter.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 12:21 pm

Programs: Delta GM, *G, BA Blue, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver, LHW
Happy to say that this offer is back and still really sweet.

Got a flyer in the mail today:

50k bonus after spending $2k in three months
5k bonus for adding an authorized user
10k bonus for exceeding $25k in spend.

I was directed to unitedexplorercard.com/reservations to sign up -- had to enter my MP number & password for the custom offer. Application deadline is 11/30/14, but I signed up today... missed the last one, capturing this.

Just qualified for MP Silver if it means anything (which it probably doesn't, anywhere).

Anyone else get this, or does the offer work for anyone else?
Old Oct 10, 2014, 1:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K;
Originally Posted by 318i

I was directed to unitedexplorercard.com/reservations to sign up -- had to enter my MP number & password for the custom offer. Application deadline is 11/30/14, but I signed up today... missed the last one, capturing this.

Just qualified for MP Silver if it means anything (which it probably doesn't, anywhere).

The 50k offer shows up from the United site.
Sign in and go to the Explorer card tab. Should show you the 50k offer.
At least...it does for me.
Old Oct 11, 2014, 5:51 am

Getting the flyer means you're targeted for the offer. If you would have logged in to your United account you would have seen the same offer. Also, if you would have started a booking on the website, you would have seen an even better offer: all of the above plus $50 SC.
Old Oct 13, 2014, 7:59 am

Programs: United, US Airways, Chase UR, Club Carlson, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Choice, Amtrak

Would any of you guys be able to post a screenshot of this current offer? I just got this card in the mail last week with the 30k bonus, so I sent chase a secure message about bumping me up to the current 50k offer. They said that offer expired in Sept, but I'm guessing they're referring to the public offer from Sept, and not this current targeted offer. I'm hoping a screenshot will jog their memory about the most current offer. For some reason I'm only able to see the 30k offer on the united site. I've tried logging in, not logging in, different browsers, etc. Guess I didn't make the targeted list?

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!!
Old Oct 13, 2014, 7:17 pm

OK.. So I got curious about the offer I received in the mail..

Like I mentioned before I received a targeted mailing which states 50K Miles after meeting min spending sign up by Oct 31st, cool!

I login with my MP account at: unitedexplorercard.com/earned

I also tried: unitedexplorercard.com/reservations

Once I login the offer says 30,000! Bunk!

So I dig around a bit and find the application number: 877-825 8472 I give them a ring and state that I received this offer and I'd like to sign up. The CSR says "I can only offer you 30K, different numbers have different offers, etc"

I ask for the 50K number which of course she doesn't know, and I also asked if there is a different web site or something that can offer me 50K, she can't help me there either..

Soooo it seems that this 50K offer is somewhat BS, I mean if I'm targeted how come I can't get it? Obviously my name popped up otherwise they wouldn't have sent it to me in the first place so stop being jerks and let me have it!

Anyone else have this experience?

Last edited by Phanto; Oct 13, 2014 at 7:27 pm
Old Oct 17, 2014, 8:08 pm

I got a 50K offer in the mail and it says "Apply at unitedexplorercard.com/miles by 11/30/14."

I just applied today and got a pending decision. I already have 5 personal and 1 business cards with Chase.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by joytatee
I got a 50K offer in the mail and it says "Apply at unitedexplorercard.com/miles by 11/30/14."

I just applied today and got a pending decision. I already have 5 personal and 1 business cards with Chase.
Just got approved today after calling the reconsideration line.

Now I have 6 personal and 1 business cards with Chase.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by MrAnderson14
Would any of you guys be able to post a screenshot of this current offer? I just got this card in the mail last week with the 30k bonus, so I sent chase a secure message about bumping me up to the current 50k offer. They said that offer expired in Sept, but I'm guessing they're referring to the public offer from Sept, and not this current targeted offer. I'm hoping a screenshot will jog their memory about the most current offer. For some reason I'm only able to see the 30k offer on the united site. I've tried logging in, not logging in, different browsers, etc. Guess I didn't make the targeted list?

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!!
Anyone? I may need a screenshot too.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by joytatee

I didn't receive anything targeted (I don't think) but I logged in to the address above and saw the 50k offer.

I'm Premier Silver, so maybe that had something to do with it?
Old Oct 23, 2014, 2:49 pm

Programs: AA ExP || SPG Plt || Honors Diamond || UA Silver
Not-vey-related question - have your miles from last statement been posted to your account properly these days?
I've been waiting for them showing up in my acct for almost a week... still no activity... It has been functioning properly in the past 2 years.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.