FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chase | Ultimate Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards-722/)
-   -   [Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1330475-limited-availability-ua-mp-explorer-up-55k-possible-50-stmt-credit.html)

FlyersFan617 Apr 15, 2012 3:00 am

hmm...

If I call and talk to Chase, can I get them to offer me the $50 credit before I apply for the card, or do I have to have the card in my hand to ask for the credit?

MVF Trekker Apr 15, 2012 8:29 am

Originally Posted by FlyersFan617 (Post 18395843)
If I call and talk to Chase, can I get them to offer me the $50 credit before I apply for the card, or do I have to have the card in my hand to ask for the credit?

Common sense would suggest that that you need to have applied for the card recently first before asking for an offer to be matched and it should be requested online by secure message.

Jerichohill Apr 15, 2012 8:33 am

Agreed with above. Note that my wife and I had both recently applied, we both sent SM's and we both received the additional miles and statement credit

trajectory Apr 15, 2012 8:56 am

Correcting my earlier post:
The offer is still available. This is what I did:
- login to united.com
- login to chase
- open link in post #6
- close this page
- open link in post#1
At this point the application form came up. I was using Firefox this time. The previous time with the Chromium browser I got the "Offer Unavailable" message.
With Firefox, the application got immediately approved.

compddd Apr 15, 2012 9:30 am

Originally Posted by Happy (Post 18395785)
I just tried again and it still showed up for me.

If I do not log in MP, I see the 40K with the link in first page.
After logged in, the link gives me MP benefits screen.
Close the browser of the MP benefits screen.
Click the link in first page again.
Voila, the 60K $50 showed up. Click Apply now, the pre-filled screen shows up.

Also, before I applied, I saw the old 60K on my MP home page after logged in, despite it did not always work when I clicked on it - sometimes it reverted back to 40K, sometimes it went to MP benefits. However I could always bring the old 60K back via the above steps.

Now I dont see any MP CC offer after I logged in.

But I can still get the 60K $50 come up using the above steps.

Do you even see the old 60K offer on your MP home page after you log in? If not, then I guess you are out of luck.

May be you need to first make your MP Home Page to give you at least the old 60K offer before you can see the 60K $50 offer from the link in first page.

I think the problem is that I have 0 UA miles in my account (new UA account)

sharka Apr 15, 2012 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by compddd (Post 18397140)

Running into the same problem myself as I'm trying to apply 60k card for Dad. I had sign him for UA mileage membership but he currently don't have any UA or CO mile. Tried the links that ask for UA member ID # but only showed the 40k bonus applications and not the 60k.

1)Whats the fastest and easiest (perhaps free) ways of getting at least some miles into Dads UA acct. (note: he does not have a UR acct so I can't transfer some of my points to him)

2)Or what are the chances of just applying for the 40k offer and hope they will bump it up to the 60k and $50 credit?

3)or any other ways that you can think of before the 60k offer expired--heard it maybe very soon.

Thanks

compddd Apr 15, 2012 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by sharka (Post 18399247)
Running into the same problem myself as I'm trying to apply 60k card for Dad. I had sign him for UA mileage membership but he currently don't have any UA or CO mile. Tried the links that ask for UA member ID # but only showed the 40k bonus applications and not the 60k.

1)Whats the fastest and easiest (perhaps free) ways of getting at least some miles into Dads UA acct. (note: he does not have a UR acct so I can't transfer some of my points to him)

2)Or what are the chances of just applying for the 40k offer and hope they will bump it up to the 60k and $50 credit?

3)or any other ways that you can think of before the 60k offer expired--heard it maybe very soon.

Thanks

I signed up for United Mileage dining club and going to get some UA points that way.

Million Mile Secrets Apr 15, 2012 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by sharka (Post 18399247)

Your dad does NOT need a UR account. You can transfer your UR points into dad's United account directly. That is likely the quickest way to proceed.

Folks have been able to get matched to the 60K offer, but much better if you can apply for the 60K offer directly.

sharka Apr 15, 2012 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by Million Mile Secrets (Post 18399370)
Your dad does NOT need a UR account. You can transfer your UR points into dad's United account directly. That is likely the quickest way to proceed.

Folks have been able to get matched to the 60K offer, but much better if you can apply for the 60K offer directly.

Thanks for the quick reply.
I always knew about the UR points transfer option but had mistakenly thought it was only possible between 2 existing UR accounts and never thought it was possible directly into another's United miles acct instead.

I'll do this now. Thanks again for the tip.^

compddd Apr 15, 2012 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by sharka (Post 18399822)
Thanks for the quick reply.
I always knew about the UR points transfer option but had mistakenly thought it was only possible between 2 existing UR accounts and never thought it was possible directly into another's United miles acct instead.

I'll do this now. Thanks again for the tip.^

Let us know if it works!

sharka Apr 15, 2012 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by compddd (Post 18399906)
Let us know if it works!

BUMMER,

Just did the UR transfer. Only accepted transfers in minimum blocks of 1,000pt, so gave 1000pts to Dad's United miles acct. Instantly accepted and converted and credited 1000miles to Dads acct.
Next, click on the link for the 60k offer and got the usual pic of the 60k offer with the guy holding the UA card.
Next click on to apply ----message saying system is down and try back in 24 hours??????--not sure if this means a temporary site down or if they are taking this offer out--hope not as Dad will not be happy as he already missed out on the 50k Sapph. card offer already.

Happy Apr 15, 2012 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by compddd (Post 18397140)

Huh! Why didn't you say so earlier? This issue has been discovered / discussed, including how to remedy it almost 2 months already since Jan/Feb on the old 60K thread.

Plenty of easy and low cost ways to generate a few miles. Go get a cheap bite with MP Dining program and the miles posted in 2 weeks time. Hint: in my town some Dunkin donut stores participate.

Do some homework first you would have been done long time ago.

utl567 Apr 16, 2012 4:29 am

disregard

brownie20 Apr 16, 2012 12:22 pm

interesting, the 2nd link now shows an up to 65K bonus.
50K bonus after first use and 5K bonus after first use and for adding an authorized user within 2 months of opening the acct. 10K after $25K spending.

60K + $50 statement credit still working too.

i already got a courtesy $50 credit by sending a secure message - but i might just get the 55K bonus for other family members! :)

compddd Apr 16, 2012 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by Happy (Post 18400150)
Huh! Why didn't you say so earlier? This issue has been discovered / discussed, including how to remedy it almost 2 months already since Jan/Feb on the old 60K thread.

Plenty of easy and low cost ways to generate a few miles. Go get a cheap bite with MP Dining program and the miles posted in 2 weeks time. Hint: in my town some Dunkin donut stores participate.

Do some homework first you would have been done long time ago.

I was going to spend $50 at a participating MP place and get the bonus 1,000 UA miles