FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chase | Ultimate Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards-722/)
-   -   [Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1330475-limited-availability-ua-mp-explorer-up-55k-possible-50-stmt-credit.html)

g8trgr8t Feb 13, 2013 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by PainCorp (Post 20243520)
With a quick search of a few sites, all I see are references to a 30k business card, nothing about a 50k offer for that card, but I didn't dig too deep.

thanks anyway. may have to stop by chase branch and inquire

sametoyou Feb 13, 2013 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by rxy111psu (Post 20242101)
I called again yesterday and this time a CSR told me no need to go in to a branch with two forms of ID. I just needed to answer bunch of security questions, and they will overnight the card to me. So I did it.

This morning when I called, first CSR told me the card was sent, but via regular mail. Then second CSR said no card was sent because I didn't go in to a branch with two forms of ID. If I don't do that, they will close my account. Now you know how frustrated I was, and I'm actually a JPM stock holder, both common and preferred shares.

I gave in and went to a branch, put the same exact CSR on the phone and she demanded the branch to fax in my ID, but the CSR's fax never worked (it keeps ringing but no answers). The branch manager argued a few minutes with the CSR and she finally said they will overnight the card to me. (I was like, what's the big deal.) We'll see. I'm not holding my breath...

don't worry if it is via regular mail. CHASE & CITI mails out cards real fast. but BOA takes for ever if it is via regular mail. mine took over a month.

MDtR-Chicago Feb 13, 2013 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by g8trgr8t (Post 20241409)
trying for business card and all I get is the 30k offer. suggestions???

Can only recall seeing a reference to a 50k biz card one time from a single poster who was targeted for it. Never heard of anyone actually getting it.

supergrandslam Feb 14, 2013 9:45 am

Originally Posted by PainCorp (Post 20243520)
With a quick search of a few sites, all I see are references to a 30k business card, nothing about a 50k offer for that card, but I didn't dig too deep.

Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago (Post 20243874)
Can only recall seeing a reference to a 50k biz card one time from a single poster who was targeted for it. Never heard of anyone actually getting it.

The trick doesn't work for the business card.

I can say one thing for sure that the 50K+10K offer for the business card indeed exists, I got the offer TWICE in the last one month.
And no, I won't share the info.

If you input a very obvious/straightforward web address( hint: no "UA Mileage"), you will be fowarded to the application web that requires to input PERSONAL invitation code.

The reason I won't share the info is when I did input my invitation code, my personal info was already populated on the application page, so they are truly target offer.

kevinlenane Feb 14, 2013 2:14 pm

65K Miles Bonus on Mileage Plus Explorer card sent to me via Email

http://dcfrequentflyer.com/image/43096471237

This was sent to me (new card holder) seems like a new offer but I cant be sure.

stupidzbu Feb 14, 2013 2:38 pm

I tried searching, but ...

I got the UA Club card in May 2012. It is up for annual fee in a couple of months and I am not going to renew. I want to apply for the explorer card now that I figured out how to get the 55k offer to appear, but the T&Cs have me concerned:

This bonus offer is valid only for first-time United MileagePlus Visa cardmembers with new accounts. Previous and existing United MileagePlus Visa cardmembers/accounts are not eligible for this bonus offer. Bonus miles do not count towards Premier® status.
Technically they are different products and I never received UA miles, but I would rather have some evidence that people have had both products.

My other question is .. do I cancel the Club card before applying, or does it even matter?

philemer Feb 14, 2013 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by kevinlenane (Post 20248842)

http://dcfrequentflyer.com/image/43096471237

This was sent to me (new card holder) seems like a new offer but I cant be sure.

You posted this in the US Airline card thread by mistake so I moved it over here. As you can see this is a current offer for most folks.

philemer Feb 14, 2013 2:49 pm

No need to cancel the Club card. Apply & if you have to call the recon. line you can offer to have it closed then. Bargaining chip, ya? :)

Originally Posted by stupidzbu (Post 20248976)
I tried searching, but ...

I got the UA Club card in May 2012. It is up for annual fee in a couple of months and I am not going to renew. I want to apply for the explorer card now that I figured out how to get the 55k offer to appear, but the T&Cs have me concerned:

Technically they are different products and I never received UA miles, but I would rather have some evidence that people have had both products.

My other question is .. do I cancel the Club card before applying, or does it even matter?

caGALINDO Feb 14, 2013 2:49 pm

how do you get the 55k offer to eapper

umc Feb 14, 2013 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by caGALINDO (Post 20249061)
how do you get the 55k offer to eapper

Fresh miles and change the URL for the 35k offer. Replace "30" with "50" in the URL.

stupidzbu Feb 14, 2013 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by philemer (Post 20249059)
No need to cancel the Club card. Apply & if you have to call the recon. line you can offer to have it closed then. Bargaining chip, ya? :)

Well, I bit the bullet

Problem with chase is that they will give me the card but not the bonus.

They don't auto deny you like CITI

Edit: called recon got approved for $13.5k, tried to confirm bonus, lady said that is I've never gotten miles I should get them. Will reconfirm after I get the card.

FYI: I was able to pull the 50k offer AND the club card first year free.

I cleared cache & cookies
Logged into UA
Clicked on mileage plus earning
Clicked on credit card
Clicked on explorer
Sometimes it takes you to the chase info site, sometimes it directs you to the 30k offer
Once there I changed 30k to 50k

If you click club card once the 50k shows, it will be first year free

oneworld82 Feb 14, 2013 6:20 pm

Any link to the business card version?

PainCorp Feb 14, 2013 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by oneworld82 (Post 20250205)
Any link to the business card version?

There are no sign on bonuses for the biz card.

CXtoQF Feb 14, 2013 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by PainCorp (Post 20250273)
There are no sign on bonuses for the biz card.

Not true.

PainCorp Feb 14, 2013 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by CXtoQF (Post 20250468)
Not true.

Really? I've never seen one.