FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chase | Ultimate Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards-722/)
-   -   [Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1330475-limited-availability-ua-mp-explorer-up-55k-possible-50-stmt-credit.html)

lwildernorva Sep 6, 2012 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by fdbowie (Post 19268370)
Quick question re: the card:

I have an old Onepass card from ~3years ago that I still use on a daily basis (CO logo and all). Does anyone think that I will be successful if I apply for a new Mileage Plus card (with my play being that this is a Continental branded card and that I never received warning that my credit card account would be converted to a MP Explorer card)?

You should be fine. I believe that the cutoff was July 2011. I got a CO card in May 2011 and just qualified for this card on 9/1.

Tinker25 Sep 7, 2012 7:13 am

My college son kept getting the targeted emails with 65K Explorer offer. Should he apply - it will be his 1st credit card on his own. Any success with college kids getting this card with 65K miles?
Thanks!

ThePointsCollector Sep 7, 2012 7:15 am

Originally Posted by Tinker25 (Post 19270564)
My college son kept getting the targeted emails with 65K Explorer offer. Should he apply - it will be his 1st credit card on his own. Any success with college kids getting this card with 65K miles?
Thanks!

Worth a try. 65K is 65K.

tjbrooks Sep 7, 2012 1:30 pm

Is anyone else amused by the fact the viewing of the page can contain up to seven ads for the 40K version of the card?

leftpinky Sep 7, 2012 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by tjbrooks (Post 19272597)
Is anyone else amused by the fact the viewing of the page can contain up to seven ads for the 40K version of the card?

I only see 5 :P

amolkold Sep 7, 2012 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by stunt (Post 19263500)
I apply for the aa business three weeks ago, and now I want to jump on this card and the us airway credit cards. Can I do the two browser trick for two cards I want? And if the two browser don't work will I have a problem apply for these two cards on The same day? Thanks in advance for your answer.

You can't do the browser method if there's only one card to apply for .... AA has the Visa and the Amex which are two separate products.

fdbowie Sep 7, 2012 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by tjbrooks (Post 19272597)

I also counted 7! Fantastic... YOU'RE IN!!!!

fdbowie Sep 7, 2012 9:44 pm

Originally Posted by lwildernorva (Post 19268593)
You should be fine. I believe that the cutoff was July 2011. I got a CO card in May 2011 and just qualified for this card on 9/1.

Thanks for the feedback. Just got approved and am closer to my China trip by 55K. Once I get the bonus miles, do you think that I will be safe to cancel the old CO Onepass card (I dont want them to try and let any miles expire that were earned with the CO card). Also, I have a nice limit on the CO card, any idea how amenable will they be to transfer the limit over to the new card?

Sorry for the newb questions,
FD

gnt2001 Sep 8, 2012 6:39 am

New user :)

Looking to apply for the 60K card but the only thing that pops up is the 40K.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

lwildernorva Sep 8, 2012 7:06 am

Originally Posted by fdbowie (Post 19274897)
Thanks for the feedback. Just got approved and am closer to my China trip by 55K. Once I get the bonus miles, do you think that I will be safe to cancel the old CO Onepass card (I dont want them to try and let any miles expire that were earned with the CO card). Also, I have a nice limit on the CO card, any idea how amenable will they be to transfer the limit over to the new card?

Sorry for the newb questions,
FD

Should be OK canceling the old CO card since you've had it open for three years. You could even cancel that one without concern about any effect on the miles you've earned or will earn.

Unless you're paying an annual fee for the OnePass card, however, I'd leave it open, keeping the credit line, and offer to move the credit line if you later apply for a Chase card (not just a UA card) and get declined.

lwildernorva Sep 8, 2012 7:14 am

Originally Posted by gnt2001 (Post 19276176)

The consensus on applications seems to be that you must have "fresh" UA miles in your account rather than old CO miles that transferred into UA at the time of the merger. So, if you only have the "old" CO miles, you'll need to generate some new UA miles.

Then, you've got to log on to your UA account. After logging in, use the link in post #1. You may have to click the link in post #1 more than once to see the 65K offer--my theory is that there's some sort of rotating offer that's sent but whether that's true or not, two separate clicks on the link seem to reveal the offer for some while others get it the first time around.

Silver Fox Sep 8, 2012 9:15 am

Originally Posted by gnt2001 (Post 19276176)

See post #786.

fdbowie Sep 8, 2012 9:47 am

Originally Posted by Silver Fox (Post 19276875)

+1 This is what did it for me. Thanks for posting^

FT-hss Sep 11, 2012 1:36 am

AU question.

I did not add AU at the time of application. I was under the impression I need to add it once I get approved. Am I SOL on additional 5K or is there a way to add the AU online/phone now? I don't know how... (I have the same question on the Virgin Atlantic BoA cards). Please help.

amolkold Sep 11, 2012 3:20 am

Originally Posted by FT-hss (Post 19292866)
I did not add AU at the time of application. I was under the impression I need to add it once I get approved. Am I SOL on additional 5K or is there a way to add the AU online/phone now? I don't know how... (I have the same question on the Virgin Atlantic BoA cards). Please help.

I activated a relative's card today and added an AU while on the phone. During the conversation, the rep said we'd get the 5,000 miles. Just do it when you activate the account.