Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Experiences using non-Chase card at UR Mall

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2012, 3:32 am
jk2

I had the same unpleasant experience two days ago.

As others, I used different variety of cards I used in UR mall. The transactions were always posted after 3-4 days. Recently, I made two purchases almost simultaneously at staples.com using 2 different AMEX cards. The first purchase is recorded on UR mall, the second isn't. After 5 days of no show, I send SM about requiring missing points. I got responses that points are not awarded for the purchases made with non-UR specific card (like Sapphire, Freedom, Ink, ...). Then I called Chase. The rep told me that they received a reply from corporate office who stated that you must shop with your Chase specific card. I tried to argue, that I don't see such requirement in T&C, but the rep said 'it is a rule'.
Old Apr 6, 2012, 9:32 am
akp
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Finally! I got my points!

I *finally* got a CSR at Chase who could help me out. She told me that there is no requirement to use the Chase card, and immediately posted the points that I was missing.

I sent one SM and made 4 phone calls, but I finally got my 8,333 points!

Keep trying

Anita
Old Apr 11, 2012, 10:59 am

It's definitely a hit or miss.

I just logged onto UR a few days ago and made a purchase through staples with my AMEX card (they had a $10 off $50 promotion). I gave it a try and I just got an email from Chase saying I earned bonus points!
Old Apr 13, 2012, 12:46 pm

Programs: DL, WoH
UR Mall

Just made a purchase through macys using a different card and I didn't get the points awarded. Should I just call customer service rather than sending emails back and forth?
Old Apr 14, 2012, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by ricohitman
Just made a purchase through macys using a different card and I didn't get the points awarded. Should I just call customer service rather than sending emails back and forth?
Wait. I believe the rewards may post up to several weeks later. If you call them, they will simply tell you that you didn't qualify because you didn't use a Chase card.
Old Apr 28, 2012, 8:10 am
Suspended

Programs: UA, AA, Hyatt, Marriott
Can I use other credit cards to shop through chase ultimate mall and get points?

I like ultimate reward mall but I cannot always use one sapphire prefered card. Any suggestion? Thanks!
Old Apr 28, 2012, 8:20 am

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, MileagePlus Silver & Others.
Yes. You should be able to use any Chase card without a problem and have the points post. From what other posters have reported, they've also had success with other credit cards in general (Amex being the primary alternative) and having the points post most (but not all) of the time. You may have to call Chase about missing points, however.
Old Apr 28, 2012, 8:51 am
Suspended

Programs: UA, AA, Hyatt, Marriott
Thanks, why american express is primary alternative? Can I use other chase card like united explorer? Thanks again.
Old Apr 28, 2012, 11:40 am

You can also refer to this thread.

Last edited by mia; Apr 28, 2012 at 11:53 am Reason: Remove link after merge
Old Apr 28, 2012, 11:54 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

kunk00's question merged into previous discussion same question.
Old Apr 28, 2012, 1:12 pm

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, MileagePlus Silver & Others.
Originally Posted by kunk00
Thanks, why american express is primary alternative? Can I use other chase card like united explorer? Thanks again.

I meant it is the primary alternative to a non-Chase card. Many use Amex cards that give bonus points for airline tickets, while buying said tickets through the UR Mall via a partner like Travelocity. Or Amex Open Business cards through the UR Mall for the Open Business Discounts + the UR Mall bonus points.

But yes, you can definitely use another Chase Card like the United Explorer--I do.
Old May 7, 2012, 4:28 pm

Programs: A little bit of miles and points scattered everywhere
Chase UR Mall Fail...would appreciate any advice!

So, here is my Chase UR Points Fail.

I had a purchase of $3500 to make at Dell.com. I linked through the UR mall to make the Dell purchase as I would get 5 points per dollar at Dell.com. Nice 17,500 UR points I am thinking! But, I made my purchase using an AMEX so I could get extra year warranty on the computers.

So its been 3 weeks and no points posting. I email Chase and their response is below:

"The purchase transaction made on the Ultimate Rewards Mall
is qualified to earn the bonus rewards only if the
transaction is made using the eligible Chase credit cards
(Accounts with Ultimate Rewards Program). The benefit of
bonus reward points does not apply, if a different card is
used to make the purchases."

I have only made one other purchase through the Chase UR mall actually and in that case I did use my Sapphire card, but I know from other reports that their statement is not true and that is simply not the way the referrals work anyway. They gave me 2500 points to shut up and go away, but Im pissed! What would you do?
Old May 7, 2012, 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by koctail
So, here is my Chase UR Points Fail.

I had a purchase of $3500 to make at Dell.com. I linked through the UR mall to make the Dell purchase as I would get 5 points per dollar at Dell.com. Nice 17,500 UR points I am thinking! But, I made my purchase using an AMEX so I could get extra year warranty on the computers.

So its been 3 weeks and no points posting. I email Chase and their response is below:

"The purchase transaction made on the Ultimate Rewards Mall
is qualified to earn the bonus rewards only if the
transaction is made using the eligible Chase credit cards
(Accounts with Ultimate Rewards Program). The benefit of
bonus reward points does not apply, if a different card is
used to make the purchases."

I have only made one other purchase through the Chase UR mall actually and in that case I did use my Sapphire card, but I know from other reports that their statement is not true and that is simply not the way the referrals work anyway. They gave me 2500 points to shut up and go away, but Im pissed! What would you do?
I don't know if the person that was writing you is just plain wrong or if it is actually a rule and just not usually enforced.

I can give you a specific example of when I used a Citi card with the Chase UR mall and got points.

On February 28th, I was trying to make spend on my Citi Thank You Premier. I went through Chase UR mall and purchased from Nike.com, which was offering 10x points.

The nike.com purchase shows up on my Citi statement for March 2nd.

On March 3rd, 1,160 Chase UR point showed up in my Chase account ($115 x 10).

What I would do is to call Chase. Their representatives are usually pretty on the ball. I'd also send a secure message. Doesn't hurt to do both.

Explain the situation. If they don't give you the points, try calling back again. My best guess is that you WILL be able to get your points. I'd also tell them that you know of other people who have used other credit cards on the Chase UR mall and gotten the bonus.

Good luck, let me know how it turns out!
Old May 7, 2012, 6:57 pm

When you click on the link to go to a specific merchant, there are terms stated on that page before you click "Start Shopping" and are taken to the merchant. In big letters in a blue box on the top of that screen it says "Check out with your Chase card and your extra points will automatically appear on your statement."

So, while some have reported getting Ultimate Rewards points for these purchases without using a Chase card, it seems pretty clear you must use a Chase card to get the points.

I'd try one more time with a secure message, but don't be surprised when you don't get the points.
Old May 7, 2012, 7:44 pm

Hate to say it, but the T+C's state that you have to use that Chase card when completing the transaction.

For a smaller purchase you may be able to pull a quick one, but not for 17.5k points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.