Did not get sign on bonus for Southwest

Subscribe
Hi,
I am hoping someone who had a similar situation can share their experience with me. I applied for the Southwest card with 50K bonus points after first purchase. Here is the timeline:

Applied and approved 2/9
First spending 2/20
First statement 2/23

The bonus miles didn't show up in the first statement. From what I read, everyone got their bonus points in their first statement. Called Chase and they said it can take 4-6 weeks for miles appear in the account. My question is, could it be that my first statement closing date is too close to my first spending date or the first statement closed in less than 30 days fromm the approval date so the bonus miles didn’t get credited in time?

Input from anyone with similar experience is greatly appreciated. Now I am worried that the bonus didn’t even register when I applied. Thanks in advance for all your help!
Quote: Hi,
I am hoping someone who had a similar situation can share their experience with me. I applied for the Southwest card with 50K bonus points after first purchase. Here is the timeline:

Applied and approved 2/9
First spending 2/20
First statement 2/23

The bonus miles didn't show up in the first statement. From what I read, everyone got their bonus points in their first statement. Called Chase and they said it can take 4-6 weeks for miles appear in the account. My question is, could it be that my first statement closing date is too close to my first spending date or the first statement closed in less than 30 days fromm the approval date so the bonus miles didn’t get credited in time?

Input from anyone with similar experience is greatly appreciated. Now I am worried that the bonus didn’t even register when I applied. Thanks in advance for all your help!
It's quite possible your first purchase didn't post before the statement cut, did you have a balance on the statement?

You can always call Chase CS and confirm the bonus with them instead of playing the waiting game.
I Just got my first SW card, the miles didn't post for me until I'd paid my first month's bill. I actually did a "one-time payment" because otherwise I would have had to wait another 3 weeks for the auto-withdraw to take the $. Miles were posted a day or two after I initiated the one-time payment.
I wouldn't worry you're the first person they're trying to screw over. They have plenty of money and plenty of miles...
Chase's customer service is pretty darn good. Send them an email over their 'secured messages'. They will get you straightened out.
Thanks for the advise. The points for my purchase did show up on the statement and got credited to my Southwest account. Only the bonus points are not showing up in both the statement and the Southwest account. So, I thought that was a bit odd. The bonus points should show up if the spending points are already showing. Anyway, called Chase and they said it can take 4-6 weeks. Will have sit tight and wait.
Quote: Thanks for the advise. The points for my purchase did show up on the statement and got credited to my Southwest account. Only the bonus points are not showing up in both the statement and the Southwest account. So, I thought that was a bit odd. The bonus points should show up if the spending points are already showing. Anyway, called Chase and they said it can take 4-6 weeks. Will have sit tight and wait.
I wouldn't worry too much. I was in a similar situation with my Chase Marriott Premier. The spend points posted after the first statement printed but the 70K bonus points posted after the second statement due to my first spend being close to end of the first cycle. My United Explorer card 50K miles that I got last month didn't post either and will post after the second statement (March 1st) according to Chase due to the same reason.
Quote: I wouldn't worry too much. I was in a similar situation with my Chase Marriott Premier. The spend points posted after the first statement printed but the 70K bonus points posted after the second statement due to my first spend being close to end of the first cycle. My United Explorer card 50K miles that I got last month didn't post either and will post after the second statement (March 1st) according to Chase due to the same reason.
Thanks for sharing your experience! I hope my case will end up like yours.