Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

New Chase Ink Bold reward structure + no foreign transaction fee

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Chase Ink Bold reward structure + no foreign transaction fee

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2012, 7:56 am
In memoriam

I have and old and new Ink Bold. Got a US Mail solicitation from Chase for an Ink Bold for a different business name (apparently from a mailing list compiled from old Citi business card holders) which I hesitated to send in because I have so many Chase cards.

But the offer (50K bonus with first purchase) was too good to miss. And expired in mid-June.

Applied and did not get immediate approval. Called and, after a few questions about income over past three years, was quickly approved.

Amazing.

Thanks Chase--and FTers for all the info and free trips you have kindly provided by sharing.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 11:46 am

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, MileagePlus Silver & Others.
No Extended Warranty on Ink Bold?

I was planning on making a computer purchase through OfficeMax via my World Elite Mastercard Chase Ink Bold, but I wanted to make sure it had the extended warranty that World Elite Mastercards are supposed to have--extend by 1 year an existing warranty.

So I called up Mastercard and was told that it was a business (yes, I knew that obviously!) and it only had the concierge service on it.

My reaction:....uh.

Is this the case? Anyone have experience with this?

I usually use Amex or a Visa Signature for electronics purchases, since both have good coverage but the added points for an office purchase via Ink Bold was tempting. But without the extended warranty, I just ended up going with an Open Business Amex which DOES apparently have the same warranty policies on its business cards as their credit cards and has a great cash offer for OfficeMax.

Still, I'd like to know if other people have gotten extended warranties via their Ink Bold. The woman I spoke to seemed clueless.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 12:32 pm

The guide to benefits for my Ink Bold (BCG10252 11/1/2011) includes "Purchase Protection and Extended Protection" which doubles the time period of the original manufacturer's written US warranty up to one year on warranties of three years or less up to a maxium of $10,000 per claim.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 10:57 pm

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, MileagePlus Silver & Others.
Originally Posted by Schutzee
The guide to benefits for my Ink Bold (BCG10252 11/1/2011) includes "Purchase Protection and Extended Protection" which doubles the time period of the original manufacturer's written US warranty up to one year on warranties of three years or less up to a maxium of $10,000 per claim.
Thanks. So she was clueless. Not surprising.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.