Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

New Chase Ink Bold reward structure + no foreign transaction fee

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Chase Ink Bold reward structure + no foreign transaction fee

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2012, 12:01 pm

Programs: All of the Above
I just applied for the Ink Bold to get 5 pts per $ on communications, but while I was talking to them on the phone, they said that you also get 5pts for spending at Home Depot and Lowes. Does anyone have any evidence of this? It would be HUGE if so for my family ($400K/year at Lowes). I know there's a limit of bonus points, but still.
Old Feb 3, 2012, 12:21 pm
Formerly known as iahsumr

Originally Posted by DavidAL
I just applied for the Ink Bold to get 5 pts per $ on communications, but while I was talking to them on the phone, they said that you also get 5pts for spending at Home Depot and Lowes. Does anyone have any evidence of this? It would be HUGE if so for my family ($400K/year at Lowes). I know there's a limit of bonus points, but still.

Hmmm, well Home Depot is 5x through Ultimate Rewards. Think he was talking about that? Though Lowe's is 3x, so that really wouldn't make much sense. Would love to hear more, we frequent those stores quite a bit as well (though not to the tune of 400K per year!).
Old Feb 3, 2012, 12:31 pm

Programs: All of the Above
Originally Posted by Mommy Points
Hmmm, well Home Depot is 5x through Ultimate Rewards. Think he was talking about that? Though Lowe's is 3x, so that really wouldn't make much sense. Would love to hear more, we frequent those stores quite a bit as well (though not to the tune of 400K per year!).
We (the rep and I) were talking about me charging my Biz phone/cable/internet and getting 5x for it, and he threw in office supply stores and Home Depot and Lowes as getting 5x. They are expediting my card to me, so probably won't have it til next week, but I'm going to run some test charges next week and see how they post before I convince family to get the card.

BTW, I enjoy the blog. I travel with youngens frequently too, so it's a different world for us. BTW, you should write about how to take the kids to Disney and pay with everything via AA miles. Not a great redemption, but you can pay for Park tickets and hotels with AA miles. Any questions, just PM. Don't want to hijack the thread.
Old Mar 31, 2012, 7:45 pm

Programs: Delta silver, HH silver, IHG platinum, SPG gold, AMEX platinum
Bah Office depot

Looks like they only have Yankee Candle merchant gift cards available now instead of the assortment they had back in Jan...oh well.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 6:24 pm

Exploding offer time!
30k for Ink Classic
30k for Ink Cash

Both $5000 spend.
Old Apr 16, 2012, 12:27 pm

Does anyone know the minimum credit line for the Ink Bold? Wondering if it's a $5k min. like SP, or if it can go lower.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 6:48 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by BlackIce000
Does anyone know the minimum credit line for the Ink Bold? Wondering if it's a $5k min. like SP, or if it can go lower.
Don't know if it's the minimum, but I was approved yesterday and they transferred just $3k from my Sapphire Preferred to my new Ink Bold.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 6:34 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by dajoip
Don't know if it's the minimum, but I was approved yesterday and they transferred just $3k from my Sapphire Preferred to my new Ink Bold.
Apparently I spoke too soon - my card came today and when I activated it, they told me I had a $5k limit - they did move the $3k from my Sapphire Preferred and they added an additional $2k. So it looks like the minimum is, in fact, $5k.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 11:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K / CO PLT
the minimum 'credit limit' for Ink Bold card is $5K, because it is a World Elite Mastercard, like Visa Signature typically requires $5K minimum credit limit.

On an unrelated topic, does anyone have any information on 2x points on hotels from Ink Bold? the advertisement says that you earn 2 points "when purchased directly with the hotel." I guess this disqualifies hotels.com, orbitz and on, unlike sapphire preferred?

Last edited by saaws; Apr 18, 2012 at 11:50 pm
Old Apr 19, 2012, 4:20 am

Originally Posted by saaws
the minimum 'credit limit' for Ink Bold card is $5K, because it is a World Elite Mastercard, like Visa Signature typically requires $5K minimum credit limit.

On an unrelated topic, does anyone have any information on 2x points on hotels from Ink Bold? the advertisement says that you earn 2 points "when purchased directly with the hotel." I guess this disqualifies hotels.com, orbitz and on, unlike sapphire preferred?
Strange, I was approved yesterday and she told me my flexible spending limit would be 2k.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 2:08 pm

Has anyone received a threshold spending bonus on either the old or new Ink Bold recently? Specifically, can anyone confirm whether or not the bonus is given with the new card, or confirm that the bonus still exists on the old card?
Old Apr 22, 2012, 12:32 am

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
Ink Bold bonus point cap

I know the cap on 5X category bonus points is 50K per calendar year, but is there a cap on the 2X categories? And how about bonus points earned in the UR Mall--is there a cap on them too?
Old Apr 22, 2012, 7:32 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Preacher7
I know the cap on 5X category bonus points is 50K per calendar year, but is there a cap on the 2X categories? And how about bonus points earned in the UR Mall--is there a cap on them too?
Welcome to FlyerTalk. I moved your post into the established thread about this version of Ink Bold. The 2x bonus is also capped at $50,000 spending. I am not aware of any cap on Mall earnings, those points are awarded by the merchants, not by Chase.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 5:00 pm

Programs: DL Diamond
Does this card come as Visa/MC or just MC? I got mine today and it's a World Elite MC... are the benefits I'm seeing online (concierge, etc) worth anything? Any particular benefit of V vs MC or the inverse?
Old Apr 27, 2012, 5:37 pm

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, MileagePlus Silver & Others.
Originally Posted by DC777Fan
Does this card come as Visa/MC or just MC? I got mine today and it's a World Elite MC... are the benefits I'm seeing online (concierge, etc) worth anything? Any particular benefit of V vs MC or the inverse?
I've used the World Elite MC benefits for booking a hotel--it's been pretty decent, all in all. Can sometimes match or exceed having status in that hotel's loyalty program, so yeah.

Haven't used any of the other World Elite MC benefits, but I may give them a spin.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.