Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

New Chase Ink Bold reward structure + no foreign transaction fee

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Chase Ink Bold reward structure + no foreign transaction fee

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2011, 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by beachmiles
Since this is a Business Card , will it display under my Chase Log In , along with my other Chase Cards. I often see new Chase card approvals , there , before I am notified.
Six days since my app, no word yet. I'll call on the 10th day.
My did not show up.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 9:52 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, United Silver, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Since this is a Business Card , will it display under my Chase Log In , along with my other Chase Cards. I often see new Chase card approvals , there , before I am notified.
My regular personal login at Chase will not display the Ink Bold card. I called customer service, and was told that I had to use a separate business Chase login for Ink Bold. However, the CSR said that all of my personal info could be displayed under the business login if I desired. I decided to keep the personal and business logins separate.

Don't be too impatient - my app took 18 days for approval + one additional week until I received the card in the mail.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 1:10 pm

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
approved :)

just called. got some big spending coming up that will help with the minimum spend. approved.

Last edited by mia; Dec 13, 2011 at 1:36 pm Reason: Formatting
Old Dec 13, 2011, 3:32 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, WN CP, Many Others
Originally Posted by GetawaysRus
My regular personal login at Chase will not display the Ink Bold card. I called customer service, and was told that I had to use a separate business Chase login for Ink Bold. However, the CSR said that all of my personal info could be displayed under the business login if I desired. I decided to keep the personal and business logins separate.

Don't be too impatient - my app took 18 days for approval + one additional week until I received the card in the mail.
Call again. I have one login for a total of 3 personal and biz cards (one being ink bold) plus my biz and personal accounts included. Call the online help number. I don't have it but I am sure you can find it on the site.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 1:55 pm

I was filling out the online application for the Ink Bold card. It was asking for the business as well as the personal address. Can anyone tell me which address Chase sends the card to?
Old Jan 5, 2012, 6:03 pm

I got my card in November just before the new card was announced, and it looks as though the 20 percent bonus kicked in on my second statement. I wonder how long we'll be grandfathered for the 20 percent bonus? As long as they keep giving it, it seems like I should be using this card instead of the chase sapphire preferred for spend other than the categories that earn bonus points on sapphire -- dining and travel. The difference is 1.20 versus 1.07 for all non-bonus categories.

For the rewards mall, it seems the best tactic would be to log in using my sapphire rewards account, so that the bonus points credit to my sapphire account and thus give me the 7 percent yearly bonus, but use the ink card for actual charge, so that I get 1.20 on the purchase price.

Now, if they really do migrate to the 5-2-1 on the older Ink Bold cards and keep the 20 percent bonus, that would make this card pretty fantastic.

I'm still not yet convinced either UR card is better for general non-bonus spending than the Amex SPG, which continues to be my general spending work horse. But the 1.20 points per dollar on general spend really does bring this card very close to the 1.25 you get with SPG when converting mileage in 20k chunks.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 8:09 pm

Programs: many
Originally Posted by lkar
For the rewards mall, it seems the best tactic would be to log in using my sapphire rewards account, so that the bonus points credit to my sapphire account and thus give me the 7 percent yearly bonus, but use the ink card for actual charge, so that I get 1.20 on the purchase price.

Now, if they really do migrate to the 5-2-1 on the older Ink Bold cards and keep the 20 percent bonus, that would make this card pretty fantastic.
Any proof of this tactic working?

Chance of older versions migrating to the new, very low percentage at this time.
Chance of migrating to the new version plus the 20%, less than very low.

The older version with the spending tiers plus 20, garners absolutely better reward than the new version.

The grass isnt greener on the other side!

Last edited by mia; Jan 6, 2012 at 8:01 am Reason: Formatting
Old Jan 6, 2012, 2:30 am

[QUOTE=pcharles;17757397]
Originally Posted by lkar

QUOTE]

Chance of older versions migrating to the new, very low percentage at this time.

The older version with the spending tiers plus 20, garners absolutely better reward than the new version.

I spend a lot of time outside states -- new card has no fx fee---i have old card and want new card -- two sides to every story
Old Jan 6, 2012, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by pcharles

I haven't tried it, but I have used cards other than the chase sapphire to purchase things on the ultimate rewards mall and I've received the mall credit on my UR account and also had the charge go through and earn points on my credit card of choice -- SPG Amex. So, I think it should work.

I just don't think you can say that one size fits all. Someone with 50k in business spend on telecom services would probably prefer the 200k bonus points of the new card over the 20 percent bonus of the old.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 1:36 am

Programs: Delta silver, HH silver, IHG platinum, SPG gold, AMEX platinum
Small datapoint..confirmed with Chase that my AT&T Uverse (internet + cable) counts as a 5X category..so it looks like pretty much any charge in these categories qualify. Also confirmed non-gas purchases at gas stations counted for me.

As a side note, at my local Staples they had $200 visa gift cards for sell with a $7.00 surcharge. They also had BP gift card, Fandango, ToysRUs, EBAY gift cards, Southwest airlines, Marriott Gift cards, Starbucks, Home Depot/Lowes home improvement and several restaurants. Nice to have these options on this 5x card!

They were supposed to have Amazon GCs but they seemed to be out...

Now if only someone would try to combine the 5x office supply with the UR mall bonus (ie @ staples..right now 4 extra points) on a gift card purchase and report their results

Last edited by stealph; Jan 12, 2012 at 1:39 am Reason: Oh how could I forget Starbucks :)
Old Jan 12, 2012, 8:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, DL Plat, SPG Plat, Hyatt DMD
Ink Bold 5X success stories?

The new 5/2/1 Ink Bold structure has only been out for a few weeks, but I was wondering if anyone has seen early success getting 5X credit for business charges beyond the standard cellphone/bundled internet?

Do all purchases at Staples, Office Max, etc count? Any reason we can't double-dip at Staples.com through Ultimate Rewards?
Old Jan 13, 2012, 7:21 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by edrags
Any reason we can't double-dip at Staples.com through Ultimate Rewards?
None. The category bonus is awarded by Chase. The Ultimate Rewards Mall bonus is awarded by the merchant. Totally unrelated.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 5:14 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
I have the old INK. I wrote to Chase and asked if I could transfer to the new terms - was told 'no' as others have already reported. They said the only way I could get the new terms was to apply for the new card.

Has anyone else who already has the old card applied for the new one? I'm guessing that it's cost me a credit pull just for the 5x terms (and that's if I got approved), as I doubt they'd fork over another 50K bonus.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 7:17 am

Programs: many
Originally Posted by User Name
I have the old INK. I wrote to Chase and asked if I could transfer to the new terms - was told 'no' as others have already reported. They said the only way I could get the new terms was to apply for the new card.

Has anyone else who already has the old card applied for the new one? I'm guessing that it's cost me a credit pull just for the 5x terms (and that's if I got approved), as I doubt they'd fork over another 50K bonus.
Doubtful you will get the bonus for the second card, your best bet is to ask CS for a response. Unfortunately that might not be definitive either, and CS loves to be conveniently unaware of any offers available online and whether or not they are applicable to you. Good luck
Old Jan 27, 2012, 9:24 am

Programs: Delta silver, HH silver, IHG platinum, SPG gold, AMEX platinum
Originally Posted by pcharles
Doubtful you will get the bonus for the second card, your best bet is to ask CS for a response. Unfortunately that might not be definitive either, and CS loves to be conveniently unaware of any offers available online and whether or not they are applicable to you. Good luck
Right..I doubt it too...but stranger things have happened...I recently got a 2nd 40K sign up bonus for the same exact US Air card before closing my earlier one...

I don't think anyone's tried it yet (and reported..)..as always YMMV.

In the mean time, I hope to continue to get up to 20X points per purchase using GCs and the new card.

Thanks Chase!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.