Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 6, 2013, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
For the current version of this thread & related wiki, see

IHG Rewards MasterCard (2016).
Print Wikipost

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2015, 12:56 pm
RNE

Originally Posted by RNE
Do you think "I've gotten multiple five-figure instant approvals from Amex and Citi in recent weeks" is salient?
Originally Posted by jsk1973
Well, a couple of those new accounts haven't even hit my credit reports, but the inquiries are there. Either way, it's hard to believe Amex and Citi are able to process apps instantly while Chase needs two weeks to make a decision. (I know some apps from all banks end up in "pending" status, but Chase seems to be the slowest by far when it comes to making a decision.)
Chase is perfectly able to process apps instantly. But as I intimated to you before, given all your recent apps, any bank might pause to take a closer look at you. Were Citi or Amex at the tail end of "multiple five-figure" apps, they too might have paused.

Please let us know how it turns out.
Old Dec 26, 2015, 2:21 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by RNE
Chase is perfectly able to process apps instantly. But as I intimated to you before, given all your recent apps, any bank might pause to take a closer look at you. Were Citi or Amex at the tail end of "multiple five-figure" apps, they too might have paused.

Please let us know how it turns out.
Chase was actually in the middle. I was approved for two Amex cards, then a Citi card, then Chase's IHG card went into "pending" mode, then I was approved for another Citi card.

It's not the end of the world; just interesting that it takes so much longer for Chase than the others. Hard to believe Chase wants or needs human eyes to look at so many apps when things like recent inquiries, new accounts, credit utilization, etc., etc., can be calculated instantly.

4:25 PM EDIT: I just called the automated line and, on Day 17, my IHG app has changed to the dreaded "7 to 10 days" message, so it looks like it was declined. Very strange process.

Last edited by jsk1973; Dec 26, 2015 at 2:26 pm
Old Dec 26, 2015, 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by jsk1973
Chase was actually in the middle. I was approved for two Amex cards, then a Citi card, then Chase's IHG card went into "pending" mode, then I was approved for another Citi card.

It's not the end of the world; just interesting that it takes so much longer for Chase than the others. Hard to believe Chase wants or needs human eyes to look at so many apps when things like recent inquiries, new accounts, credit utilization, etc., etc., can be calculated instantly.

4:25 PM EDIT: I just called the automated line and, on Day 17, my IHG app has changed to the dreaded "7 to 10 days" message, so it looks like it was declined. Very strange process.
Several reports, including myself, of having that message change back and forth, then ultimately end in approval. Hang in there....
Old Dec 26, 2015, 5:44 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by RobertHanson
Several reports, including myself, of having that message change back and forth, then ultimately end in approval. Hang in there....
Thanks. Chase is quite a rollercoaster ride.

I got the "30 days" for 3-5 days, then "two weeks" for the next 10-12 days, and now the dreaded "7-10 days." Yours actually switched back from the latter to one of the former (or to "Congratulations ...")?
Old Dec 27, 2015, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by StartinSanDiego
And what happens when you click on the application?
The other day I landed at actual applications page. Today, I land at the 60k redirected page. Weird.
Old Dec 28, 2015, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by wholeinone04
Alright well I think I'm gonna apply for the 60k offer for my wife and SM Chase to see if they'll match the 80k offer.
Just did this, they were happy to match to the 80K
Old Dec 30, 2015, 10:47 pm

Programs: HH Diamond Elite, IHG Platinum Elite, SPG
Originally Posted by waygora
Just did this, they were happy to match to the 80K

When did you do this? I am planning to apply. Thanks in advance..
Old Feb 16, 2016, 8:14 pm
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Thread now archived

This thread is now archived.
Please continue the discussion here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...rd-2016-a.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.