IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Subscribe
Data Point:

Just applied using the link in the Wiki ("Mastercard Application") and it worked. Applied for wife. She is between jobs so put her last year's salary and put "Unemployed" under source and name of work. Confirmed for 80K with 1K spend in 3 months.
Quote: Data Point:

Just applied using the link in the Wiki ("Mastercard Application") and it worked. Applied for wife. She is between jobs so put her last year's salary and put "Unemployed" under source and name of work. Confirmed for 80K with 1K spend in 3 months.
Glad that worked for you, but do you know that under the new Federal law that kicked in last Nov, she can list the entire household income as "her" income on the income line on her app. My SO lists unemployed and my income on all of her apps. A couple that are both employed can list their combined income on both of their apps.
80k Confirmed as of 5-16-14
Quote: Did you use the link/method from this thread?
I applied for the IHG card three days ago using the Mastercard link at top of this thread. The application page stated only a 60k bonus. I was approved for the card. Once approved, I used Secure Message Center to send a mail to Chase folks. I asked if I would receive the 80k bonus and they responded with affirmation. Their response is pasted below.

Thank you for contacting Chase about the enrollment bonus
on your IHG® Rewards Club Select credit card account.

Our records indicate, the enrollment bonus on the
application you submitted allows you to earn 80,000 points
after the first $1,000 in spending within the first 3
months the account is open. After qualifying, please allow
six to eight weeks for the enrollment bonus points to post
to the account.

Please keep in mind that all enrollment incentives are
reserved for new IHG® Rewards Club credit card members
only. This means we reserve the right to withhold adding
any enrollment points if you have previously received them
on the same product on a previous date.

We would like to welcome you to the Chase IHG® Rewards
Club. We value and appreciate your business. If you have
any further questions, please reply using the Secure
Message Center.

Thank you,
I just completed a stay at a Holiday Inn. At check in I was given a small flyer with a promotion code to watch a video and get 1K. It was a video for the IHG mastercard with the 80K offer. The video clearly stated 80K. I already have card, so can't apply, and it stated that I already had been issued these 1K points.

So the 80K promo is still out there.
Quote: I just completed a stay at a Holiday Inn. At check in I was given a small flyer with a promotion code to watch a video and get 1K. It was a video for the IHG mastercard with the 80K offer. The video clearly stated 80K. I already have card, so can't apply, and it stated that I already had been issued these 1K points.

So the 80K promo is still out there.
Could u post the link and the code so we could earn the 1k?
I have applied for the card 10 days back. Chase has confirmed it is 80K promotion after spending 1K in 3 months.
I cancelled my Visa when the conversion notice came out. I then I used the link for the MC at the beginning of this thread and my bonus of 80k has since posted.
Followed the Wiki link, applied and approved, spent >$1000 in the first month, the statement came out and IHG account credited 80000 points as well as platinum status.
Quote: I cancelled my Visa when the conversion notice came out. I then I used the link for the MC at the beginning of this thread and my bonus of 80k has since posted.
Thanks so much for the reassurance. As soon as I can get my HPs down to a reasonable level, I'm reapplying. It's good to know I'll get the points, and I'm not wasting a HP and Min Spnd for nothing.
value of points?
Just got my card 6 weeks ago (after having to call Chase to move credit from another card, during which conversation I confirmed the 80000 promotion). Once I spent $1000 and my statement closed, I received over 81000 points (1000 for the spend, 80000 bonus. Since cardholders get a 10% reduction on awards, this 81000 points gets me 3 nights at a 30000 per night hotel. Perhaps worth about $200 a night? So this is a very good deal in my opinion.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think you get 10% reduction in rewards. You get 10% points back on redemption. I don't think you would be able to book 3 nights @ 30k per night unless they were separate awards
You're correct that there is a 19% "rebate" after your award stay, but if one already had at least 9000 IHG points before the credit card, one could book the three nights at 30000 each, and then get the 10% back later, but the net cost of 3 nights is still only 81000.
Is it possible to change the statement closing date (pull it in so bonus miles can post faster)? I know Chase offers this as a feature online, but wanted to see if people here have reported doing so..

I'm traveling in less than 3 weeks. Applied today and got approved, called in and they expedited delivery. After I receive it I will try to charge $1000 right away. I want the statement to close in a couple of days after that so there's a chance of points posting before I travel. On my account statement closing date is listed as June 14, maybe I can move it up to June 4 or so..
Quote: Is it possible to change the statement closing date (pull it in so bonus miles can post faster)? I know Chase offers this as a feature online, but wanted to see if people here have reported doing so..

I'm traveling in less than 3 weeks. Applied today and got approved, called in and they expedited delivery. After I receive it I will try to charge $1000 right away. I want the statement to close in a couple of days after that so there's a chance of points posting before I travel. On my account statement closing date is listed as June 14, maybe I can move it up to June 4 or so..
Numerous anecdotal reports for various Chase cards suggest that this approach will usually backfire & extend the first billing cycle -- in this case, to July 4 rather than June 4. If you have nothing to lose, go ahead, but be aware that there have been few (or perhaps no) reported cases of reducing the first cycle in the manner proposed.

YMMV.
Applied the other day and approved for the 60k offer. Once I get the card I'll email asking for the 80k match. This looks like a good card to have long term.