Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 6, 2013, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
For the current version of this thread & related wiki, see

IHG Rewards MasterCard (2016).
Print Wikipost

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2014, 3:32 pm

Programs: Spg Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Brugge
Not what I was hoping to hear, but thanks for the advice.
I would not activate card . Similar thing happened to my wife with SP VISA.

A year later I got the bonus for her again.
Old Apr 27, 2014, 4:01 pm

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
I tried link in post #1615 for my SO, at end just offered 60K. Searched a couple other places could only find 60K offer. I have had the card for a couple years, got the 80K, but my Wife did not have it, so I guess, you snooze you loose

Anyways, applied, she got approved, and still 60K is pretty generous, at least I can squeeze in 3 nights, maybe more depending where we vacation this summer.
Old Apr 27, 2014, 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by ORD-TGU
I tried link in post #1615 for my SO, at end just offered 60K. Searched a couple other places could only find 60K offer. I have had the card for a couple years, got the 80K, but my Wife did not have it, so I guess, you snooze you loose

Anyways, applied, she got approved, and still 60K is pretty generous, at least I can squeeze in 3 nights, maybe more depending where we vacation this summer.
Send a SM, ask if they can match the 80k current offer.
Old Apr 28, 2014, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by oyouno
Send a SM, ask if they can match the 80k current offer.
Rookie question, but if the 80k current offer link is dead then how can I refer to it when I'm sending them an SM about matching it?
Old Apr 28, 2014, 3:49 pm

Thanks everyone. Just applied for the 80K offer. I had to click on the link from this forum using private browser. I had to move a credit line from a diff card and got approved. I asked the guy to confirm the offer. He said 80K.

For those asking about the secure message. Just ask to be matched to the 80,000 point offer. You don't actually need to give a link showing the offer. This worked for me for my United chase card. I got 50K miles and a $50 statement credit just for messaging them asking for it.
Old Apr 28, 2014, 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by amm543
Thanks everyone. Just applied for the 80K offer. I had to click on the link from this forum using private browser. I had to move a credit line from a diff card and got approved. I asked the guy to confirm the offer. He said 80K.

For those asking about the secure message. Just ask to be matched to the 80,000 point offer. You don't actually need to give a link showing the offer. This worked for me for my United chase card. I got 50K miles and a $50 statement credit just for messaging them asking for it.
BUMMER! The links from this wiki are not working! The landing page loads fine, but once you click "Apply Now" a new window pops up and it says that the offer is unavailable.
Old Apr 28, 2014, 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by lailai88
BUMMER! The links from this wiki are not working! The landing page loads fine, but once you click "Apply Now" a new window pops up and it says that the offer is unavailable.
This seems to have been a temporary Chase sitewide issue, as the CSP 40+5K link was also broken for a short time. All working again now, including the (presumed) 80K MC link in the wiki above.
Old Apr 28, 2014, 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by amm543

This is such a rookie question, but I SM after I've received the card and set up an online account, right?
Old Apr 28, 2014, 7:33 pm

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
This is such a rookie question, but I SM after I've received the card and set up an online account, right?
Yes. For people who already have personal Chase cards, and already have an online account, the new card will pop up automatically on the existing online account. For me it happened instantly. I applied for the IHG card, was instantly approved, then I logged on and immediately saw the new card listed in my existing online account.

So I was able to send an SM to Chase for the IHG card immediately after applying. However, if you don't have another personal Chase card, then you would have to wait until the physical card came in to create an online account.
Old Apr 28, 2014, 11:09 pm

The link is working now.

https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...ID=&PROMO=DF01
Old May 1, 2014, 10:09 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by jeanie
I was able to send an SM to Chase for the IHG card immediately after applying.
What did you SM them about? When my first card came in the mail, I just went here:

https://chaseonline.chase.com/

Where it says this:

Get a user ID to help you manage your money

If you're not already using Chase Online to access your account, enroll now. Chase Online offers a broad range of products and services to manage your money.

then clicked on the "enroll now" button and followed the instructions.

As you said, subsequent Chase ccs just magically appear on your cc webpage the moment you are approved without you having to do anything at all.
Old May 1, 2014, 10:01 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by oyouno
Is this a 60K or 80K link? No bonus terms stated.
Old May 2, 2014, 7:32 am

Originally Posted by sangkancilguru
Old May 2, 2014, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by sangkancilguru
The wiki discusses this in detail. Please see the top of the page.
Old May 2, 2014, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by diver858
If my wife and I each have our own card, anniversary free night: Will it be possible to use our respective free nights on the same stay.
Yes; just did that last weekend in NYC with 2 certs. Ask a reservation agent (either corporate or at the property) to notate the first reservation so you're blocked into the same room for the full stay -- and then mention it again when you check in. Alas, IHG cannot formally merge into a single reservation in such cases.

Note that this discussion belongs in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...t-pc-visa.html. I've asked the mods to move it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.