Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 6, 2013, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
For the current version of this thread & related wiki, see

IHG Rewards MasterCard (2016).
Print Wikipost

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2014, 9:02 pm

Just signed up using the VISA link in the OP. Got the following message:
CONGRATULATIONS!

Your application for the VisaŽ card has been approved.

Name: Censored
Bank Ref Number: Censored

Your should receive your card(s) and complete account information in the mail within the next two weeks.

Start using your card right away. Remember you earn points with every purchase you make.

Anyone have an idea as to how I can ensure whether I got 60K points or 80K points?

Thanks
Old Mar 17, 2014, 10:04 pm

Originally Posted by unkn0wns0ldier
Anyone have an idea as to how I can ensure whether I got 60K points or 80K points?

Thanks
Either call and ask, wait till your card gets here to ask when you activate, or send a SM online.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 2:56 am

Originally Posted by unkn0wns0ldier
Just signed up using the VISA link in the OP. Got the following message:
CONGRATULATIONS!

Your application for the VisaŽ card has been approved.

Name: Censored
Bank Ref Number: Censored

Your should receive your card(s) and complete account information in the mail within the next two weeks.

Start using your card right away. Remember you earn points with every purchase you make.

Thanks
I used the DF01 link to apply last week.
Confirmed that it was the 80k offer through a SM.
It is a mastercard now.

Last edited by oyouno; Mar 18, 2014 at 3:06 am
Old Mar 18, 2014, 9:05 am

Programs: HiltonH-Diamond, IHG-Plat, Hyatt-Diamond,SPG-newbie
So it is a for sure we CAN NOT get a MC version if you currently have a Visa of the IHG card. IF so we should add this information on the wiki
Old Mar 18, 2014, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by tdrag97
So it is a for sure we CAN NOT get a MC version if you currently have a Visa of the IHG card. IF so we should add this information on the wiki
Done.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 9:31 am

Programs: HiltonH-Diamond, IHG-Plat, Hyatt-Diamond,SPG-newbie
Originally Posted by beltway
Done.
perfect thx... so we would need to cancel our currently Visa, wait a bit (maybe a month or two) then apply for the 80k MC IHG and get the bonus. Will try this after my trip in July.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by tdrag97
perfect thx... so we would need to cancel our currently Visa, wait a bit (maybe a month or two) then apply for the 80k MC IHG and get the bonus. Will try this after my trip in July.
By July, we should have reports from recent applicants on whether they received the MC bonus or instead got a ding letter from Chase. (My money is on the successful churn, but we shall see.)
Old Mar 18, 2014, 12:45 pm

80K IHG offer

used the DF01 link as well today, and got approved for the 80K offer! No annual fee for the first year. 1K spend in 3 months. Thanks Flyertalk!
Old Mar 18, 2014, 1:35 pm

Programs: AA,AS,HH,HY,IB,LH,IHG,MAR,WN
Thumbs up

I plan to apply as soon as Chase says I am handling all my recent new cards well
Old Mar 18, 2014, 3:22 pm

Sorry for the noob question, but after the 80k points post, are you all planning on keeping the card for a few years, or cancelling to avoid the AF?

I mean, besides the 80k points and maybe a free night every year, is there anything outright amazing about this card?
Old Mar 18, 2014, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by TheExplorer
I mean, besides the 80k points and maybe a free night every year, is there anything outright amazing about this card?
I haven't app'd for the card yet, but $49 for a free night at ANY IHG property (even if it's just a Holiday Inn Express in Nowhere, Kansas during a road trip) is a pretty great deal.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by aw82
I haven't app'd for the card yet, but $49 for a free night at ANY IHG property (even if it's just a Holiday Inn Express in Nowhere, Kansas during a road trip) is a pretty great deal.
I guess what I'm getting at is, besides the free night, are there any benefits to having this card in comparison to a chase sapphire or other rewards card?
Old Mar 18, 2014, 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by TheExplorer
I guess what I'm getting at is, besides the free night, are there any benefits to having this card in comparison to a chase sapphire or other rewards card?
Just the annual free night. I like the 10% back with reward nights though, which is cool. For actual spend it's pretty much worthless. I buy some groceries/gas on it sometimes to put spend on it, but for the most part I only use when I go to IHG hotels.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by waygora
Just the annual free night. I like the 10% back with reward nights though, which is cool. For actual spend it's pretty much worthless. I buy some groceries/gas on it sometimes to put spend on it, but for the most part I only use when I go to IHG hotels.
Well wouldn't this card be better for groceries, even though its only 2x but combined with the annual 1 night free you can get some really good resorts like Bora Bora. Not to mention they have the pointsbreak concept where you can get some really nice hotels at 5K points per night... a steal in my book. Also what do you use for groceries?
Old Mar 18, 2014, 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by oyouno
I used the DF01 link to apply last week.
Confirmed that it was the 80k offer through a SM.
It is a mastercard now.
Probably a rookie question but whats the DF01 link? is it the link called Visa application in the original post?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.