Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 6, 2013, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
For the current version of this thread & related wiki, see

IHG Rewards MasterCard (2016).
Print Wikipost

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2014, 5:08 pm

Where in my account will the free night certificate show up ?

Free cert should be posting soon
Old Jan 20, 2014, 7:33 pm

Just applied, got instant approval.
Old Jan 21, 2014, 1:52 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by laserg
Data point: Just applied through link above. Instant approval. Cancelled old Chase Priority Club Visa February 2012. Hope I get the 80K. I have 5 chase cards, this is my sixth. Will let you know when it comes. Already showing on line with 4.5K credit line.
Please let us know if/when the points post. Chase does have a nasty habit of issuing the card, then letting you know months later that the bonus isn't going to be granted. So as much as I want to do this myself, I'll feel better about it when you report actually having the points posted to your account. Thanks for finding out for all of us.
Old Jan 21, 2014, 3:15 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Hawkeyefan
I got approved for the card and for the 80k pts (confirmed) late in December. My first statement just closed and I had $900 or so in spend. Just met the $1000 spend requirement today. I am assuming I will have to wait until the close of my 2nd statement to receive the bonus points? If so, that stinks and I should have done a better job of meeting the spend sooner.....
Points in account today, 80k. Applied 12/19/13, plat just after Christmas, points today. Let's go shopping
Old Jan 22, 2014, 7:45 am

Programs: AA, WN, HH, IHG
Originally Posted by Hawkeyefan
Points in account today, 80k. Applied 12/19/13, plat just after Christmas, points today. Let's go shopping
Hawkeye - just wanted to confirm that you received the bonus with the Visa Platinum?
Old Jan 22, 2014, 8:21 am

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by zmant06
Hawkeye - just wanted to confirm that you received the bonus with the Visa Platinum?
Yes, 80k pt bonus, and Plat status as of 1/21/14. Whole process took just over a month.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 8:34 am
Suspended

I want to churn this card so bad
Old Jan 22, 2014, 5:21 pm

Ok, so I'm new to FT and in 2 days already have a Chase Explorer 55K UA card and am pretty excited about this process. Now I'm looking at this IHG 80K card which looks good. I gather hotel reward numbers are different than airline points(miles). So how many hotel nights is 80K? I suspect different for high and low price Hotels in their group. But how many stays at something equivalent to a Hampton Hotel in IHG variety? Flame away if I am asking a dumb question but there you go.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 5:28 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by wormtail
Flame away if I am asking a dumb question but there you go.
It's not a dumb question but it's also something you should discover directly. Just go to the ihg.com site and search for the "Rewards Night" rate on any location that interests you. (The rate for each hotel is set based on how popular the hotel is, essentially.)

Can be as low as 10k/night or 5k during a PointBreaks special.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 6:12 pm

Thanks for the reply, I had gone to IHG but your navigation help got me where I didn't know how to get to.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 6:28 am

I assume the membership number is my priority club number, right?

Also, those that have the card, can/do you have two separate cards, one for you and your spouse to 'double dip'?

Thanks!
Old Jan 24, 2014, 6:57 am

When the card arrives by mail, and I activate, I will ask the CSR if I get the 80K bonus. Will post response. Should get it in a few days.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 1:36 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by floridahokie
I assume the membership number is my priority club number, right?

Also, those that have the card, can/do you have two separate cards, one for you and your spouse to 'double dip'?

Thanks!
#1 Yes

#2 Of course, assuming your spouse wants to travel with you.

Which is true for virtually any cc, assuming that you can both meet the minimum spend. If the sign up bonus, and in this case the annual certificate from renewal, is good enough for you to get the card, it's probably worth it for your spouse to get it too.

Bear in mind that under the new Federal law that went into effect Nov 2013, you can each list your combined household income on the income line on the app. So any card you can qualify for your non or marginally employed spouse should qualify for as well.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 3:48 pm

Thank you Brugge

Originally Posted by Brugge
#1 Yes

2 Of course, assuming your spouse wants to travel with you.

Which is true for virtually any cc, assuming that you can both meet the minimum spend. If the sign up bonus, and in this case the annual certificate from renewal, is good enough for you to get the card, it's probably worth it for your spouse to get it too.

Bear in mind that under the new Federal law that went into effect Nov 2013, you can each list your combined household income on the income line on the app. So any card you can qualify for your non or marginally employed spouse should qualify for as well.
Thank you Brugge!!!
Old Jan 24, 2014, 10:23 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
I was going to go for the Big Win promo. It would require me to change hotel every night in an upcoming business trip to Orlando (4 nights) total. About 100k IHG pts (before other promos get added). I think I could get them all in under $400 (my own dime). And then it hit me. I have enough IHG points and about 81k coming hopefully from this card soon...so I just kept my reservation at the Four Points Sheraton for just 14k spg points for all 4 nights. Saves me the driving around, I am not that young anymore :-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.