Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 6, 2013, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
For the current version of this thread & related wiki, see

IHG Rewards MasterCard (2016).
Print Wikipost

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2011, 6:54 am

Originally Posted by kdoughboy
Aha! I was just playing around with the app page and it appears that pressing the "Legal Disclosures" button on the 80k app page linked above activates the "Submit for Decisioning" button, allowing you to get a decision! I got it to work twice in Chrome and twice in Firefox. The question now is, who's going to be the guinea pig?
Excellent- thanks to all!
Old Nov 23, 2011, 7:46 am
akp

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Awesome!

Can't wait to hear the bump the bonus results, rst113.

If that goes well, I'll be the guinea pig on submitting the 80K app!

Anita
Old Nov 23, 2011, 4:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: aa
Originally Posted by SnoopDaddy
I can try this out. I applied for the 60k offer 2 months ago. Dont i need a screenshot of the 80k offer or invitation code? I saw DLPX was mentioned upthread. Should i try using that?
Try giving them the links (mychase... and ccsic....) and asking whether they will bump the bonus since there's a public offer.

I uploaded a pic on MP but I doubt its of much use.
Old Nov 23, 2011, 5:19 pm

Programs: DL PM, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, AmExPlat
Clicking on the "legal disclosures" on the application page of the 80K link in the first post brought up a multiple page document; on page 3 and 4 of that document is some coding for this offer, in part as follows:

Source code: DLPX
Component Code: 54285
Offer idseq: 363440
Tier 1 source code: DLPX
Tier 2 source code: DLPY

There is probably some other helpful information in the coding on those two pages, which are pages 3 and 4 of the document at this link: https://ccsic.fni-stl.com/cgi-bin/pr...IDNUM=&CLOSE=1

I was unable to cut-and-paste the other coding directly from the document. Looking at the source codes, page 3 appears to deal with the 80K offer and page 4 appears to deal with the 60k offer.

Maybe someone can find this helpful? (or can further translate the codes?)

As a datapoint, I applied for (and was approved for) the 60K offer a few days ago, but have not yet received my card. I plan to call and see if I can get a bump to the 80K offer, using these codes, as soon as I call to activate, so any assistance to retrieving a screen shot or a link to an 80K offer anyone finds as public would be helpful!

Last edited by BarbiJKM; Nov 23, 2011 at 5:25 pm
Old Nov 23, 2011, 6:31 pm

Silly question here....which hotels are the points good for and how many points for a stay? Can the points be transferred anywhere else?
Old Nov 23, 2011, 7:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BarbiJKM
Clicking on the "legal disclosures" on the application page of the 80K link in the first post brought up a multiple page document; on page 3 and 4 of that document is some coding for this offer, in part as follows:

Source code: DLPX
Component Code: 54285
Offer idseq: 363440
Tier 1 source code: DLPX
Tier 2 source code: DLPY

There is probably some other helpful information in the coding on those two pages, which are pages 3 and 4 of the document at this link: https://ccsic.fni-stl.com/cgi-bin/pr...IDNUM=&CLOSE=1

I was unable to cut-and-paste the other coding directly from the document. Looking at the source codes, page 3 appears to deal with the 80K offer and page 4 appears to deal with the 60k offer.
Wow, looks like they forgot to exclude those two pages. I think page 3 deals with the Visa Signature version and page 4 deals with the Platinum version. Look at the no_preset_spending flag.

Some interesting fields:
[component_code = LGC36022]
[campaign_id = 54285]
[source_code = DLPX]
[offer_idseq = 363440]
[campaign_desc = 08/24/11 Internet]
[expiration_date = 08/24/2012]
[solit_req_flg = 0]
(This is the part about the offer being targeted. Its a binary flag but no way to be sure whether 0 means yes or no.)
[credit_line = 1000]
[maximum_credit_line = 25000]
Old Nov 23, 2011, 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by sun_aa
Wow, looks like they forgot to exclude those two pages. I think page 3 deals with the Visa Signature version and page 4 deals with the Platinum version. Look at the no_preset_spending flag.

Some interesting fields:
[component_code = LGC36022]
[campaign_id = 54285]
[source_code = DLPX]
[offer_idseq = 363440]
[campaign_desc = 08/24/11 Internet]
[expiration_date = 08/24/2012]
[solit_req_flg = 0]
(This is the part about the offer being targeted. Its a binary flag but no way to be sure whether 0 means yes or no.)
[credit_line = 1000]
[maximum_credit_line = 25000]
Doesn't 0 typically represent "FALSE"? no_preset_spending is either true or false depending on tier level.

But the rest:

solic_req_flag = 0,
solit_req_flg = 0
student_offer_flg = 0.

&
frgn_crcy_cvsn_fee_rt = 0 (does this card have a foreign conversion fee?)

I say 0 = false.

Last edited by scwam; Nov 23, 2011 at 9:13 pm
Old Nov 24, 2011, 12:31 am
Original Poster

Of course, its always possible that they reversed the logic on the solicitation fields. But like you said, more evidence that this offer is not targeted. The card has no foreign currency fee.
Old Nov 24, 2011, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sdtumbleweed
Silly question here....which hotels are the points good for and how many points for a stay? Can the points be transferred anywhere else?
All IHG (IntercontinetnalHotelGroup) properties, meaning all hotels that participate in the Priority Club program:

www.priorityclub.com

Brands include Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Crowne Plaza, Intercontinental, Candlewood Suites, Staybridge Suites, etc.

There are some here and there for 10k / night, but generally they start for 15k / night (including Candlewood Suites in NYC and another just across the river from it!). Holiday Inns and Express tend to be either 15k or 25k. Intercontinental is a luxury brand that's either 30k or 40k.

And then occasionally any of these (but only tiny fraction of them) can go on sale through Points Breaks at only 5k / night, but you either have to be lucky or be ready to adjust your plans for where the hotel is on sale (rather than expect a hotel to be on sale where you happen to be going) to take advantage of that.

The points can be transferred to airlines miles at 5:1, but that's generally a poorer value, since 80K which can be enough for a 5 night NYC stay, that would cost you over $900 otherwise, transfers to only 16k airline miles, which is a bit more than half of a restricted domestic coach redemption (and thus nowhere nowhere near $900 in value!).

And other transfers / uses are of even lower value. So it makes no sense to apply for this card IMHO if you can't make good use of the points for hotel stays when you find Priority Club has good value on points when redemption with money would be costly.

Keep in mind that Priority Club points don't expire, so you can wait until you find an opportunity to use them, rather than needing to use them up right away.
Old Nov 24, 2011, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by sdtumbleweed
Check out www.priorityclub.com for details of how you can use the points.

Last edited by BarbiJKM; Nov 24, 2011 at 8:17 am
Old Nov 24, 2011, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch
All IHG (IntercontinetnalHotelGroup) properties, meaning all hotels that participate in the Priority Club program:

www.priorityclub.com
And, of course, there is an entire FT forum dedicated to the IHG program. Beginners should note especially this sticky thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...els-forum.html
Old Nov 24, 2011, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

[DELETED]

Last edited by sdsearch; Nov 26, 2011 at 9:41 am Reason: post no longer needed
Old Nov 24, 2011, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch
No, you're in the wrong thread, or else have your Chase cards mixed up!

This card being discussed in this thread earns Priority Club points, not Ultimate Rewards points.

So that link has no relevance to this thread!
DUH! Sorry, still sipping my first cup of coffee! You are correct; I'll go back and edit to correct link! (I'm following too many topics this morning...) Thanks for the correction!
Old Nov 27, 2011, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by rst113
I'll be the guinea pig. I was recently approved for the 60K offer about 3 weeks ago, made my first purchase, and received my bonus points. I just sent a secure message mentioning offer code DLPX to see if they will bump the bonus. I'll report back with their response.
Originally Posted by akp
Can't wait to hear the bump the bonus results, rst113.

If that goes well, I'll be the guinea pig on submitting the 80K app!

Anita
Any updates on these? Planning to do my app-o-rama today, including this card, and I'm not sure if I should go for the 80k link or what.
Old Nov 27, 2011, 12:44 pm
Original Poster

If you have decided to get the PC card and aren't willing to wait to get an invitation, you should use the link. In the worst case, Chase won't give you the 80k points but will match the well known public offer of 60k.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.