Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 6, 2013, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
For the current version of this thread & related wiki, see

IHG Rewards MasterCard (2016).
Print Wikipost

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2014, 6:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Pecan Pie
hey guys I recently used 10k points for a reward night. The wiki said I should get 10% of the points back automatically when my statement closes. My statement closed a week ago and no 10% points. I'm wondering what went wrong... Can anyone help? Thank you!
The rebate will be on your IHG account, it does not go thru Chase card statement.

It is automatically but it is a batch process and prone to IHG IT glitch.

If your stay is luckily done just before the next batch processing, then you would see the 10% rebate posted pretty quick.

If your stay is unluckily done just after a batch processing, then you would not see the 10% may be 6 weeks later.

Again, your Chase card statement has NOTHING to do with the posting timing of the 10% rebate, nor even reflects such - the rebate is directly posted to your IHG account.

If you do not see the rebate after 6 weeks, call IHG program customer service to open a case. Normally it is not needed but glitches tend to happen once every few months for reasons nobody knows. You can find more info by search the IHG forum.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 12:52 pm

Hi, is the 80k master card offer still available through post #1615 of this thread ? I have a previous IHG account, can I enter my membership number after having been accepted for the card or am I only able to enter it during the application process ?

Last edited by agb1a; Sep 2, 2014 at 1:38 pm
Old Sep 2, 2014, 2:15 pm

here's the link to landing page for 80k points:
https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/ihg/ihgsaml80
Old Sep 2, 2014, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by istroke
here's the link to landing page for 80k points:
https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/ihg/ihgsaml80
... which contains a broken application link (page not valid) that error-redirects to a 60K offer. People should use the 80K app link in the wiki instead.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by beltway
... which contains a broken application link (page not valid) that error-redirects to a 60K offer. People should use the 80K app link in the wiki instead.
i just tried it, and it brought me to application page just fine. maybe you need to log into your IHG account

screenshot
http://postimg.cc/image/eyxv1eyyb/

Last edited by istroke; Sep 2, 2014 at 2:34 pm Reason: screenshot
Old Sep 2, 2014, 2:48 pm

i just tried it, and it brought me to application page just fine. maybe you need to log into your IHG account

screenshot
http://postimg.cc/image/eyxv1eyyb/
I tried the link and it redirected me to the 60k offer .
Old Sep 2, 2014, 2:59 pm

Nope. Tried both my IHG account & my DW's; despite both of us being eligible to churn this card, I got an error both times.

Your screenshot is just the landing page (which loads fine). Got a shot (or URL) of the app page on which you end up if you click through?

Last edited by beltway; Sep 3, 2014 at 8:15 am
Old Sep 2, 2014, 3:09 pm

The wiki, which I've fixed, was wrong:
thanks
Old Sep 2, 2014, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
The rebate will be on your IHG account, it does not go thru Chase card statement.

It is automatically but it is a batch process and prone to IHG IT glitch.

If your stay is luckily done just before the next batch processing, then you would see the 10% rebate posted pretty quick.

If your stay is unluckily done just after a batch processing, then you would not see the 10% may be 6 weeks later.

Again, your Chase card statement has NOTHING to do with the posting timing of the 10% rebate, nor even reflects such - the rebate is directly posted to your IHG account.

If you do not see the rebate after 6 weeks, call IHG program customer service to open a case. Normally it is not needed but glitches tend to happen once every few months for reasons nobody knows. You can find more info by search the IHG forum.

thanks. I read the old wiki that points will show up when statement closes and got confused.. It seems i didn't catch the last "batch"...
Old Sep 2, 2014, 7:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Nope. Tried both my IHG account & my DW's; despite both of us being eligible to churn this card, I got an error both times.

What's the URL of the app page on which you end up? (This is normally different from the link on the landing page, which usually goes to a redirect.)
I got redirected to 60K.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 11:57 pm

On the application, there's a section where you can enter your IHG account number if you already have one, if you don't enter your IHG account number during the application process, can you enter it later once you get the card ?

Last edited by agb1a; Sep 3, 2014 at 10:21 am
Old Sep 3, 2014, 12:42 am

Thumbs up 80K spend bonus alive and well for IHG (Sep 2014)

I have had the IHG card for about 3 years and believe it is one the best cards out there due to low fee but ability for free night each year. We used ours at Intercontinental Osaka this year for a room that is usually $470/night! Also, they did honor the plat status with a room upgrade.
Real reason I'm posting is to report the link posted on this thread is still good - My wife applied for the card last week and it just arrived. Confirmed when activating it that 80K points for $1K min spend in 3 mos.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by agb1a
On the application, there's a section where you can enter your IHG account number if you already have one, if you don't enter your IHG account number during the application process, can you enter it later once you get the card ?
anyone ?
Old Sep 3, 2014, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by agb1a
anyone ?
Please don't keep on posting the same question repeatedly. People will respond if they want to.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 10:37 am

Programs: UA, IHG Platinum, BW Diamond, Carlson Gold, Accor Platinum,
Originally Posted by ltmagnum
I have had the IHG card for about 3 years and believe it is one the best cards out there due to low fee but ability for free night each year. We used ours at Intercontinental Osaka this year for a room that is usually $470/night! Also, they did honor the plat status with a room upgrade.
Real reason I'm posting is to report the link posted on this thread is still good - My wife applied for the card last week and it just arrived. Confirmed when activating it that 80K points for $1K min spend in 3 mos.
Seems like this card has even greater value in Europe where properties are nicer overall but also more expensive than in US

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.