Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Old Aug 6, 2013, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
For the current version of this thread & related wiki, see

IHG Rewards MasterCard (2016).
Print Wikipost

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Old Aug 18, 2014, 9:14 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by HiYoSilver
Did you use the "new Mastercard application" link in the Wiki?
Tried to but the page is no longer available so I used an 80k link I found on slickdeals. However, when I went to the app, it doesn't recap any sign up bonus (which I remember was the case with the 80k link on flyertalk)
Old Aug 18, 2014, 9:26 am

Programs: AA,AS,HH,HY,IB,LH,IHG,MAR,WN
Originally Posted by hightide
Tried to but the page is no longer available...
When I click on the word "Mastercard" in the Wiki it still opens an application site ....applynow.chase.com... No landing page, but the Chase rep said I got the 80k offer.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 9:59 am

Did you use the "new Mastercard application" link in the Wiki?
Originally Posted by hightide
Tried to but the page is no longer available so I used an 80k link I found on slickdeals. However, when I went to the app, it doesn't recap any sign up bonus (which I remember was the case with the 80k link on flyertalk)
When I click on the word "Mastercard" in the Wiki it still opens an application site ....applynow.chase.com... No landing page, but the Chase rep said I got the 80k offer.
I've edited the wiki to make the current verified 80K link more prominent (and demoted discussion of the stale links in post #1, which have been dead for several months now).
Old Aug 18, 2014, 12:11 pm

Link I found on slick deals and used:
https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...ID=&PROMO=DF01

Mastercard updated link on the top of this thread:
https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...ID=&PROMO=DF01

Looks like they are exactly the same. Does Chase automatically award only 60k for those who don't qualify for the 80k?
Old Aug 18, 2014, 12:35 pm

You need a valid offer code, or you need to find a landing page for the 80K offer, ideally with a functioning link to the application. You can call/message Chase and ask them to upgrade your offer.

A few months ago I had applied for another of their cards with a certain signup bonus, and then less than a week later I saw a new offer which was 40% better, so my wife signed up for that. I called Chase, explained the situation, and asked them to upgrade my offer, which they did. However it took a couple of billing cycles for me to get the full bonus.

When applying for a card, always save a copy of the landing page with the offer details.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by beltway
I've edited the wiki to make the current verified 80K link more prominent (and demoted discussion of the stale links in post #1, which have been dead for several months now).
Thank you beltway for your excellent work!

There is also an offer for 60K and $50 statement credit after 1st purchase right on IHG website after I logged in this past weekend to check on existing reservations.

It auto-populates the applicant's name, address and IHG number when click Apply Now.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 8:45 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by zippy the pinhead
When applying for a card, always save a copy of the landing page with the offer details.
Only problem is the Wiki has an "80K" link with no landing page. Can I just send Chase a link to this FT page?
Old Aug 20, 2014, 6:13 am

Originally Posted by zippy the pinhead
You need a valid offer code, or you need to find a landing page for the 80K offer, ideally with a functioning link to the application. You can call/message Chase and ask them to upgrade your offer.
I wrote to and received a reply from Chase SM that I'm indeed qualified for the 80K offer
Old Aug 20, 2014, 11:56 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
I have a couple of codes for the 80K offer that were given to me at checkin. PM me if interested.

ALL CODES SENT OUT

Last edited by ORD-TGU; Aug 25, 2014 at 5:35 pm
Old Aug 25, 2014, 11:57 am

Anyone applied within couple last days? Did you indeed will get 80K?
Old Aug 25, 2014, 12:48 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by obessy
Anyone applied within couple last days? Did you indeed will get 80K?
Anyone who applied within the last couple of days wouldn't have even gotten the card yet, much less the bonus points. And Chase CSRs are sadly known to tell you yes you qualify at Recon, then a month or two later Chase mails you a notice that no, you don't actually qualify.

However, a number of posts above from folks who got the card, did the minimum spend, and have already gotten the bonus.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 12:01 am

I just applied for this card

But the application said it needs further review..
So....
Old Aug 27, 2014, 10:35 am

this offer is active !

I applied for this card on 08/27/2014.

I got approved just now.

The representative told me I have 80k sign-up offer.

Thanks
Old Aug 27, 2014, 2:53 pm

hey guys I recently used 10k points for a reward night. The wiki said I should get 10% of the points back automatically when my statement closes. My statement closed a week ago and no 10% points. I'm wondering what went wrong... Can anyone help? Thank you!
Old Aug 27, 2014, 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by Pecan Pie
hey guys I recently used 10k points for a reward night. The wiki said I should get 10% of the points back automatically when my statement closes. My statement closed a week ago and no 10% points. I'm wondering what went wrong... Can anyone help? Thank you!
The wiki, which I've fixed, was wrong:
Please allow 4 to 6 weeks after Reward Night stay for rebated points to be deposited into your account

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.