Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 6, 2013, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
For the current version of this thread & related wiki, see

IHG Rewards MasterCard (2016).
Print Wikipost

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2014, 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by unkn0wns0ldier
Probably a rookie question but whats the DF01 link? is it the link called Visa application in the original post?
No, it's the alleged 80K MasterCard application. (The URL ends in DF01.)

Note that all Visa links now appear to be dead. I've revised the wiki accordingly. To summarize, we now have
  • an apparent 80K MC offer (waiting for a report confirming actual receipt of the 80K)
  • a known 60K MC offer
Old Mar 18, 2014, 5:48 pm

Originally Posted by TheExplorer
I guess what I'm getting at is, besides the free night, are there any benefits to having this card in comparison to a chase sapphire or other rewards card?
You don't get a free hotel night with the Sapphire card and the AF is $95
Old Mar 18, 2014, 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by Superorb
You don't get a free hotel night with the Sapphire card and the AF is $95
Troll lol I guess the free night can be worth it! Aren't there cards like the Chase Hyatt where you get two night at any hotel worldwide that are better in comparison?
Old Mar 18, 2014, 6:49 pm

I cancelled my IHG Visa in February just before the AF was due as the timing of the free night was terrible as we vacation in March and where we go most hotels are sold out by Feb.

Anyway I was bored so I applied for the 60K IHG MC and was approved.

When I activate the card I'll ask about the bonus and see if I can get 80k and more important we'll see if any bonus posts considering I just cancelled 7 weeks ago.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 7:26 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by flyer4512
I cancelled my IHG Visa in February just before the AF was due as the timing of the free night was terrible as we vacation in March and where we go most hotels are sold out by Feb.

Anyway I was bored so I applied for the 60K IHG MC and was approved.

When I activate the card I'll ask about the bonus and see if I can get 80k and more important we'll see if any bonus posts considering I just cancelled 7 weeks ago.
The only real data point here is if the bonus actually posts. The CSR is clueless about getting a bonus for the second time. If you ask about it that way they will say no. But if you ask without pointing out you have had the card before, they will assume you will get it.

Worse, Chase is notorious for approving a second cc, then sending you a notice a month or two later stating that they are not going to honor that bonus offer for a second card.

Yet sometimes people do get a second bonus. So let us know if it posts, or if you get the dreaded denial of bonus letter.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by Brugge
The only real data point here is if the bonus actually posts. The CSR is clueless about getting a bonus for the second time. If you ask about it that way they will say no. But if you ask without pointing out you have had the card before, they will assume you will get it.

Worse, Chase is notorious for approving a second cc, then sending you a notice a month or two later stating that they are not going to honor that bonus offer for a second card.

Yet sometimes people do get a second bonus. So let us know if it posts, or if you get the dreaded denial of bonus letter.
Originally Posted by flyer4512
and more important we'll see if any bonus posts considering I just cancelled 7 weeks ago.

Yep, as I said, well see
Old Mar 18, 2014, 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by beltway
No, it's the alleged 80K MasterCard application. (The URL ends in DF01.)

Note that all Visa links now appear to be dead. I've revised the wiki accordingly. To summarize, we now have
  • an apparent 80K MC offer (waiting for a report confirming actual receipt of the 80K)
  • a known 60K MC offer
Any reports on what happens if your confirmation says you were approved for a Visa card???
Old Mar 19, 2014, 1:04 am

Programs: SPG, HHonors, Marriott, IHG
only credited 60k vice 80k even that I applied via the 80k link in January 2014. Sent Chase a secure message and they just added the missing 20k.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 8:14 am

Programs: Marriott Plat Premier/LT Plat; SPG Plat/LT Gold; Hilton Gold; Hyatt Plat
IHG Going from Visa to Select Mastercard

Received an e-mail that the IHG CC will be converted over the next few months from Visa to Select Mastercard.
I was planning to cancel due to my travel patterns changing. By way of "new product" does it mean that I would be eligible for the bonus again in the future should my travel plans change?
Old Mar 19, 2014, 8:19 am

Programs: Marriott Plat Premier/LT Plat; SPG Plat/LT Gold; Hilton Gold; Hyatt Plat
Per: http://www.frugaltravelguy.com/2014/...club-card.html

Chase is not giving people bonuses when getting a slightly different product (Visa instead of MC) these days. SO YMMV
Old Mar 19, 2014, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by welookgood.com
Per: http://www.frugaltravelguy.com/2014/...club-card.html

Chase is not giving people bonuses when getting a slightly different product (Visa instead of MC) these days. SO YMMV
The link doesn't say that Chase is not giving those people the bonus. It says Chase did not approve them for opening the new account for the slightly different product. There is a difference.

If you close the old visa account first and then apply for the MC account you should get approved for the new account and you MAY get the bonus again. The second part is the big unknown.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 9:03 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL Diamond, Hyatt Plat, AA Plat, SPG Plat/Lifetime Plat, Amex Plat / PRG, DClub
Originally Posted by unkn0wns0ldier
I'm thinking about going into the Chase branch here to see what they can offer me? Has anyone tried this path? Also the application link that doesn't say what the offer is or whether its a visa or mc.. should I even try to use that link at this point? Newcomer so any help would be appreciated.
Unlikely the branch will be able to help you. They don't own the card, I imagine...will need to refer you to the call center. Just my experience with other cards from universal banks.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 11:34 am

I went to Chase.com and even though I still have Visa it shows me with Intercontinental Select card. Which is the new card. So I'm thinking it's too late to churn.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 12:00 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Waypoint

Those joining the thread to discuss the new MasterCard version may find it helpful to review the Wikipost at the top, and also to scroll back to post 1584 in which it was first mentioned on March 6th.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 12:15 pm

Hi Everyone,

I am new and get a question.
If I cancel my PC card will my Free annual Night be gone because I would like to try to cancel and apply for the Master card version later

I get email from chase today saying my visa will be converted to master soon

Thanks for any reply

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.